/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is working for insurance companies haram?

Mustafa16
10-05-2016, 10:37 PM
my mom and dad have suggested that I become an actuary, but I heard insurance is haram...is it? and what evidence is there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
10-06-2016, 03:11 AM
Finance, accounting, actuary. I think what you need to do is sit down and see what you like doing and enjoying and what you don't and then narrow down a list of fields related to those traits and then do some research into those to see what is required to get there.

Do yo like logic, math, numbers, technical stuff?

then look into finance, accounting, programming, etc.

then see if it's halal/haram, then see what you need to get there , then find someone to shadow for a day to see if you would even like it

do you like helping people and being around people? then think about medicine, social service, theology, teaching, etc.

and so forth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.