/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child soldiers

cooterhein
10-07-2016, 12:48 AM
According to a UN report from earlier this year that covers 2015, they have 362 confirmed cases of the recruitment and use of child soldiers in Syria, 274 of which Daesh is responsible for and the rest of them are the responsibility of various Islamist groups operating in the conflict (yes Islamist is a word and a useful descriptor). 56% of these were children under the age of 15, and in 18 of these cases, the children were 7 years old. In Iraq, 37 cases were verified, 19 of them from Daesh and the rest are Kurds and Shiite groups. That may seem like a small number, but wait, that's just what they were able to verify. Another 169 cases all tied to Daesh have been claimed but not verified as of yet.

Meanwhile, Boko Haram (Western Education is Forbidden) is confirmed by the UN to have recruited 225 children and used 21 girls as suicide bombers.

Now, just so I don't confuse anyone, let me describe very clearly what is happening here. People criticize America, because America is the worst or whatever, and you want to stand up for the people that we call terrorists because, well, they don't deserve the condemnation that we are giving them. And to this I am saying....

Child soldiers. Numbers that have been confirmed by the UN, and one large set of numbers that are suspected but not confirmed. You should at least condemn this, right? You can't look at these sorts of figures and claim that these terror groups ought to be held harmless, as if they're sheep who simply fight back in perfectly reasonable ways. You, as a Muslim, because you're a Muslim, should at least be willing to mention that some of this "fighting back" is being done with child soldiers and that's not something you can support or defend. I mean really, what do you call someone who recruits and uses child soldiers in a fight? I wouldn't call this sort of person a sheep. Maybe we can come up with a better word.

I know how fond you are of saying "Do what you must," but it would be good if you could clearly state that recruiting child soldiers should not be one of those things.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 05:24 PM
What do the so-called "child soldiers" have to do with America, Russia and their allies bombing "civilians" in Syria and Iraq? Or invading Afghanistan and other places in the world?

sister herb
10-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Should we, because we are Muslims, condemn also using of the child soldiers of the Christian origin groups or armies? Or any others, just same what is the main religious ideology of them?

Hey, most of us condemn already those Daesh guys. Could we now condemn all crimes against humanity what anyone has done during the history? Wanna do the same with us? Let´s condemn!

(And that must help a lot.)

Born_Believer
10-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Why do we have to respond to what a fringe group like ISIS or Boko Haram are doing? As a Christian, can I see you make a thread about criticism and completely denouncement of Andres Breyvik? Oh and also can I see you publicly and wholeheartedly apologise to every African on the planet for Christianities embrace and propagation of slavery, based on Christian teachings that the black man is inferior.

Thanks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Also, don´t forget to condenm nazims and Adolf Hitler. Maybe atheists could then condemn massacres done by Stalin. Is here any volunteer to condemn colonial-era crimes? What about Christopher Columbus and those sufferings what he and his followers cause to the Native Americans?

Search
10-07-2016, 06:48 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
Now, just so I don't confuse anyone, let me describe very clearly what is happening here. People criticize America, because America is the worst or whatever, and you want to stand up for the people that we call terrorists because, well, they don't deserve the condemnation that we are giving them. And to this I am saying....
From a strictly theoretical perspective, a valid question would be are there selection pressures that you have which lead you to shunt your intelligence in favor of coming out looking like you're a smartass that's quite unfortunately left his smarts somewhere else and is now just so obviously left looking like the latter part of the word. FYI, there have been countless threads condemning various Daesh attacks on IB itself; therefore you having a necessity to do some kind of psychological projection is seriously your problem and you should treat it as such instead of bringing your nefarious imagined trajectories of how degenerates Muslims are because you seem to live in a bubble that's precariously unreliable, inaccurate and quite obviously misappropriating your biases for facts.

And yeah, tell me again why you aren't an Islamophobic person - oh, yeah, because you with your principled review of transcendence of Muslim terrorism, don't think so. The noises that you're making are really quite absurd because you're living in a landscape that's quite ostensibly has defined your identity through tribalism and then you have the temerity to defend irrational deductions that have been reached on a curve of ignoring a great part of history, evidence, and facts and now seems within this specific bolded sentence definitely about riding some ludicrous right-wing conspiracy theory and stupendously ludicrous Islamophobic controversy of some nonexistent lack of Muslim condemnation that have been proven time and again to not be true.

You're building a friction point wherein you have to start a conversation always with "why you" with some disproved theory about the Muslim community and then you wonder why anyone would think you're Islamophobic. I told you I'd start reporting any of your Islamophobic posts; and my having never done so far does not mean that you should take my niceness and tolerance for stepping up onto us like a welcome doormat on which you can rub the dirt of your shoes. Heed my words or don't be surprised when you're infracted and/or banned. For the record, criticism is one thing - a thing to be tolerated and many times celebrated because they're opportunities for correction or introspection; being deliberately and malignantly factually inaccurate and slandering us on IB and as a Muslim community is another and insufferable.

MuslimInshallah
10-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Hello Cooterhein,

(smile) Yes, I have split off some parts of a previous thread because the posts were completely off-topic. It is difficult for people to have a coherent conversation when the subject veers off in various directions. Please keep this thread for your thoughts about child soldiers. I have deleted a couple more of your posts for this thread, because you are referring to other posts on the previous thread. If you want to converse with Huzaifah about sheep and wolves, I split this into a separate thread with the title: Of sheep and wolves.

God Bless.

cooterhein
10-07-2016, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
What do the so-called "child soldiers" have to do with America, Russia and their allies bombing "civilians" in Syria and Iraq? Or invading Afghanistan and other places in the world?
The child soldiers have to do with the people who fight America, the people that you call sheep fighting the good fight against a marauding wolf, the people that you want to defend. The people that most people, Muslims included, would call terrorists.

Don't defend these people. They have child soldiers. Islam doesn't defend them, most Muslims don't defend them, just you.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Don't beat around the bush. Why did America invade Iraq in the first place back in 2003? Who asked them to? Why did they involve themselves in the fight against Gaddafi, in Libya? Why do they stick their nose where it doesn't belong?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Did the people living in Iraq and Syria - prior to America involving itself in everybody's business all around the world - invade America and carry out attacks there? Did the Afghans invade America and carry out attacks there? Yet they've been interfering in Afghanistan for how long? Forever promising to "pull out"?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Don't try to divert the issue away from America's crimes by saying, "What about this one doing this and this group doing that"; forget this person and that group. All of this started with America. The entire "War on Terror" started with America, no one else. There were far less problems in the world before America started interfering in countries it had no business involving itself in.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
Don't defend these people. They have child soldiers.
Don't defend America. They kill children. Children who are not soldiers at all and who have never been in war.

Serinity
10-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Islam looks out for the good of mankind, and sometimes war is a necessity for good to prevail, in certain circumstances, or for Justice to prevail.

For children to go to war, would be too traumatising as they are yet to understand.

I have seen no instances of the Prophet :saw: allowing children to go to war, and I can never see him allowing that. For the record, they are mentally and physically weak. They are the future of a nation. They are vulnerable, and they need nuturing.

Exempted from Jihad are children, as they are weak, both physically and mentally.
War are for those capable of sound mind.

I don't see why you would make this thread either.

Now my question is - why did you make this thread?

keiv
10-07-2016, 10:39 PM
As a Christian, shouldn't you be more worried about your religious leaders raping little boys and trying to cover it up?

cooterhein
10-07-2016, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Don't defend America. They kill children. Children who are not soldiers at all and who have never been in war.
Don't defend people who recruit and use child soldiers in order to fight America or anyone else. Can you do that for me?

Getting back to the original question, though. When we're speaking of non-state actors who seek to attack America because it's such a monster, you might have a tendency to think of these people as sheep who fight back against a marauding wolf. So maybe you want to call them sheep instead of terrorists, and that's fine. But my question is, if these violent non-state actors recruit and use child soldiers in the course of fighting the US (or Russia or Iran or the Iraqi coalition forces, or....) what would be a better word for that?

Even if they use child soldiers, do you still want to call them sheep? Or would you like to come up with a different word to describe these people?

I've asked you a question. Please respond to the question.

cooterhein
10-07-2016, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
As a Christian, shouldn't you be more worried about your religious leaders raping little boys and trying to cover it up?
I'm a non-Catholic Christian, so I actually am pretty worried about that. I got booted from a Catholic forum at one point for trying to find ways to talk about that. Does that help my credibility?

cooterhein
10-07-2016, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Now my question is - why did you make this thread?
I didn't.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:56 PM
What question? You want me to come up with different words to please you? Ask your wife to do that.

This thread is a waste of time and should get deleted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.