/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kafirs threatening the performing of Maghrib prayer

anonymous
10-07-2016, 08:55 PM
I want to know if anyone of you have been situation where you are being prevented from praying Maghrib prayer as the kafir manager are scheduling always meetings based on that time based on the availability of other team members who are also Kafirs and you are the only Muslim in the team.

How have you dealt with such situations , if they refused to reschedule the meeting to another time and if they threatened you to chose between your Salah and your job ?

Unlike other prayers, The window for Maghrib prayer is very short - Hardly 15-20 minutes .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
10-07-2016, 09:07 PM
If you are in the US, you can reach out to civil liberties and CAIR for prejudice in the work place. By law the employer has to provide a reasonable accommodation and this certainly seems reasonable enough. You can also go to the HR. They will also try to get you fired or make it harder for you afterwards. Do have to work there? I would still go to HR but also have a back up job ready just in case.

Snel
10-07-2016, 09:20 PM
If they threatened you to choose between you salat and job, then find another job obviously.

M.I.A.
10-07-2016, 09:20 PM
send some group emails?

hopefully they just a bit thick.

..dont explode plz.

why is he always going to the toilet in the middle of meetings?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
10-07-2016, 10:08 PM
This is not prejudice towards religions . This is simply the management giving importance to work over an employees; religious sentiments. At Office , it is always Work is number 1 priority and everything else takes backseat

What backup job are we talking about ? What is the guarantee that another kaafir manager/team will not turn up in the new job or a meeting or critical task will not clash with Maghrib prayer there ?
At this rate , once will have to either start our own business and close the shop when Salah time comes up as it is done in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately not everyone has good luck of working there and that country itself is slowing moving towards becoming a non-muslim environment. They have already abandoned Islamic calendar and have Swapped Thursday with Saturday as the weekly off. They are now preparing for a future with Oil and environment may not be the same , except in Makkah and Madinah.

new2010
10-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Assalamualaikum dear Brother,

without knowing the hole situation and the atmosphere at your workplace, I want to contribute my thoughts on this issue. My experience is: there is or should be always an option to keep your job and still pray your salah at time. Sometimes it will result in a compromise. Let's be serious you can pray the fard of maghreb in 5 to 7 minutes, if you recite short surahs. When you take wudoo before your meeting, you will be out for maximum 10 minutes.

It always depends on the workplace. I think your meetings are in an office place. This is actually more difficult, instead of leaving a warehouse. And is has to do how we Muslims represent our religous, when we have a good akhlaq and tolerate other people and their religion, often you don't get problems, so they tolerate you either.

Just be honest and polite as we Muslims are supposed to. And talk! Talk in manner, that's not overbearing, but make clear, you want a solution. A solution that's good for the company, but make clear, you are just away for 10 minutes and then back to work more productively. Make a compromise: Say, you stay 10 minutes longer. A lot of people are smokers, I guess you have even colleagues they need or want to take a smoke break. Try to pray maghreb in this time span.

Here is fatwa with a similar question: https://islamqa.info/en/20712

May Allah make it easy for you!

talibilm
10-08-2016, 01:48 AM
:sl:

These are tests from Allah but we should try to solve such problems with as much hikmah as possible and try ask permission of 10 minutes break but if you are still missing your prayer its better to look out for another job. Try the test but Allah will never let you down as seen from this famous Revert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_U1ifMpgI0

But Magrib time is not 15-20 minutes but it lasts for nearly about 50 minutes after sunset when you see still see some redness on the horizon. But even if you could not make it still you must try to pray it before Isha time starts which is about 1.15 minutes from Magrib. But just delaying Magrib whose time is shorter without Valid reason will come under big sins.

Holy branch
10-08-2016, 09:02 AM
I noticed the title of this topic and it's use of the term "Kafir", so I checked out it's meaning.

Kafir is an Arabic word literally meaning "ingrate."

In the Islamic doctrinal sense the term refers to a person who does not recognize Allah or the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad.

In cultural terms, Kafir is a derogatory term used to describe an unbeliever or an apostate from Islam.

I also saw that a Muslim is not to be friend's with a kafir-

Quran 3:28
"Believers should not take kafirs as friends in preference to other believers. Those who do this will have none of Allah’s protection and will only have themselves as guards. Allah warns you to fear Him for all will return to Him."

I'm curious if Muslims here also speak in such derogatory terms about non-Muslims?

And do any Muslims here disregard Quran 3:28 and maintain friendships with non-Muslims?

sister herb
10-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Note that we might use also the term kafiir as non-Muslim, non-believer. It doesn´t need to be "derogatory" like many other terms what for example kafiirs use about us Muslims.

About this part of the Quran you quoted, it´s off topic and you can discuss about it in some other thread - better not to mix here to the discussions too many different matters. But make a search first, here are many discussions about this theme already.

You also need to understand that in this part of the surah 3:28 the basic meaning is a lot of wider than only a simple friendship with somebody. The other translation of this surah, Sahih International, doesn´t mention the word "friend" at all but the word "allies":

Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah , except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination.

https://quran.com/3:28

Muezzin
10-08-2016, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I want to know if anyone of you have been situation where you are being prevented from praying Maghrib prayer as the kafir manager are scheduling always meetings based on that time based on the availability of other team members who are also Kafirs and you are the only Muslim in the team.

How have you dealt with such situations , if they refused to reschedule the meeting to another time and if they threatened you to chose between your Salah and your job ?

Unlike other prayers, The window for Maghrib prayer is very short - Hardly 15-20 minutes .
Is everyone else available either 15-20 minutes before Maghrib, or 10-15 minutes after Maghrib? Surely some sort of compromise can be reached.

muslim brother
10-08-2016, 12:05 PM
the thoughts

anonymous user..why?
world view,personal lens?
inappropriate title..proof?

come to mind

not everyone is out to get us,infact most arent out to get us
paranoia is a problem
positivity and direct communication the solution
and what does "kafir" have to do with meeting times

plus i believe this is something you can sort out yourself without increasing tensions in the communities

anonymous
10-08-2016, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Is everyone else available either 15-20 minutes before Maghrib, or 10-15 minutes after Maghrib? Surely some sort of compromise can be reached.
Meeting time was selected after checking all other team members availabilty. I am the only Muslim and i am the one who will forced to compromise and get a sin in my records
Meeting time is between 5:30 and 6:30 PM and maghrib Azan is at 6:00 and time finishes by 6:15 as it becomes dark as sun sets very fast.

How can i do both prayer and meeting ?

ardianto
10-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Meeting time is between 5:30 and 6:30 PM and maghrib Azan is at 6:00 and time finishes by 6:15 as it becomes dark as sun sets very fast.
What timetable do you use?. Normally if maghrib azan is about 6:00, then isha azan is about 7:20. You still can perform salah maghrib in the meeting room after meeting.

kritikvernunft
10-08-2016, 03:31 PM
This is not prejudice towards religions . This is simply the management giving importance to work over an employees; religious sentiments. At Office , it is always Work is number 1 priority and everything else takes backseat
Below the line, it is 1 job for many candidates. Above the line, it is 1 candidate for many jobs. Below the line, people look for jobs and reply to adverts. Above the line, people smash the phone on spamming recruiters, who keep asking "Can I have a minute of your time?", answer:no. Below the line, there is no point in arguing with employers over why you need to wear a red nose, look like a clown, and show your gratitude for the boss spitting at you, because that proves that he saw you this time, instead of just ignoring you, doesn't it? Measure your distance from the line, and make sure that you cross it, because above the line, you can tell the boss to clean the prayer room for you, and quick, or else he will soon be paying another massive fee to the recruiters, to the tune of at least one third of your annual salary, and that is still a bargain.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.