/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good Muslim friends..

SG12345
10-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Assalaamu'alaiykum! I pray you're in the best of health and emaan.

I am wondering if anybody could give me some tips or pointers in regards to making some good Muslim friends.

I have about 3 close friends but recently something happened which made me feel as though I need to widen my horizons and widen my circle of friends.. especially good Muslim girls my age (21)! Because of my lack of social circle and my incredibly small family in addition to being somewhat outcasted by our community I'm beginning to feel really lonely. My emaan isn't doing so great either which is another reason why I am looking for Muslim organisations/places/etc to meet good like minded people..

I have applied to volunteer with charities and asked around a few people I know if there are any girl groups but no luck.

Any other ideas? If you're in the same boat and are also a sister looking to make new friends, & are looking for a friendship which will benefit you in both lives feel free to reply to this thread! (:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
10-07-2016, 09:05 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

If you can let us know where abouts you live, there may be sisters on here in that vicinity who can meet up with you and introduce you to other sisters. Also have you considered going to the masjid for like halaqas and events and see if you can find good sisters there. and if you are in the west, have you tried MSA ?

SG12345
10-07-2016, 09:08 PM
JazakAllah Khairun for replying and I'm from the Leeds area.. I've messaged the mosque and also attempted to contact a girl I used to know who ran circles there but no reply as of yet.. there are some events like talks etc but they're not very frequent. In this area unfortunately there seems to be very little to do for the youth in particular girls. I've tried to start my own girls group and nobody turned up.. I guess I didn't have the contacts for it.. MSA I've not heard of that what is it??

SG12345
10-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Leeds in the UK**

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim brother
10-07-2016, 09:22 PM
a lot of links here

http://www.leedsnewmuslims.org.uk/links/

you can help many new muslims inshallah.

islamirama
10-07-2016, 09:59 PM
MSA is Muslim student association. It's a student club for university students. But your in the UK so it's not relevant to you. This is UK based forum so just wait a bit and sisters should start replying soon.

SG12345
10-07-2016, 10:00 PM
JazakAllah Khair for those replied. & in sha Allah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.