/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Aaqib
10-07-2016, 09:19 PM
What am I supposed to do?

I talked to the counselor to change me out of violin class, and then she said she would call me up.
But now today, my teacher just told me it's my responsibility to talk to her but I can't! I have no time!
And it's either I get an office referral or I play my instrument.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
10-07-2016, 09:42 PM
It is your responsibility. If you can't care enough to make time then don't complain.

Why don't you want to play? what's your reasoning? If it's Islam then why did you sign up for the class?

Regardless, you can still tell the teacher you don't want to play based on religion if that's the direction you are going. If she/he gives you a referral then take it to the office and talk to the VP. They can cancel it and excuse you from that class. If they can't then you talk to your local imam to talk to them. You can make them not force you as music is an elective, not a required core subject.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:18 PM
If you do Haraam, on the Day of Qiyaamah, who will bear the sin? Will you be able to say, "They told me to?" No. You will bear your own sins. Even Shaytaan on that day will tell people, "Don't blame me; blame yourselves. I didn't force you. I just called you (to evil), and you obeyed me."

How much regret won't the Kaafireen and Munaafiqeen have on that day...

So don't let anyone coerce you into committing Haraam. Music is Haraam. Refuse to play the violin or be in a music class.

Aaqib
10-07-2016, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
It is your responsibility. If you can't care enough to make time then don't complain.

Why don't you want to play? what's your reasoning? If it's Islam then why did you sign up for the class?

Regardless, you can still tell the teacher you don't want to play based on religion if that's the direction you are going. If she/he gives you a referral then take it to the office and talk to the VP. They can cancel it and excuse you from that class. If they can't then you talk to your local imam to talk to them. You can make them not force you as music is an elective, not a required core subject.
Assuming is not a good thing bro. I can't! My mom has to go to work, so I can't go early. Maybe on Monday my mom will let me, and then there is this period of study hall that I can't do because I pray that block. But I'll try on the next time I get the chance to tell my Mom, alhamdullilah.

I don't want to play because it's haram, simple as that.

And I know, but now my parents think I'm a radical.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
10-07-2016, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
If you do Haraam, on the Day of Qiyaamah, who will bear the sin? Will you be able to say, "They told me to?" No. You will bear your own sins. Even Shaytaan on that day will tell people, "Don't blame me; blame yourselves. I didn't force you. I just called you (to evil), and you obeyed me."

How much regret won't the Kaafireen and Munaafiqeen have on that day...

So don't let anyone coerce you into committing Haraam. Music is Haraam. Refuse to play the violin or be in a music class.
Ok, but how can I bear my dad beating me? He will beat me with a stick if I don't play music class.

Aaqib
10-07-2016, 10:34 PM
I signed up for classes because I wasn't a religious muslim but now I've realized the pain of sinning.

My dad thinks I'm a radical and he's telling me I have to listen to him and he'll deal with Allah this is so hard but I will try and do it.

I just hope Allah's with me because I'm crying now.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 10:43 PM
He said He'll "deal with Allaah"?

...أستغفر الله

Laa Howla wa Laa Quwwata Illaa Billaah...

He must fear Allaah Ta`aalaa and the repercussions of a statement like that.

islamirama
10-08-2016, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I signed up for classes because I wasn't a religious muslim but now I've realized the pain of sinning.

My dad thinks I'm a radical and he's telling me I have to listen to him and he'll deal with Allah this is so hard but I will try and do it.

I just hope Allah's with me because I'm crying now.
Go talk to the counselor. Tell her/her that you can't be in this class anymore as it is against your faith to be involved in musical instruments. If they say why you joined up before, tell them you are started to learn more about your faith and want to try to follow it more and better yourself in your faith. Tell your dad it's just a music class and you're not planning on becoming a musician or anything so you rather do something more productive instead, like study for your other classes in that time. You could even become an office aide or library aide for that period.

Arfa
10-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Assalamualaikum,

It is sad to hear that your father takes such a strict approach towards you as parents should be kind to their children just as parents have rights. I feel the frustration you must have in your school system plus the agony of facing it alone. Be brave and be strong which you are Ma sha Allah already. Keep standing firm on your rightful stance and I hope you get through this in sha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.