/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Restraining yawning – The Permanent Committee

mission2succeed
10-07-2016, 10:59 PM
:salam:

Restraining yawning – The Permanent Committee

Q 3: I heard a man saying that when he yawns, he covers his mouth so that Satan may not enter inside him. He attributed this to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and claimed that it was mentioned in the Sahih (authentic) Book of Muslim. Is this true?

A: It is Mustahab (desirable) for those who yawn to restrain it as much as possible and cover their mouths. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

When one of you yawns, you should try to restrain it with the help of your hand, since it is Satan that enters therein. Narrated by Muslim.

In another narration, You should cover your mouth with your hand and not yawn in a loud voice, as Satan will laugh at you if you do so.

May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’

http://alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaChapt...eNo=1&BookID=7

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
10-08-2016, 05:33 PM
and also say allah hu'akbar?

...also i read once that you should use your left hand and only your right hand while praying..

somewhere on the forum.

but in another thread on the subject this was discredited..

it is best not to preform any unnecessary actions during sallah.

just wanted to add some thing to the thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.