/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So called "child soldiers"

Karl
10-08-2016, 04:00 AM
Further to a recent discussion where TPKA cooterhein expresses his opposition to "child soldiers", my question to him is what does it matter how old they are? Are you ageist? The reason the West started having a problem with "child soldiers" is because it has been emasculated by feminism and the UN commies. Every able bodied male, regardless of age, in a state of war, should be prepared to fight to defend his country, rather than staying at home being a coward. The only ones who should stay at home are shemale mummies boy weaklings. The UN is insane as they also define someone under the age of 18 as a "child".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
10-08-2016, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Further to a recent discussion where TPKA cooterhein expresses his opposition to "child soldiers", my question to him is what does it matter how old they are? Are you ageist? The reason the West started having a problem with "child soldiers" is because it has been emasculated by feminism and the UN commies. Every able bodied male, regardless of age, in a state of war, should be prepared to fight to defend his country, rather than staying at home being a coward. The only ones who should stay at home are shemale mummies boy weaklings. The UN is insane as they also define someone under the age of 18 as a "child".
are you serious?? you do know that child soldiers are haram in sharia?

Karl
10-08-2016, 05:26 AM
If it's haram then interesting how even little girls in Afghanistan are prepared to pick up a gun to protect themselves against invading infidels. Are you trying to tell me that these Muslims are not real Muslims for having some courage and not being cowardly? I don't care what anyone says. If someone invades ME and MY family my entire family, at least all MALES, will pick up a weapon and FIGHT!

I also find it odd that Christians not all that long ago commonly had child soldiers themselves, yet TODAY them as well as their communist allies seem to be the first ones to have a complete meltdown whenever they hear about child soldiers.

cooterhein
10-08-2016, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
The UN is not communist nor could it possibly be communist. You torture the English language when you say this. To your question, why does it matter how old they are? It matters because of personal agency, it matters because fighting in a war is an adult decision that should be made by adults, it matters because when kids fight in wars it usually is an adult's decision at the end of the day and the child has been taken advantage of. And it matters because the mental strain of war is too much for a lot of adults, and for all kids. It messes them up, even Muhammad laid age restrictions on enthusiastic young fighters. It's in your hadith. Am I ageist? No, I don't believe this qualifies as prejudice or discrimination. It does have something to do with age, but it doesn't have anything to do with prejudice or discrimination.

Now, in a state of war, it does make a certain amount of sense for every able bodied male (of legal age) to serve his country. Along with any able-bodied female that is capable of doing the same job, if I may say so. Or are you sexist? Getting back to the point, though. Able bodied people who wish to serve in such a capacity should only do so by joining the actual military of the country in which they live. Forming a violent non-state entity is not okay with me, for so many reasons, not least of which is the tendency for these types of groups to be completely unregulated when it comes to recruitment (and literally everything else). They can and have, as one example, recruited children as young as 7 for their fight. This fighting should only be done by an actual military though, it should be regulated in what it does so as to prevent abuse, and if the country is a UN member (which every military-having country is), it should abide by the various rules and regulations of the UN.

The UN is not communist in any sense (or any specific socio-political/economic ideology), and it's not insane. Actually, it is the organization that shoulders primary responsibility for picking up the pieces after violent people listen to your bad advice.

Also, Zafran makes a good point.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-08-2016, 08:14 AM
A male teenager who protects his family or himself against attackers is not a child soldier. Don´t mix two things together.

A typical example of the child soldier is a child who has kidnapped from his/hers home and forced to fight with some militant group, in come cases even against his/hers own family, relatives or community. He/she has propably being forced by threatening him with sexual or other violence. Hundreds of thousands (propably millions) children have been abused in the wars during the history as forcing them to be soldiers.

This isn´t a problem of any specific religious group as using children as soldiers. This is a human right problem and I see it very cheap and low-minded if someone tries to use kind of violation against the children´s rights as an accusation against some other religious groups. (Not in this thread but kind of behaving might has happened here before.)

https://www.hrw.org/topic/childrens-...child-soldiers

AabiruSabeel
10-08-2016, 02:09 PM
This is a resurrection of a previously closed thread. Some good answers have been given on both, hence :threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.