/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and paganism

Al Sultan
10-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I've heard many people keep talking about how Islam is a copy of Hinduism,or buddishm,but also mention some of the rituals which are similar,but is it true that Islam has pagan roots? or is it just a lie? and explain specifically cuz I really wanna understand it fully,with no confusion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
10-08-2016, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
I've heard many people keep talking about how Islam is a copy of Hinduism,or buddishm,but also mention some of the rituals which are similar,but is it true that Islam has pagan roots? or is it just a lie? and explain specifically cuz I really wanna understand it fully,with no confusion.
The basics of islam are completly differnt frm buddism and hunduism so how islam has similarity to other religions around the world

islamirama
10-08-2016, 05:42 PM
If you have to question if Islam has pagan roots then you have not learned enough about Islam at a basic level. At the very basic fundamental level, all Muslims should have a level of knowledge where they know what Islam is.

Islam is a monotheistic religion. It was what was preached to Adam a.s., and what was preached by all 124,000+ prophets who came to their people. Their are similarities in other non -divine religions and it can be either copy/imitation over time or adaption over time or just influence from the divine scriptures. Islam currently is the only unadulterated pure monotheistic religion in the world. Anything else attributed to it is false.

Al Sultan
10-08-2016, 06:03 PM
No I know,but I heard some people comparing Islam to Hinduism and Paganism,For example,Pagans used to do Wuthu,WE muslims do wudu aswell,im just confused I guess,because the rituals of the hindu/budda/pagan religions have similarities...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
10-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Some religions may have some things that may resemble some things in Islam.

It is because, usually, all Prophets :as: came with the same message, but people corrupted it over times. Others made false religions taking some from the true religion.

So Islam has not copied anything, rather it is the false religions that has.

See it like this:

A Prophet :as: came with the truth. Some corrupt people made up lies, etc. and took from the truth.. Some stories, say The first 2 sons of Adam :as:, the story of Habil and Qabil may be in other religions, in a corrupt form, or completely different form.

Say Naruto. There were 2 people, who was to be tested, the 1st son got to be the successor, the second, who expected to become the successor, became angry, and wanted to take by force.. This sounds, in the "base form" like a stolen thing from Islam about Habil and Qabil.

Allahu alam.

ardianto
10-09-2016, 03:36 AM
:sl:

There is term in my place, "Isbadu", abbreviation from "ISlam, but BuddhA (Buddhist) and hinDu". This term is used to satirize Muslims who perform innovated ritual that actually inspired by ritual from Hinduism, Buddhism, or animism.

In the past people of Indonesia and Malaysia were Hindus, Buddhists, or animist. Then Islam came, and mostly of people embraced Islam. However, many of them still could not really leave their previous belief. So then they innovated many ritual that actually inspired by their previous belief. The same thing happen in India/Pakistan too.

There are many innovation of ritual (bidah) among Muslims that inspired by paganism or other beliefs. This is what make Islam look like similar as other beliefs.

Al Sultan
10-09-2016, 04:49 PM
But isn't it haram Brother?...

Serinity
10-09-2016, 08:54 PM
:salam:

Innovation in deen is haram. Innovation leads to misguidance, misguidance leads to Hellfire. Read in a hadith.

The Islamic Beliefs do not like the other beliefs in the sense that it has similarities. It is not that Islam is similar to other religions in terms of beliefs - it is NOT. Rather it is other beliefs that may have stolen from stories, and corrupted.

There is no belief system like Islam.

Rather, Islam is pure monotheism in all aspects (worship, divinity, Lordship etc.)

What people refer to is culture, which may be in direct contradiction or opposition to Islam. Some confuse culture with Islam.

Not every Arabic culture is Islamic, rather it can be the opposite of Islamic, and so with other cultures.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.