/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment! Enlightenment!

Enna
10-09-2016, 02:05 AM
I need some personal enlightenment, folks! If it must not be a bother to you I would be needing your time to answer these questions. It might have already been answered from previous posts but can you please?

1. How do you dedicate yourself to Allah?

2. Can you tell your story of your life as a believer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
10-09-2016, 04:43 AM
1) By adhering to selfless devotional service. We remember Allah in good times and in bad times. We aspire to something that exceeds the five senses, which is what taqwa is. We seek to emulate prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him] in everything we do.

2) I feel like my life has value. I was an atheist before I became a muslim. When you have a worldview that says that you are nothing more than a product of evolution, it makes it hard to see life as sacred. On the other hand, when you see all life as sacred and all people as a creation of Almighty God, it's no longer difficult to reach out and help a loner, a prostitute, a homeless person or a widow.

Enna
10-09-2016, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
1) By adhering to selfless devotional service. We remember Allah in good times and in bad times. We aspire to something that exceeds the five senses, which is what taqwa is. We seek to emulate prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him] in everything we do.

2) I feel like my life has value. I was an atheist before I became a muslim. When you have a worldview that says that you are nothing more than a product of evolution, it makes it hard to see life as sacred. On the other hand, when you see all life as sacred and all people as a creation of Almighty God, it's no longer difficult to reach out and help a loner, a prostitute, a homeless person or a widow.
Thank you so much for sharing!
By the way, have you already experienced the Five Pillars? How was it?
And is it okay to know why you were an atheist before? How did you found your deep faith? I am so glad you have found and now see your life as sacred. :)

muslim brother
10-09-2016, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16

:Alhumdill

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
drac16
10-09-2016, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Enna
Thank you so much for sharing!
By the way, have you already experienced the Five Pillars? How was it?
And is it okay to know why you were an atheist before? How did you found your deep faith? I am so glad you have found and now see your life as sacred. :)
Yeah, I practice most of the five pillars; the one I don't practice is Hajj because I'm unable to go there due to a lack of money. I became an atheist after watching a documentary by Richard Dawkins called 'The root of all evil'. I was an atheist for four years. What caught my eye is the fact that the Qur'an is constantly challenging its audience to disprove it. It has been 1400 years since it's been available, and still no one has managed to do it.

Islam is a faith that does not discourage scientific inquiry and I found that very refreshing. We know that nations like Ad and Thamud existed because we have archaeological evidence to back it up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.