/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In this case is it haram to cut ties with family?

ReboundMuslimah
10-09-2016, 06:58 PM
This family causes me stress and extreme anxiety. I am sick of the mental abuse. Haven't talked to some of them in awhile but I still hear them talk so much crap about me. I think the shitans have done their job right because they have managed to drive me off the walls. Sometimes I feel like running away because I need some time away from this family. The only persons that understands me is my counsellor I doubt Muslims would because they don't belive in cutting ties with family. I need to apply for assistance so I can get the hell outta here because Its not good for my mental state as I already have a lot of mental issues.

In situations like this where its not good for you health is it haram to cut ties with your family?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim brother
10-09-2016, 07:37 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...-children.html

might help

Arfa
10-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Assalamualaikum,

dear sister,

I feel so saddened by your situation. May Allah bless you with ease and comfort. My dear, our religion Islam is very kind and full of mercy for its fellows. No one has a right to abuse you mentally or otherwise be it your family or friends. The pain you are dealing with is graver as you are dealing abuse on daily basis. Please seek a reputed and reliable therapist who can help with your situation. If your situation worsens you should separate your residence probably if talking to your family doesn't help but keep the link of communication open as cutting ties will only give you pain. May Allah help you and bless you with peace and satisfaction Aameen. My prayers for you dear sister love and hugs.

islamirama
10-09-2016, 07:48 PM
As'salaamu alaikum,

The scholars have agreed that it is best to stay at a distance from those kin who cause you harm. This isn't really cutting ties with them. You are keeping your distance for your own safety and if and when things get better you will rejoin them. so it's not like you are saying you have nothing to do with them, rather you would be more than happy to continue with meeting and social bonding when it is safe but for now you can keep your distance for your own well being.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ReboundMuslimah
10-09-2016, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arfa
Assalamualaikum,

dear sister,

I feel so saddened by your situation. May Allah bless you with ease and comfort. My dear, our religion Islam is very kind and full of mercy for its fellows. No one has a right to abuse you mentally or otherwise be it your family or friends. The pain you are dealing with is graver as you are dealing abuse on daily basis. Please seek a reputed and reliable therapist who can help with your situation. If your situation worsens you should separate your residence probably if talking to your family doesn't help but keep the link of communication open as cutting ties will only give you pain. May Allah help you and bless you with peace and satisfaction Aameen. My prayers for you dear sister love and hugs.
Thanks for trying to understand sis. My family is a pain in the butt i wonder how i survived all these year. i deal with sihr and jinn and so do they but they just deny it and since my problems are pretty obvious they use it against me. If i got into an argument with them they would say its my "jinn speaking" which is ridiculous because i am in control of my body. i deal with anxiety and panic attacks which mostly occur when i'm in public and when i am with them. my dad constantly blames things on me because im bewitched. The whole family is a mess constant yelling and fighting and its really driving me nuts.I need to find some money and move out and focus on my health.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.