/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a mental breakdown/fit of rage....

Mustafa16
10-10-2016, 04:40 AM
I have autism, and often have meltdowns....I feel like I'm about to have one, and I had some characteristics of one.....I got very angry at the fact that my cousin serra had not called me in months, and the idea that no girl will ever love me.....so I started beating up my pillows (pretending they were girls), "choking" my pillow, beating up my bed, slamming my fists against my beds wooden board, threw the pillow across the room (pretending it was a girl), pretending to shoot people with my hand in the way children do.....and started to go through psychosis.......I also started to wonder if I had taken my medication, because many of my symptoms (i.e. psychosis, paranoia) were signs I hadn't, but then I remembered that I did.....I also fell into despair......it all started when I pretended I could communicate with my cousin by entering her dreams, and when I started to realize that that was scientifically impossible, I went berserk.....I feel very angry, and I just need to calm down......If you want to criticize me, please save it for later, and throw all you can at me, but right now, I just need to calm down.....it is past midnight where I live.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
10-10-2016, 05:24 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa16;

You just seem to have so many struggles in your life, but you can overcome them. You do not have to believe me, you have to believe in yourself, and trust in Allah, that you are a very special part of his creation.

The person who angers you controls you, they could be a thousand miles away, but they make you do things you do not want to do, they have a remote control that controls your mind. Here is an old Indian story about anger, Inside everyone of us are two wolves that are always fighting, one is a kind and caring wolf, the other wolf is angry and destructive. You have to ask yourself which of my wolves wins the fight, and the answer is, the one I CHOOSE to feed. The more you feed the kind wolf, the stronger it becomes. Where do you want to be in ten years, the choice should be yours, you are a very special person chosen by Allah.

You are the only person who should control what goes on in your head. Pray that your cousin Serra will be blessed, pray that she might have eternal salvation, pray for all those who anger you, pray that they will be blessed.

May you and your family be blessed and find peace.

Eric

cooterhein
10-10-2016, 06:01 AM
Autism is a spectrum, sometimes it seems like every autistic person is just a bit different from the next, and it's a tough thing to deal with. One of the things that tends to be a constant, though, is that managing your life and having really successful treatment isn't exclusively about medication. That can help a lot, yeah, and it's possible that you might need to take a look at that. You are still within a phase of physical development where a lot is happening within the brain, especially the prefrontal cortex. (I understand that a lot of other development is pretty well set, but there's a lot that continues to happen that's not immediately visible). So an adjustment there is very possible, maybe even predictable.

But there's all sorts of other things that go into this too, besides just the medication. Talking to a professional on a regular basis would be really helpful, hopefully you've been able to do some of that, and then there's certain activities and particular ways of engaging in relationships that can be incredibly beneficial to you and your mental state. If the person on the other end of it really knows what they're doing and has a particular set of strategies, these kinds of relationships can be incredibly helpful. A lot of what's happening very likely has to do with situations where one part of your brain needs to talk to another part of your brain, and those lines of communication are being disrupted. It doesn't feel good at all, it's quite disconcerting. Certain parts of the brain wind up being overly active while others are relatively inactive. This isn't repaired strictly with drugs, although that can help, a lot of it comes down to learned patterns of thinking and through particular ways of interacting with people relationally.

Now, what I'm describing here is not in any way a romantic kind of relationship. I want to stress that. You are fixating on that a bit (for reasons that are totally understandable) and I'm sure that would be quite nice, but it's not the best kind of specific answer to what you're going through. That can actually complicate a strategy that would otherwise be more effective. Again, I'm sure that will be a very nice thing to go along with everything else, but what I'm trying to describe to you is a set of potentially beneficial things you could have in your life that are not romantic in nature. Talking to a professional, more interactive therapy that involves doing a lot more than sitting in a chair and talking, some sort of non-romantic friendship with someone who's been helped along with strategies that can help you along. This is the sort of thing that can be done along with whatever else you're doing in order to help you through this in the medium to long term.

What I really want to stress, one more time, is that a romantic relationship is not a specific solution to what you have going on. It's a nice thing, and it will always be that, won't it? But let's not fixate on it too much, because there are some other things that you can talk to your people about, inquire into, and start exploring that can be much more specific solutions for you.

piXie
10-10-2016, 10:28 PM
:salamext:

Whether it's autism or not, you would benefit a lot from ruqya and Islamic treatment. May Allah make it easy for you and help you to overcome this. Aameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SHO
10-11-2016, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:salamext:

Whether it's autism or not, you would benefit a lot from ruqya and Islamic treatment. May Allah make it easy for you and help you to overcome this. Aameen
Wa AlaykumusSalam sister,
Can you please tell me what is Ruqya?
I spotted that word in many places but didn't understand its meaning.
As far as I observed,it looks like something related to sihr.Am I right?

piXie
10-11-2016, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHO
Wa AlaykumusSalam sister,
Can you please tell me what is Ruqya?
I spotted that word in many places but didn't understand its meaning.
As far as I observed,it looks like something related to sihr.Am I right?
It is reciting the Holy Quran and authentic supplications with the intention for protection, healing, and being cured. It can be done for treating sihr and all illnesses and problems as the Quran is a healing not only for spiritual diseases but also physical ones.

Our lives, health, sustenance and many other blessings are restricted because of our disobedience to Allah and the lack of Quran in our lives. The majority of us have abandoned the sunnah. We have abandoned seeking Islamic knowledge and we have abandoned treatments from the Quran sunnah including the prophetic medicine. We have abandoned our morning and evening supplications which are a fortress. Our homes and what we have in them, our bodies and what we put in them, are a thriving environment for the shayateen and a constant invitation for them to come in. We are on a trial in this life, and there is so much harm out there, yet we are so oblivious and negligent. May Allah help us to get back on track. Aameen.

Serinity
10-11-2016, 03:20 PM
:salam:

girls are your source of anger. try to not think much of girls. it is not girls that are the problem, but it is one of shaytaans tricks, I think.

thinking too much of girls, and you are letting them take control over you. Just forget them. Forget girls, and take another hobby.

I am severely tested with bad thoughts and shirky thoughts. Soo bad my grades started dropping. No use thinking too much, no use being frustrated. Just do your prayers, what you can, and focus on school.

you need sleep! your mind needs rest! So does mine. you think too much, have it sleep, and stop thinking of girls. Start doing something YOU like. Cuz the thoughts of girls are a source of pain. Thinking of girls like you do now, is NOT what you like, it is not productive, etc. Shaytaan likes to see you like this. you dont.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.