/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Fer.jun
10-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Assalam Aleikum dear sisters and brothers. I am a convert from germany and here to get to know others, converts and by-born-muslims who can help me getting deeper into the religion and/or just become friends :) I converted last year during Ramadan and still have plenty of difficulties of practicing, for I was my whole life without any religion, so I never learned about rites and how to include them to your daily life. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to this community and hoping to find some people who like to share their views and advises! Thanks to all of you already!

Insha Allah I will read from you soon!

Junainah [emoji2][emoji4]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
10-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Hello and welcome to IslamicBoard. We hope you will enjoy a beneficial stay on board.

Please activate your account by clicking on the activation link sent to your email. You will then be able to post freely without having a moderator approve them.

drac16
10-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Wa alaykum salam

I also was not raised to be religious. We're glad to have you here.

anatolian
10-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Aleykum Salam

I hope you benefit here a lot.

I have been to Germany a few times..It is a beautiful country really.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
10-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Wa'aleikum a'salaam! Welcome to the board, and enjoy your stay!

aaj
10-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

welcome to the forum sister, may it prove beneficial for you inshallah.

There are lot of resources we can share specific to your needs, inshallah let us know where you are having difficulty and need help in. Have you learned to pray or memorized what needs to be said in the prayer yet? or something else you think you need more information on ?

We're happy to have you :)

Fer.jun
10-11-2016, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

welcome to the forum sister, may it prove beneficial for you inshallah.

There are lot of resources we can share specific to your needs, inshallah let us know where you are having difficulty and need help in. Have you learned to pray or memorized what needs to be said in the prayer yet? or something else you think you need more information on ?

We're happy to have you :)
Thank you a lot for your reply!

Well I do have some difficulties, I know how to pray and I also have written down a few things about what to say during the prayer, just need to practice more. I didn't grow up with any religion so I never learned any rites which makes it hard for me ro include Islam in my daily to daily life but I am trying a lot to become better every day.

Some points I could really need some help with is actually the following: What do I say in which situation? I hear people saying a lot of phrases which they included to their daily vocabulary, like Mashallah, Alhamdulliha, Allahfiz and many more. I know the meaning of some but I do not know when to use them and I would like my language to be more fluent with those phrases.

Also a point which I am wondering for really long time now: Hijab. Do I have to wear it or not? I have to admit, while praying I am absolutely fine, but if I was to wear it the whole day I wouldn't feel comfortable. Sometimes I see other sisters and I feel like they are so beautiful with their Hijab, whenever I try putting it on apart from praying I feel weird not its as if it just doesnt fit. I would arrange it for an hour or longer without ever feeling good. I am trying again and again and I just do not feel like its me.

Thanks already for any reply, I am really greatful for welcoming me. That was by the way also one reason pf converting last year. Within the community I felt welcomed and accepted and it is all on a sudden like a big family, as if you know each other, without actually knowing knowing each other... an amazing feeling which I am so glad to experience!

*charisma*
10-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Fer.jun
Some points I could really need some help with is actually the following: What do I say in which situation? I hear people saying a lot of phrases which they included to their daily vocabulary, like Mashallah, Alhamdulliha, Allahfiz and many more. I know the meaning of some but I do not know when to use them and I would like my language to be more fluent with those phrases.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on becoming a Muslimah :)

Check out this link for learning what all the phrases mean and when to say them: http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...mic-terms.html

In regards to hijaab, as muslimaahs we have to cover our hair and body. If the hijaab is too uncomfortable to wear, then try different types of fabric material, wrapping styles, and even accessories that make the hijaab easier to stay on. Take it day by day, and inshallah thing will get easier. I used to practice how to put it on a lot when I first started wearing it, and it used to look terrible at first, but then I got the hang of it and now I don't even need a mirror to wrap it up :p.

Little_Lion
10-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Watch videos on youtube as to how to wear a hijab. You'll find tons of different ideas, many of which are very simple and some are more complex but the end result is wonderful. My main advice would be first get a hair cap . . . you'll find these referred to in videos as ninja caps, but you'll find them under different names on websites and such that sell hijab. They go underneath the hijab and fit tight to the skull and make it so you can pin your hijab to it so it does not slip. Me, I can't wrap a hijab to save my life so I just invested in several caps. :embarrass

muslim brother
10-16-2016, 01:30 PM
:wa:

greenhill
10-16-2016, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see new members joining and introduce themselves in some detail. Reverts too!

This is a good place to be. You get what you put in. You reap what you sow, by the Grace of Allah.

Do browse through the archives and post your question...

See you around?

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!