/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I participate in a giveaway?

Serinity
10-11-2016, 07:42 PM
:salam:

I wanted to ask, whether I could?

I am worried because, I THINK it is haram:

1. Is participating in Giveaways haram - if NO. Is it if the giveaway is celebrating a certain year, and mentioning the cartoonists and "the pictures"of the Prophet Muhammad :saws1: ?

I can win a beast gaming PC.

BTW, IF it is haram, is it haram for me to buy from that website because of what they mentioned (they made a quick mention of it)

They are celebrating how many years they were in the business. I am worried cuz they mentioned The Prophet Muhammad :saws1: like that.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-11-2016, 07:47 PM
depends... how beastly is the PC? :D

(pay no attn to me right now, too much coffee)

Scimi

Serinity
10-11-2016, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
depends... how beastly is the PC? :D

(pay no attn to me right now, too much coffee)

Scimi
From the screenshot, I can see a beefy GTX 1080. nothing else. :D It must have a good CPU / processor tho. Ram sticks etc...... Idk tho. But they say it is around $2300 USD.

The best equivalent I could find had a GTX 1070 with i7-6800K but a bad cooler (stock intel cooler, not made for overclock, I assume)

Allahu alam.

Scimitar
10-11-2016, 07:55 PM
I still think mines is beastlier. :D but its not for gaming. More rendering 3D compositions.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
10-11-2016, 07:58 PM
I still think mines is beastlier. :D but its not for gaming. More rendering 3D compositions.

Scimi
I see, you must have a beefy CPU then, since yours (I assume) is workstation-oriented. Or perhaps you have them Titan XPs for 3D rendering.. :D

Little_Lion
10-11-2016, 07:59 PM

Scimi
Oooh, I'd very much like to see your renderings at some time, brother. My husband was a Blender fanatic.

Serinity
10-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Is 3D rendering like CGI with greenscreen, etc?

Anyways, In shaa' Allah someone can answer my question in my first post (OP).

1. Is it haram to participate in a giveaway - if no. Is it if they mentioned The "drawings" of the Prophet :saws1: ?

2. Would it be haram for me to buy from there from now on because of what they mentioned?

aamirsaab
10-11-2016, 09:44 PM
No to both.

Giveaways are fun. Especially when you win.

My auntie entered about 3 million free giveaways. And won at least 5 times - sick!

Scimitar
10-11-2016, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
No to both.

Giveaways are fun. Especially when you win.

My auntie entered about 3 million free giveaways. And won at least 5 times - sick!
:D

that did not fly over my head space lol

Scimi

Scimitar
10-11-2016, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Oooh, I'd very much like to see your renderings at some time, brother. My husband was a Blender fanatic.
most peeps will see fruits and veggies come to mind :D and thank you... I dont have any work to share atm - but in sha Allah soon.

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Is 3D rendering like CGI with greenscreen, etc?
exactly.

Learnt how to do it, then wondered what to do next :D suffering a block, although calling it sufferring is overkill - i enjoy the "Block"... let's old ideas become - old and new ones, surface.

That's what I hope anyway ;)

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.