PDA

View Full Version : Please complete my questionnaire!



mickib
10-12-2016, 11:47 PM
Hello! I am doing a research paper on the belief system of Islam, and part of my requirements is to give out a questionnaire in order to receive additional information. While I have received answers from the physical copies I handed out, the information is not sufficient where clarity and content are concerned. Well, here it is. Thank you in advance for your time :)


Gender
Male  Female 


Age
Under 18  18-30  31-50  Over 50 






1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Sunnis  Shi’ite  Other  Don’t know 


2. Were you born into your religion?
Yes  No 


a) If not, why did you convert?


b) How long have you been a member?


3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 


a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?


4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 


a) Give a reason for your answer


5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?

a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?


6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?


a) How do they affect your life?


7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid


Risalah


Akhira


8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God


Oneness of Mankind


Oneness of the Message


9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
a) If yes, how would one be punished?

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?


12. What is your concept of life?


a) What do you think will happen after death?




13. What do you believe about your supreme being?


14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
Give a reason for your answer


15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
a) Give a reason for your answer


16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  No
a) Give a reason for your answer




17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?


18. What will happen on judgement day?


19. What makes Islam different from other religions?


a) What makes it similar?


Seriously, thank you so much for your time. If you answered ALL the questions, then you're more than awesome. Thank you :)

EDIT

I wish to say a BIG thank you to all my respondents for their clear and imformative replies. I now have enough information to continue with my project. You have all been so polite and wonderful, and I'm glad that I came to this forum for help :) Thank you!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
10-13-2016, 12:21 AM
Gender
Male  Female X


Age
Under 18  18-30  31-50 X Over 50 






1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Sunnis X Shi’ite  Other  Don’t know 


2. Were you born into your religion?
Yes  No X


a) If not, why did you convert?

Because in studying Islam anticipating a move to the Middle East, I decided it was the True Way.


b) How long have you been a member?

About 3 or 4 years


3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 


a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?

We must pray 5 times a day, which means waking up very early in the morning (right now it is 6 AM, but it is earlier in the summer) and organizing your life around the prayer. In the month of Ramadan, we fast for the entire month so our eating is limited to between sunset and sunrise, which also affects our whole lives.


4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 


a) Give a reason for your answer

In Islam, one must always be conscious of Allah, so everything we do, we keep Him in mind and always try to please Him.


5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?

That Allah is One without partners, that Muhammad was the final Messenger of Allah, that Allah is the Supreme Creator (and many, many other things)

a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?

I cannot pick just one, because there is so much that is integral to this faith that to leave one out is to belittle it.


6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?

The Shahada, the Sallah, the Zakat, the Sawm, and the Hajj


a) How do they affect your life?

The Shahada is what brings us into Islam and we repeat it every day in our prayers. The Sallah (prayer) is what we live our lives around. Zakat I will admit does not affect me as I do not have wealth that sits for a year that I have to make zakat on, but I try to give charity throughout the year in other ways. The Sawm (fast) during Ramadan is something that throws your life (or at least my life) completely upside down in the most wonderful and spiritual of ways. I cannot go on Hajj because a woman needs a mahram (a related male) to go with her and I do not have one.


7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid - Tawhid is the Oneness of Allah, that He is Alone Without Partners, that His Names and Attributes are incomparable and unique, and Allah is alone in the right to be worshiped


Risalah - The Message, and the way of communication between Allah and Mankind by way of His Messengers and Prophets


Akhira - what comes after we die, and what comes after the Last Judgement. The afterlife.


8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God - Allah is One without partners, and He alone has the right to be worshiped. Allah is alone and is not a part of His creation, nor is His creation a part of Him.


Oneness of Mankind - Mankind is one creation, and no party of man is better than another other than through righteousness.


Oneness of the Message - All of Allah's messengers came with the same message - that there is no God but Allah.


9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely  Yes X No  Not really  Not sure  But I am not perfect. :)
10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
a) If yes, how would one be punished?

One can be punished by Allah in this life, or in the afterlife. In areas where Shari'ia law is the law of the land, one might also be punished by people.

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?

By reading books and watching lectures on Youtube, and also by watching Peace TV and GuideUS TV.


12. What is your concept of life?

Life is a gift and a test from Allah to see if we are worthy of Jannah (Heaven)


a) What do you think will happen after death?

After we go to the grave, we await Judgement Day, where we will be called to account for our lives. If we lived righteous lives, our Book of Deeds will be handed to us in our right hand in front of us, and if we were sinners, our Book of Deeds will be handed to us in our left hands behind our backs. If we were righteous, we go to Jannah, if we were sinners, and did not repent, we go to Jahannam (Hell)


13. What do you believe about your supreme being?

That He loves His creation, and that we were created to worship Him. I could write a book about all of his attributes, but others have already done so. :)


14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
Give a reason for your answer

There is only one God, and Allah is the same God as the God of the Christians and the Jews. Unfortunately their ancestors distorted the Message brought by the messengers and prophets and thus they do not worship the same way we do. As a general rule.


15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
Absolutely  Yes  No X Not really  Not sure 
a) Give a reason for your answer

Allah is my Creator, but He is not my father. Fatherhood implies a mother, and Allah has no partners. To create, all He has to say is "Be", and it is. My father's name is Ken. :)

16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  No
a) Give a reason for your answer

Muhammad (pbuh) was the final Messenger and Prophet of Allah. It is his words, along with the words of Allah, that have been preserved as the final revelation for all mankind.



17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?

Adultery, drinking alcohol, smoking (as I sit here admittedly with a cigarette), but the BIG one is worshiping other than Allah.


18. What will happen on judgement day?

People write whole books on this subject. But a very, VERY brief overview is that the earth will be wiped clean, and all - living and dead - will be called to account for their actions. Those deserving will be sent to Heaven, and those not deserving will be sent to the Hellfire.


19. What makes Islam different from other religions?

It is the only religion where the Revelation from Allah has been UNCHANGED since it was revealed, and His Message has been passed down untainted, so we know exactly what we must do to please Allah.


a) What makes it similar?

Many other religions worship the same God, but in different ways.



I hope this was helpful, insha'Allah!
Reply

mickib
10-13-2016, 12:33 AM
Thank you SO much for a polite, accurate response!:love:
Reply

Little_Lion
10-13-2016, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by mickib
Thank you SO much for a polite, accurate response!:love:

So happy to help! Just be aware that this is traditionally a fairly quiet time for the board - many of our members are in the UK and eastern countries and are asleep - so expect more responses to come in overnight and early tomorrow, insha'Allah. :)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
greenhill
10-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Gender
Male  Female 


Age
31-50 



1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Sunnis 


2. Were you born into your religion?
Yes 


a) If not, why did you convert? n/a


b) How long have you been a member?
Here? since April 2013


3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely  Yes 


a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?
A bit deeper to explain.. Definitely prayer times (5 times a day), the weekly Friday prayers just after noon and during the fasting month of ramadhan. But the entire outlook on life with regards to beng patient, forgiving, and not saying things in vain etc, should be a guidance for me in my daily conduct.. but sometimes, it does get hard going against the flow that has regulated the world we live in.


4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely  Yes

a) Give a reason for your answer
It should. It is a way of life. Hard to fully grasp when we are educated differently.

5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?
It is reflected in our pillars of beliefs and articles of faith like, there is only One God (Allah) He is the the One that sent down all the previous Books (for Moses, Davis, Jesus an Muhammad (peace be upon them all), believing in Judgment Day, His angels the unseen etc.


a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?
Allah is the only God and that Muhammad is is final messenger


6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?
I think this will be answered already


a) How do they affect your life?
By keeping me constantly reminded of my daily duties


7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid - is understanding Allah


Risalah -


Akhira - the place after life


8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God - Only One God, not two or three.. His 99 names describes Him for us.


Oneness of Mankind - Not sure what you mean


Oneness of the Message - Again not sure what you mean. Perhaps, that all the messages tells us to worship Allah and do be a good human being?


9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely  Yes (better to say I strive to do so, but it is a challenge)


10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?

Absolutely  Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
a) If yes, how would one be punished?
As much as I believe this, in the end, only Allah knows our intentions, and punishment and rewards are His domain and not ours to speculate

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?

classes and general interaction, reading


12. What is your concept of life?
That we will be tested. We have to seek the truth.In essence, we are accountable or our actions


a) What do you think will happen after death?
I pray Allah will have mercy on my soul. I will be called to account for my deeds.




13. What do you believe about your supreme being?
He exists and Mighty Powerful. I cannot fully grasp His Mightiness


14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Absolutely  Yes
Give a reason for your answer - unfortunately, Christianity and Judaism believes the messages are separate and not from the same God?


15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
No 
a) Give a reason for your answer

He beget nor begotten. So if He tells us that, leave it as that. Not heavenly father. Just plain Lord!


16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Absolutely 
a) Give a reason for your answer

He is sent as a guide to all humanity. Without him there will be no guide. That is how important. In addition, he was a great example. (read about him perhaps you will understand)



17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?
Against Allah (His commandments)
Against your parents (and others)
Against Allah's creation

Being Back biters and mischief makers
Oppressors
Not charitable and arrogance
Lying and deceit (can't remember one or two more)


18. What will happen on judgement day?
You will be called and questioned on yor faith and then
You will be called to account for your deeds


19. What makes Islam different from other religions?
Tauhid!


a) What makes it similar?
Believing in a Supernatural Being as being Supreme


That is all that I can do for now..



All the best


:peace:
Reply

Al - Waris
10-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Gender
Male


Age
18-30





1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Other


2. Were you born into your religion?
Yes


b) How long have you been a member?
couple years.. 2 a half i gues..

3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely


a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?
i am more piecefull mind i guess..


4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely


a) Give a reason for your answer
Coz, i found that if im not doing salah.. all bad mind and feeling croos over my mind.. so i guess it really efected me.

5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?
Salah ?
a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?
Believe in Allah N His Messengers.. i cant describe why.. :statisfie

6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?
-Syahadah
-Salah
-Zakat
-Shawm
-HAjj

a) How do they affect your life?
4 of them. but not Hajj.. iam poor Indonesian boy.. how they effect me ?? i dont know which one,, but i feel beter call my self as moeslim..

7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid


Risalah


Akhira

im not brave enough to describe them.. as my own define.. ?
8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God


Oneness of Mankind


Oneness of the Message

have knnow idea..
9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Not really
10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?
Not sure
a) If yes, how would one be punished?
Not my right to know such as thing abut that.. Allah is the most forgiving..

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?
its just the most make sense of anything else that my five sense been told me ?


12. What is your concept of life?


a) What do you think will happen after death?

Life is just a test.. Love of human atraction toward other human is JUST nafs.. i know it coz i hve mental illnes as gay..


13. What do you believe about your supreme being?
Yes..

14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Not sur
Give a reason for your answer
i dont know about Christianity and Judaism? but what i know Allah is Lord of all creation..

15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
Absolutely
a) Give a reason for your answer

Sure,,, if itis allowed..
16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Yes
a) Give a reason for your answer

im not gona say "absolutly" coz i dont know a lot of thing about Him..


17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?
Thinking about other boys or men all the time.. and mastrubate coz i cant controled my sexual desire ?

18. What will happen on judgement day?
Only Allah who knows such as thing.. iam just human..

19. What makes Islam different from other religions?


a) What makes it similar?
it has authentic source.. ?


Seriously, thank you so much for your time. If you answered ALL the questions, then you're more than awesome. Thank you :)[/QUOTE]
Reply

sister herb
10-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Gender
Female 


Age
31-50


1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Sunnis

2. Were you born into your religion?
No 


a) If not, why did you convert?
I found out that Islam is the truth and the most beautiful way of life

b) How long have you been a member?
Member in Islam? 21 years

3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely

a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?
Islam is a way of life. As the praying times are daily duty, it´s needed to keep watch I have time for them and I am in suitable places for praying (not a middle of Super market for example). Also I keep in mind what Islam teaches in several situations in life like meeting other people, specially from opposite gender.

4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely 

a) Give a reason for your answer
Islam has made me more tolerant and empathic.

5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?
Allah is one, we all are His creations. Meaning of life is worship Allah and follow the teachings of Islam.

a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?
Onesess of Allah. It´s the basic idea of Islam.

6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?
Testimony of faith (Shahada), praying (Salah), charity (Zakat), fasting, pilgrimage (Hajj)

a) How do they affect your life?
They help me to try to be better and better Muslim (and person) every day.

7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid

The God is one. Onesess of Allah.

Risalah

The channel betweem Allah and people.


Akhira

The afterlife

8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God

Surah al-Ikhlas (112) - "Say: He is Allah (who is) One..."

Oneness of Mankind

All people born as Muslims, their life and circumtancies of life may separate them from the message of Islam. When someone reverts to Islam, he/she only returns back to Islam.

Oneness of the Message

The Quran has sended to people via many prophets before but earlier messages has changed during the times. The Quran what sended to the mankind via the prophet Muhammad is the last message.

9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely 

10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely / Yes 

This only is he/she did know all the beliefs and maliciously didn´t obey them.

a) If yes, how would one be punished?

It´s better to leave to Allah only. He knows the best. We humans can´t know what is someone´s heart. It´s a matter between human and Allah.

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?
From the books. I don´t think I know already "all".

12. What is your concept of life?

Life is a test. We thank Allah about it and try to become better Muslims.

a) What do you think will happen after death?

We will wait the Judgement Day. Good guys with good deeds goes to Jannah (Paradise), bad ones to Jahannam (Hell).

(I´ll continue later - busy now.)

-------------------


13. What do you believe about your supreme being?

Allah is the Lord of everything what has created by Him. Our duty is worship Him and obey his words.

14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Absolutely 

Give a reason for your answer

As Allah is the only God, He has to be same for all mankind.

15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
No

a) Give a reason for your answer

Seeing the God as father (or sometimes as a mother in some belief) doesn´t belongs to the Islam. I see Him without human-like characters.



16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Absolutely

a) Give a reason for your answer

He is the last prophet. All other prophets are important too.



17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?

A sin is an act what is against the will of Allah. Here are many bad habits and deeds like adultery, lying, cheating, murdering, stealing...

18. What will happen on judgement day?

Shortly to say: good guys get reward and goes to Jannah (Paradise), bad guys enter to Jahannam (Hell).

19. What makes Islam different from other religions?

Message is pure, it hasn´t changed during the times.

a) What makes it similar?

Many religions what I know have similar kind of moral codes - do not kill, do not sin, do not worship other than one God. Also, many religions teach people to make good deeds and avoid bad.

Well, I don´t know all religions of the world so comparing it has to limit to those I have some knowledge.
Reply

AabiruSabeel
10-15-2016, 10:21 AM
There's a link she has posted in her other thread: https://kwiksurveys.com/s/4BEJsW9n#/

It is much easier to fill the form on that link.
Reply

noraina
10-15-2016, 10:43 AM
I filled out the survey on the actual link you provided.

I hope it helps!
Reply

sister herb
10-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the link, but I also like to read other´s answers. I might find new ways to understand some matters from them.
Reply

noraina
10-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Here are my answers, I'll share them inshaAllah.

Gender
Female 


Age
Under 18


1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Sunnis 


2. Were you born into your religion?
Yes


3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely


a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?
Through the five daily prayers, from dawn until sunrise, and through fasting, through the way I dress and what I eat. In my conduct with my parents and friends, even strangers on the street. It affects my daily life so beautifully.


4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely 


a) Give a reason for your answer
Islam is a complete way of life, I've heard it called 'deen al-fitra' which means the natural state of man. I strive to make sure that my every actions in obedience to Allah and a way to gain His pleasure. There's a famous quote, 'Life is but a moment, so make it a moment of obedience'. That more or less sums it up.


5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?
Belief in the Oneness of Allah and the Prophethood of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the six articles of faiths, including belief in Allah, the Prophets, the Books, the Angels, the Day of Judgement and the decree of Allah.

a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?
Tawhid - the Oneness of Allah, it forms the very foundation of Islam and it is this uncompromising doctrine which really makes Islam the religion it is.


6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?
Shahdah (declaration of faith), Salah (the five daily prayers), Zakah (giving at least 2.5% of your wealth in charity annually), Sawm (fasting in Ramadan), and Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca).


a) How do they affect your life?
In every possible way. I would say their most lasting impression on me is reminding me daily, monthly or annually of my identity as a Muslim and my purpose in life which is to worship and obey Allah.


7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid
Oneness of Allah


Risalah
The channel of Prophethood


Akhira
The Afterlife

8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God
Islam's most important doctrine, this is a necessary part of faith to believe Allah alone is the One worthy of worship. This doctrine forms the first part of the Shahadah.


Oneness of Mankind
We are all created by Allah, all with the same purpose to worship Him. Before Allah we are all equal, we should all want the best for one another.


Oneness of the Message
Islam is universal in its message, it is a guidance for all nations, times and places, and will remain so till the Day of Judgement.


9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely 

10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely 

a) If yes, how would one be punished?
This is honestly between Allah and each individual person. We have the guidelines and rules given to us, if someone stands by them or not is a personal choice. Only Allah knows what is in the heart and He will reward or punish according to that.

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?
I mainly research it myself through books or programs of even forums such as this.


12. What is your concept of life?
To obey and worship Allah, be dutiful to my parents, and to become as good a person as I can possibly become.


a) What do you think will happen after death?
Allah knows this best, but what we do know is that we will be in our graves until the Day of Judgement, where we will then be resurrected and judged for even the smallest of deeds. On that basis we will either be punished or rewarded, in the most just and merciful way.




13. What do you believe about your supreme being?
That Allah is all-knowing and all-powerful, and at the same time as being completely Just He is also the Merciful and the Compassionate. He gave us guidance through the Prophets to give us the best chance at attaining Jannah (Paradise) and from then on it is up to us whether we do strive hard enough. That said, our minds are limited, His greatness can never be truly described.


14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Absolutely 

Give a reason for your answer
The original, uncorrupted messages of Jesus (as) and Moses (as) were the Oneness of Allah, in essence, we believe they preached the message of Islam to their people. Over time this pure message was corrupted, but yes in their unchanged forms the God is definitely the same.

15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
No  
a) Give a reason for your answer
In Surat al-Ikhlas, it says, 'Neither does He beget, not is He begotten'. Allah is the Creator, He created every single thing on earth and beyond, He is much more than a 'father' so to speak. We have our parents, and then we worship Allah as the Creator.


16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Absolutely 

a) Give a reason for your answer
He is the final Messenger of Allah, and the best of mankind and all of creation, even in the Qur'an we are commanded to follow his example. The hadith (his recorded narrations) are second only to the Qur'an in terms of importance.




17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?
That's a broad spectrum, but anything in disobedience to Allah and His will. Even a good deed can become a sin if done for the wrong reasons (for showing off or to gain praise). So intention is important.


18. What will happen on judgement day?
Allah knows that best. What we do know, is that we will be judged for even the smallest of deeds, and will be rewarded or punished accordingly.


19. What makes Islam different from other religions?
Its purity in its message and beliefs. From the Oneness of Allah, to His mercy and Compassion, or the words of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), down to the way it has guidelines for every aspect of life. I have yet to hear of another religion which encompasses so beautifully even the most normal actions (even eating!) and transforms them into acts of worship. They say truth stands clear from error - the truth of Islam stands out clear as day.


a) What makes it similar?
In some ways it aims to make its followers as good people as possible. In terms of Christianity and Judaism, they are known as 'People of the Book', there are many similarities as well as differences between these religions. There is some common ground for discussion, if we only looked for it.
Reply

Scimitar
10-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Why is the OP being lazy?

This school questionnaire should be conducted in his/her own home town, no?

What is the point of asking internet peeps? LOL

Scimi
Reply

noraina
10-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Scimitar
Why is the OP being lazy?

This school questionnaire should be conducted in his/her own home town, no?

What is the point of asking internet peeps? LOL

Scimi
Regardless, questionnaires are fun, don't you think?

Specially one about the core tenets of Islam, I think you can get so caught up in the details you don't pay attention to the basic foundation anymore. :D

That said, when I studied Psychology creating and designing questionnaires is a big thing, for this particular research the OP would have to take into account external variables- these can affect results. Apart from that, I was rubbish at designing my own questionnaire so I can't say anything more.
Reply

sister herb
10-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Scimitar
This school questionnaire should be conducted in his/her own home town, no?
Why?
Reply

Scimitar
10-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Because it's called "a sample test" in the science of statistics.

Internet - at any one time you'll get people from a region on earth on the web... if the thread is buried at 2 pm UK time and only revived at 1am UK time then the UK members will most likely miss the opportunity to take part - resulting in a skewed survey.

A sample test in his/her own home town will be able to better guage the Muslim demographic in that town... the web survey, is ambitious in this sense and will reflect doubtful results.

That's why

Scimi
Reply

Little_Lion
10-15-2016, 03:41 PM
But the point of the exercise might (I do not know) be to draw answers from the international community, not just a local one. Plus, there may not be many Muslims in her immediate vicinity. If I had to conduct this test in my own hometown - or anywhere within 50 miles - I would be the only one answering it. :)
Reply

greenhill
10-15-2016, 03:57 PM
That's funny @Little_Lion .


:peace:
Reply

islamirama
10-15-2016, 04:07 PM
That's one long questioner!
Reply

mickib
10-15-2016, 07:35 PM
1. While I have received answers from the physical copies I handed out, the information is not sufficient where clarity and content are concerned. The handwritings were mostly illegible, the answers were rude ("STUPID QUESTION", for example) and none of the few questionnaires I got back were completely answered. I didn't feel motivated, after going through them, to give out any more. Yes, I can also receive rude, incomplete answers through the internet....but at least I'll most likely receive MORE answers. The answers I've received so far on the web are actually much better.
2. As Little_Lion said, I do not have many Muslims in my area. Everyone is virtually a Christian unless stated otherwise.
3. My teacher recommended me to actually go out, stop Muslims on the street, and have them answer it. The length of the questionnaire didn't seem reasonable for that situation.


I can see how you would call me lazy, though. Still,if I am lazy, I rather be lazy and get results rather than work hard and get nowhere.
Reply

mickib
10-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Oh, I'm sorry! This is actually the shortest it should be.
Reply

sister herb
10-15-2016, 08:01 PM
I apologize if you got upset (as became called as lazy). We always should remember the manners here.

*takes br Scimi behind of the corner to a friendly rebuking*

Reply

mickib
10-19-2016, 12:32 AM
Nah:)
Reply

Search
10-19-2016, 12:55 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Hi, sis. Do you still need the questionnaire answered? If so, I'll attempt to answer them. :)

By the way, welcome to IB! :)

Wishing you the best in your project and everything else,

Originally Posted by mickib
Nah:)
Reply

mickib
10-19-2016, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Search
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Hi, sis. Do you still need the questionnaire answered? If so, I'll attempt to answer them. :)

By the way, welcome to IB! :)

Wishing you the best in your project and everything else,
Yes, please do! Thank you:statisfie
Reply

aaj
10-19-2016, 02:33 PM
Is there a certain quantity or limit as to how many you need to have completed?

if so, how close are you to your goal?
Reply

mickib
10-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Well, I need to have at least 15-30 questionnaires fully completed. I received 11 physical copies from Muslims from a local Mosque, and none of them were fully completed. I think one answer left out 3 questions, but the rest of his/her answers were not very helpful at all.Through this forum, I've received about 8 replies.I'm planning to begin my analysis today, as my teacher said I had enough. Still, it'd be wonderful to receive more.I also had the choice to do 2 interviews instead of the questionnaires. The questionnaires weren't compulsory. I discovered that recently. UGH.-_-
Reply

mickib
10-19-2016, 11:00 PM
The thing is, I'm lucky compared to my other classmates. One girl received only three from the many she handed out. Another hasn't received hers. Now, those questionnaires are for Christianity, which is incredibly common here. People tend to abuse the power of anonymity.
Reply

Search
10-23-2016, 03:35 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Hey, sis @mickib, did you finally receive enough questionnaires? Btw, just so you know, I had submitted my questionnaire to you on your site, the one which was linked. :)

Best wishes again with your project,
Reply

فصيح الياسين
10-23-2016, 05:13 AM
Done on ur survey
Reply

Saifu433
10-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Gender
Male  Female X


Age
Under 18  18-30  31-50 X Over 50 






1. To which group of Islam do you belong?
Sunnis X Shi’ite  Other  Don’t know 


2. Were you born into your religion?
Yes  No X


a) If not, why did you convert?

Because in studying Islam anticipating a move to the Middle East, I decided it was the True Way.


b) How long have you been a member?

About 3 or 4 years


3. Does your religion affect your daily life / schedule?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 


a) If yes, in what ways is your daily life / schedule affected?

We must pray 5 times a day, which means waking up very early in the morning (right now it is 6 AM, but it is earlier in the summer) and organizing your life around the prayer. In the month of Ramadan, we fast for the entire month so our eating is limited to between sunset and sunrise, which also affects our whole lives.


4. Would you say that your actions are influenced by your religion?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 


a) Give a reason for your answer

In Islam, one must always be conscious of Allah, so everything we do, we keep Him in mind and always try to please Him.


5. What are some of your major religious beliefs?

That Allah is One without partners, that Muhammad was the final Messenger of Allah, that Allah is the Supreme Creator (and many, many other things)

a) Which belief do you think is the most important and why?

I cannot pick just one, because there is so much that is integral to this faith that to leave one out is to belittle it.


6. What are the ‘Five Pillars of Islam’?

The Shahada, the Sallah, the Zakat, the Sawm, and the Hajj


a) How do they affect your life?

The Shahada is what brings us into Islam and we repeat it every day in our prayers. The Sallah (prayer) is what we live our lives around. Zakat I will admit does not affect me as I do not have wealth that sits for a year that I have to make zakat on, but I try to give charity throughout the year in other ways. The Sawm (fast) during Ramadan is something that throws your life (or at least my life) completely upside down in the most wonderful and spiritual of ways. I cannot go on Hajj because a woman needs a mahram (a related male) to go with her and I do not have one.


7. Say what is meant by the following:


Tauhid - Tawhid is the Oneness of Allah, that He is Alone Without Partners, that His Names and Attributes are incomparable and unique, and Allah is alone in the right to be worshiped


Risalah - The Message, and the way of communication between Allah and Mankind by way of His Messengers and Prophets


Akhira - what comes after we die, and what comes after the Last Judgement. The afterlife.


8. What is meant by the following terms:


Oneness of God - Allah is One without partners, and He alone has the right to be worshiped. Allah is alone and is not a part of His creation, nor is His creation a part of Him.


Oneness of Mankind - Mankind is one creation, and no party of man is better than another other than through righteousness.


Oneness of the Message - All of Allah's messengers came with the same message - that there is no God but Allah.


9. Do you live by all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely  Yes X No  Not really  Not sure  But I am not perfect. :)
10. Is one punished for not obeying all the beliefs of Islam?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
a) If yes, how would one be punished?

One can be punished by Allah in this life, or in the afterlife. In areas where Shari'ia law is the law of the land, one might also be punished by people.

11. How were you taught about all the beliefs of your religion?

By reading books and watching lectures on Youtube, and also by watching Peace TV and GuideUS TV.


12. What is your concept of life?

Life is a gift and a test from Allah to see if we are worthy of Jannah (Heaven)


a) What do you think will happen after death?

After we go to the grave, we await Judgement Day, where we will be called to account for our lives. If we lived righteous lives, our Book of Deeds will be handed to us in our right hand in front of us, and if we were sinners, our Book of Deeds will be handed to us in our left hands behind our backs. If we were righteous, we go to Jannah, if we were sinners, and did not repent, we go to Jahannam (Hell)


13. What do you believe about your supreme being?

That He loves His creation, and that we were created to worship Him. I could write a book about all of his attributes, but others have already done so. :)


14. Would you consider Allah to be the same God as the God in Christianity and Judaism?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  Not sure 
Give a reason for your answer

There is only one God, and Allah is the same God as the God of the Christians and the Jews. Unfortunately their ancestors distorted the Message brought by the messengers and prophets and thus they do not worship the same way we do. As a general rule.


15. Would you refer to Allah as your heavenly father?
Absolutely  Yes  No X Not really  Not sure 
a) Give a reason for your answer

Allah is my Creator, but He is not my father. Fatherhood implies a mother, and Allah has no partners. To create, all He has to say is "Be", and it is. My father's name is Ken. :)

16. Is Muhammad an important figure in your religion?
Absolutely X Yes  No  Not really  No
a) Give a reason for your answer

Muhammad (pbuh) was the final Messenger and Prophet of Allah. It is his words, along with the words of Allah, that have been preserved as the final revelation for all mankind.



17. What bad deeds do you refer to as sins?

Adultery, drinking alcohol, smoking (as I sit here admittedly with a cigarette), but the BIG one is worshiping other than Allah.


18. What will happen on judgement day?

People write whole books on this subject. But a very, VERY brief overview is that the earth will be wiped clean, and all - living and dead - will be called to account for their actions. Those deserving will be sent to Heaven, and those not deserving will be sent to the Hellfire.


19. What makes Islam different from other religions?

It is the only religion where the Revelation from Allah has been UNCHANGED since it was revealed, and His Message has been passed down untainted, so we know exactly what we must do to please Allah.


a) What makes it similar?

Many other religions worship the same God, but in different ways.



I hope this was helpful, insha'Allah!
Masha Allah .. well answered
Reply

mickib
10-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
Done on ur survey
Thank you so much!:statisfie
Reply

mickib
10-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Search
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Hey, sis @mickib, did you finally receive enough questionnaires? Btw, just so you know, I had submitted my questionnaire to you on your site, the one which was linked. :)

Best wishes again with your project,
Thank you! Yes, I have enough responses now. :statisfie
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2015, 10:27 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 10:09 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 06:05 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!