/* */

PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION: Donald Trump in the Elections

Search
10-16-2016, 05:44 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

I am just amazed with some Americans' mentality.

We have a shouty man as a presidential nominee that in accordance with his own words has engaged in "locker room talk" which comprised of a boast specific to sexually assaulting women, and there are Americans from all walks of life that are defending him and defending him as if it will be an existential crisis if he's not elected and as if that simply doesn't matter. Does the presidential nominee not have to have some kind of moral fiber on which the public can count?

And Donald Trump seems to have amassed in his "basket of deplorables" a type of army that is willing to believe anything he says including that the election is "rigged" and support him no matter what. Does a certain type of celebrity worship the figure of Donald Trump presents mean that the public can feel free to live in an alternate reality? And really, do they hate half of the America that is Liberal Left or Independent and supporting Hillary Clinton or do they hate Hillary Clinton herself so much?

I'm trying to understand these people, but I honestly can't begin to "get into" the recesses of mind that thinks things like that boasting about sexual assault doesn't matter, especially as the same group of people like to talk about Bill Clinton's moral deviance when Bill Clinton isn't even running for president.

Politico did a truth-o-meter side-by-side comparison of Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump and it was found that Donald Trump has engaged in presenting or engaging in falsehoods far more than Hillary Clinton. That still doesn't matter apparently because Donald Trump will "build a wall" to keep out Mexicans, get out of NATO, implement a secret plan to take out ISIS which is his brainchild, jail Hillary Clinton as she's a "liar", bring back jobs, not prioritize climate change as it is a "hoax", and ban Muslims and in doing all of this "make America great again." And he will do all of this while continuing to climb the ladder of notoriety in insulting any number of different persons who try to get into his pathway.

I'm just gobsmacked. This is our presidential nominee? *shudders*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
10-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Greetings,

It's a deeply sad state of affairs. It's very hard to believe that the level of debate in US politics has reached a point as low as this.

I saw a BBC article the other day entitled 'Muslims for and against Trump'. I was very surprised by the idea that any Muslims would support Trump. I wonder if there are any Trump supporters here?

Peace

Al Sultan
10-16-2016, 06:26 PM
Are you trying to trigger us?....

Search
10-16-2016, 06:58 PM

Lol, yes, there is one on IB that I know of though he was a two- or three-post wonder in that he deliberately disappeared after posting what I felt was a clear indication that he would be voting for Trump. I think he equated Daesh declaring a global caliphate with Islam and Muslims and believed we're all somehow secretly plotting to take over the world; and I wouldn't be surprised if some "guests" (i.e. lurkers) are also supporters of Trump. That said, he was a non-Muslim and I'm assuming Republican.

And hey, if the Trump camp is to be believed, he has "hidden" supporters who are too ashamed to be publicly saying that they support him but come election time will vote enthusiastically for him and show who's boss.

I did once listen to a Republican Muslim woman say when Trump hadn't been saying bad things about Muslims that she supports him and then in another interview vacillated and then in another interview changed her mind. But I did listen to a Muslim man on the Republican convention stage, a stage on which Donald Trump became the presumptive nominee, asking American Muslims to vote for Trump because he's going to do best by our country.

Hey, can you link me to the BBC article?

I've been trying to keep up with the nonsense that keeps happening with specific to Trump saying ridiculous things, and it's like a train wreck; I mean the latest he's said is Hillary Clinton should be drug tested because she'd been too "pumped up" on the stage and soon subsequently deflated which is supposed to be an indication of I-don't-know-what but something of import in Trump's mind? He's like a "gift" that keeps on giving. His supporters are frankly also like him a little unhinged, and they keep on proving it; I honestly believe that Trump can be arrested on a murder charge right now and his supporters will still blame all of this on a conspiracy and a "rigged" election with the liberal left out to get the Great Donald Trump as he's only trying to "make America great again."

However, what can we really say of the insane sane people?

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

It's a deeply sad state of affairs. It's very hard to believe that the level of debate in US politics has reached a point as low as this.

I saw a BBC article the other day entitled 'Muslims for and against Trump'. I was very surprised by the idea that any Muslims would support Trump. I wonder if there are any Trump supporters here?

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
10-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Search
Hey, can you link me to the BBC article?
It was just a short video in fact. I searched for it and I think the title has been changed. This looks like it's the same video:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37639567

Peace

Little_Lion
10-17-2016, 01:04 AM
Yusuf Estes did a call-in talk show for several nights this week about the election, and one of the callers, evidently a devout Muslim from the sound of him (his Arabic was impeccable, but he did not have an Arabic accent so I take that to be someone who has at least studied quite a bit) said, to paraphrase, that he was voting for Trump because Trump was the most likely to bring Shari'ia law back to America.

My head still hurts from hitting it on my desk.

I'll come right out and say I am voting for Hillary (yes, I know it is considered to be haram to vote, but I think in a case against Trump that we are justified in doing what we can to keep him out of office) but NOT because I like Hillary . . . I am very opposed to her stance on Middle East relations, for example, but at least she has a strong stance and not just hate-filled words; that tells me that she is, if nothing else, a person who thinks, and a person who thinks can be reasoned with. She's shown that, although she won't admit it and says that her positions don't change, that she can and does change her mind. Perhaps someone can change her mind on her positions on fighting our Muslim brothers and sisters.

I do wish Bernie were still an option, but we do not have "write in"s in South Dakota. :cry:

Search
10-17-2016, 01:12 AM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Yup, I'm gearing to vote for Hillary Clinton too if I can get my absentee ballot sent out to me sooner than later; and I'm in a "swing" state and I'm hoping it will swing towards Hillary Clinton.
But yeah, it's mind-boggling the kind of people whom Trump has been able to inspire to vote for him. :exhausted

He's such a freakin' demagogue that I can't believe people don't see him for what it is; I bet people internationally are laughing at us. And Putin, the dear darling he is, is trying to tell us how bad Hillary Clinton is and how we should as Americans want to see Donald Trump in Oval Office if we want to avoid WWIII. The world's mad, I tell you. Mad!

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Yusuf Estes did a call-in talk show for several nights this week about the election, and one of the callers, evidently a devout Muslim from the sound of him (his Arabic was impeccable, but he did not have an Arabic accent so I take that to be someone who has at least studied quite a bit) said, to paraphrase, that he was voting for Trump because Trump was the most likely to bring Shari'ia law back to America.

My head still hurts from hitting it on my desk.

I'll come right out and say I am voting for Hillary (yes, I know it is considered to be haram to vote, but I think in a case against Trump that we are justified in doing what we can to keep him out of office) but NOT because I like Hillary . . . I am very opposed to her stance on Middle East relations, for example, but at least she has a strong stance and not just hate-filled words; that tells me that she is, if nothing else, a person who thinks, and a person who thinks can be reasoned with. She's shown that, although she won't admit it and says that her positions don't change, that she can and does change her mind. Perhaps someone can change her mind on her positions on fighting our Muslim brothers and sisters.

I do wish Bernie were still an option, but we do not have "write in"s in South Dakota. :cry:

Little_Lion
10-18-2016, 03:53 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5745&ampstc1 -

Can anyone verify for sure what this says? I know what it is SUPPOSED to say, but I want to be sure what I read was accurate (if it is, it's pretty funny.)

kritikvernunft
10-18-2016, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
And Donald Trump seems to have amassed in his "basket of deplorables" a type of army that is willing to believe anything he says including that the election is "rigged" and support him no matter what.
From an anti-Statist point of view, it was a very regrettable thing that Obama gave a credibility boost to a system that does not deserve one. That is why we barely made progress during Obama's two terms.

It is hard to convince the populace that the problems are not just related to the personality of someone like Trump, but that it is a systemic problem, an accident waiting to happen. There was absolutely nothing special whatsoever about Hitler winning the elections in Germany and coming to power. It is an absolutely natural and computable outcome of that kind of system.

You see, it is like with the credit card system. With one, single credit card number acting as private key, public key, and signature, 3-in-1, you can easily prove on paper that it will crash and burn under growing fraud. No amount of fraud monitoring can save that system from its ultimate collapse. If a system leaves the door open for people to collect a payoff by ripping off the other players, what do you think that they will be doing?

Like Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump is simply the true face of the "democracy" voting circus. The basket of deplorables believe that they would benefit from an Trump-inspired upheaval, even though they know, or should know, that they will always be its first victims.

It took a while before it dawned upon the Nazi Germans that the Allied bombing raids were unstoppable, and that the Russian Red Army were thoroughly organizing a spectacular rape fest on conquered German territory. So, in a last round of their voting circus, these born losers made their last deplorable choice: Better to have a Russian on your belly than an American over your head.

Look, it is the God-given right of the false idols, that these pagans worship, to demand human sacrifice from their own believers, and to eat their flesh and drink their blood. We have no right to prevent that. Let the pagans receive what they have asked for.

Hafiz Ikram
10-18-2016, 07:27 AM
Trump is the most disgusting presidential candidate in American history. If he has issued so controversial and perverted statements before the elections, I wonder what would he do if is elected as the president.

Karl
10-18-2016, 10:12 PM
All I can say is how can any Muslim vote for these kuffar anyway? If you vote for Clinton, she will just carry on bombing Muslims for Israel and Trump will do the same. This is just a circus. The Zionist war machine will just keep on grinding on assimilating or slaughtering Muslims and people of other faiths that do not bend to their will.

Delete.
10-18-2016, 10:15 PM
May Allah grant all the Muslims the opportunity and means to do Hijrah...

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-18-2016, 10:16 PM
It says, "He is not able to read this, but he is still scared of it."

Karl
10-18-2016, 10:18 PM
On a lighter note, Trump is entertaining and Hillary is boring. If I was an American idiot, I would vote for Trump. The guy is funny.

hisnameiszzz
10-19-2016, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
On a lighter note, Trump is entertaining and Hillary is boring. If I was an American idiot, I would vote for Trump. The guy is funny.
Have you seen any of his Celebrity Apprentice shows? The guy is ridiculous. He sits there and gets the fame hungry Z list stars to worship him and tell him how fabulous he is. He has such a huge ego. His children look and act like robots too. They smile on queue and sit and frown constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if they have had MK programming.

For voters, I guess which one is the lesser of two evils. I think we all know Hillary will carry on bombing Muslims. I know Trump is racist but will he also kill loads of civilians? I don't know. I'm glad I am not in the USA.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.