/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is a problem, a serious problem...

Aaqib
10-19-2016, 10:35 PM
We are learning about religion and we have a handful of immature athiests.

One day, we were learning about Prophet Ibrahim (as) sacrificing a ram subsituting for his son, Ismael (as) and one of those kids went "Was he insane?".

I didn't hear him clearly so I said "What?"

He didn't respond.

So what does the statement mean when the prophet told us to leave a group making fun of islam, it's a whole classroom, is it ok if I'm like go to the other side of the room but I can still hear them. Is a whole room of people a group?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-20-2016, 12:14 AM
A'salamu alaykum. Tell your teacher that you don't appreciate people mocking your beliefs, it is highly offensive, and it isn't a comfortable learning enviroment for you, and if he can ask the class to be more respectful. If that doesn't work, ask to be excused from further sessions.

Aaqib
12-18-2016, 07:24 PM
I can't just do that, it is part of the all-time exam!

aamirsaab
12-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Best way is to confront it head on. Some people, particular certain non muslims need to be put in their place verbally and intellectually. Next time they open their mouths regarding any religion, feel free to remind them where the door is. They're staunch in their views atheism, so what the actual F are they doing in an RE lesson? Talk to the teacher in private and tell them those people on question are having a negative impact on the class and your education. If they don't want to learn, fine. But that doesn't give them the right to disrupt the class.

Don't tolerate people's bs, call 'em out on it!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
12-18-2016, 10:26 PM
What he said ^ two thumbs up

muslim brother
12-18-2016, 10:47 PM
yup as above 2
we need education
we cannot run ,hide and say no comment all the time

of course it depends on your age and circumstance,
but our children should know about udhya/qurbani ,hajj and other "basics"

as for the older,we need to learn to deal with the media and how to debate or even to not debate,and answer why.
"no comment" and "ill ask my molvisaab" has to be replaced by knowledge and confidence

greenhill
12-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Well…. sanity is perspective isn't it?

Was he (prophet Ibrahim (pbuh)) insane to be willing to be thrown into the fire? …or was that not part of the lesson?

There will always be people mocking, and there is no point to fight fire with fire… remember that Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) is also a prophet for Christians and the Jews… they were silent?

The background of the story must be told when referring to the substitute of the sacrifice, i.e. prophet Ibrahim wanted children and prayed to Allah to grant him a successor. Allah granted him a son with a test to sacrifice him when the time came. Eventually the time came and prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) was prepared to execute the covenant he made with Allah despite his attachment to his own flesh and blood.

He passed the test and a ram was ordered to be sacrificed instead… (we know the story) but often the story told about the sacrificial lamb is not told with the emphasis on the earlier covenant leaving room for these immature remarks.

Just my two cent's worth.

:peace:

fyi
12-19-2016, 12:28 AM
Look at it like this:
When they mock your belief the first thing you do is questioning your belief. Which is actually, during these
times where we the average muslim doesn't have much knowledge, a good thing. As we start questioning our belief we make research. Especially the ones who really belief in Allah(swt) and are not forced to. Eventually it leads to us strengthening our imaan and our knowledge. During these times of chaos and horror in all our muslim nations we still stay strong as 1.7 billion muslims.

I recommend you to do one thing and one thing only. Every time someone mocks Islam go and find out the reason why they are wrong. You will see that it'll only increase your knowledge and as time passes by you would not only have strengthened your emaan but also made yourself able to actually debate with knowledge. Not like many modern muslims who are selling their emaan for votes.

To protect the future we need a brighter generation with knowledge.

noraina
12-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes, agree with everyone else. We need to directly address the misconceptions people have concerning Islam. And it isn't about being argumentative or 'proving who's right' but the more we quietly ignore such ideas, the more embedded they're going to become in society. These days the media is rampant with mistruths and misinterpretations, which are being silently accepted by everyone else.

I understand in a classroom environment it can be difficult. I'd say try to speak to your teacher about how uncomfortable it makes you, and - if there is a classroom debate or discussion, then you should definitely correct their mistakes in their understanding of Islam, you'd be surprised how far you can get with just basic and constructive discussion.

We all should have a core understanding of the basics of our religion. A lot of people, including me a couple of years ago, think that Islamic knowledge is something accessible only to scholars or the imams in our community, and it's not our responsibility to learn about the deen. But *every* Muslim should be well-read and well-versed in the fundamental parts of our faith - it's our duty. I used to hate the feeling of staying silent because I had neither the knowledge nor confidence to speak up.

Aaqib
12-19-2016, 06:09 PM
It is nt misconception, if it was "Why did he slaughter his own son?!!" I would know how to deal with that. They simply mock our words, arabic words, such as Allahu Ackbar and Mashallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.