/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam

hbutler
10-20-2016, 12:58 AM
Assalamu alaikum! I have been a Muslim now for over a year and a half. I downloaded this app because it seemed like it would really benefit me. Recently I've been having a hard time praying. And unfortunately all I can say is it is out of laziness. What are some ways to stay motivated to pray and stay on top of your prayers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-20-2016, 01:53 AM
Wa alaykum a'salam, sister. Prayer is so important, abandoning the prayer is kufr (yes it is that serious). May Allah let us all die as Muslims. I would say that you should really force yourself to pray, even those times you desperately don't feel like it.. hold on to the prayer no matter what because if you lose Salah you will lose everything. There will be no barakah (blessings) in anything you do while you are missing your prayers. I just can't stress this enough. I think all of us have been there, when we don't feel like waking up for Fajr, or it's mid-day and we don't want to leave our work even for 10 minutes to pray, the excuses will never end. So whatever you are doing, put it aside and pray your Salah. It's a major sin to miss it and we want to keep our hearts pure, not black, and our Imaan high, and of course we want our Duas to be accepted! It all starts with Salah. Being Muslim is a blessing that we need to hold tight to, not take advantage of. Because we can lose our Imaan whenever Allah wills (may it not happen). So be thankful that Allah found you lost, and He guided you. Show Him your thankfulness with just a few minutes a day, in sha Allah ta'ala. I hope this could help you, sister. And Allah knows best.

drac16
10-20-2016, 02:42 AM
Wa alaykum salam

Thanks for coming to our site. If you don't pray, you will lose closeness to Allah. Your duas won't be as passionate and you won't feel the overwhelming love of God. During periods of time where I was missing salah, I felt a lot of distance between me and Allah. The duas and dhikr that I did just didn't feel that special and that's a bad sign. If you pray salah regularly, your spiritual appetite will be filled. You'll feel an ecstatic amount of love; nothing else can compare to it.

greenhill
10-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately that is a major problem for most muslims.

Just have to beat the laziness.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lisa921
10-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Assalamu alaykum,
I agree with the previous posts. ANd I will add to them by saying,
that prayer rewards build on themselves with every prayer. but neglecting the prayer will cause you to spiral into a pit of unbelief and possible kufr.
Its really difficult to get back into praying after you neglect it a while. Thats why need to be consistent with prayer always. It protects our heart from
loneliness, fear, unhappiness, and many other ailments.
I would just motivate yourself by thinking of all the bad things that could happen to you if Allah didn't love you enough to protect you. Insha allah you will find
your motivation. It is different for everyone. What I said works for me but it may not work for you:)
Lisa Marie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.