/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I take my sister to the masjid

Hello there
10-20-2016, 06:44 AM
Hi all,
I am a male (18+) and am wanting to know if I can take my younger sister aged 4 with me to the masjid to pray along side me.

My sister is toilet trained, she likes to pray with others and I think it would be beneficial life experience to take her to the masjid every now and then.

Please could you advise me on this.

As a child aged 4 who is female can she pray alongside me in a male congregation or does the rule where females have to pray behind men apply to female children aged 4 as well?

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-20-2016, 07:10 AM
:wa:

not sure about the rules . Glad to know u want to take her to mosque . Very few brothers would like to do that .

If anyone objects , u may offer salat with her at the back . In'sha Allah it will be ok with her and others .

eesa the kiwi
10-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu
Is it halal? Yes
But there maybe some cultural Muslims who will have an issue so maybe it's best to speak to people at your masjid about wether there will be an issue
Me personally I think it's a great idea and will be good for her

aaj
10-20-2016, 03:02 PM
I don't see anything wrong in taking your little sister to the masjid. It's quite common here in the west. Although i would advise one thing though. When you stand in a line, please stand towards end of the line and have you sister stand on the outside of the line. When we stand for prayer, feet to feet, shoulder to shoulder, we create a chain that the shaytan cannot come through. I can't recall but I think i do remember reading that the whole prayer goes up as a chain more effectively versus broken chains or a single person's prayer. So it's recommended children be at the end of the line and not in the middle somewhere as that breaks the chain.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
10-20-2016, 03:48 PM
At the masjid I visited, one brother had his children with him, one of which was female and I think around the age of 7. He also had his 3 year old boy with him. He stayed toward the back and allowed his children to also visit the sister's section where they could play with other children after the salat was over and we were listening to a lecture.

hisnameiszzz
10-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Keep your little sister in your sight at all times if you take her.

Also instead of asking on here, ask at the Mosque. My Mosque has a specific rule - no children under the age of 7. Not that they put the rule into action as folk bring little kids who think it is playtime and run from one end of the Mosque to the other like they are in a playground. The Dad normally let's the kid race around which is extremely annoying for people trying to concentrate. I'm not trying to sound like an old grouch and it's really good that young children want to go to the Mosque but there should be rules that are followed.

nadinesauriol
10-24-2016, 06:54 AM
I am Not Sure But, Depends on Mosque Rules and Regulation.

Thanks.

talibilm
10-24-2016, 12:49 PM
:sl:

It will not be wrong to take kids like years 4 years old IF THEY CAN MAINTAIN THEMSELVES ie will not create fuss by walking to & fro and disturbing others salah which may be sinful to ourselves . Or if we are not sure about it may be its better to stand in the last row with them .

sister_39738
10-24-2016, 04:24 PM
She has not hit puberty so she is not a woman. It is perfectly fine for her to pray with you in the men's section. May Allah bless you for teaching her to pray and spending time with her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.