/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Surah?

Delete.
10-20-2016, 10:59 PM
A'salamu alaykum

-What's your favorite Surah of the Quran?
-Why?
-Which Ayat within it is your favorite?

Mine is Surah Ar Rahman
Because of the descriptions of Jannah

فَبِأَىِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
10-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Wa alaykum salam

I like Surah Yusuf the most. It's basically a story about prophet Joseph [peace be upon him]. It never gets old. What I like about it is the dream interpretations in it. Joseph [peace be upon him] correctly interpreted dreams for two prison mates. Just like Solomon could talk to birds and David could make armor, Joseph was given the gift of dream interpretation. I like verse 15, where God tells Joseph that he will tell his brothers about abandoning him in the well, in the future where they won't recognize him. In that verse, He's comforting his prophet. :)

Another one I like is surah 112. I recite it often in my salats. There's so much wisdom in such a small amount of words.

Little_Lion
10-21-2016, 03:39 AM
I'm an odd one - Surah Al-Baqarah. I love reading over all the laws of Allah and contemplating their benefit to mankind. And of course from there my favorite ayat is Al-Kursi.

sister herb
10-21-2016, 02:03 PM
I like the most surahs 113 and 114. I too seek refuge...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
10-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I love Surah ar-Rahman - I don't know why it makes me cry whenever I hear its recitation, it just has such powerful descriptions and signs of the existence of Allah swt.

However, I do love Surat al-Baqarah, I gain so much comfort especially from the verses which describe how Allah swt will protect and guide us, and this is my favourite ayat from it:

"Whenmy servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (tothem). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls onme." [2:186]

islamirama
10-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Mine is Nas and Falaq, they are so desperately needed with so many psychos out there.

anatolian
10-21-2016, 04:04 PM
Ofcourse Fatiha..It is the heart of Quran...

sister herb
10-21-2016, 04:26 PM
From other surah my favorite ayat is this:

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things."

Surah An-Nur - 24:35

aaj
10-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Surah Ikhlas as it emphasizes the Oneness of Allah.

Plus you get the reward of reading a Quran if you recite it 3x and get a house built in jannah for reciting it 10x.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (Sahih al-Jami’ al-Saghir, 6472).

Scimitar
10-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Al Kahf and Yaseen, and about 112 others.

Scimi

Zeal
10-21-2016, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
A'salamu alaykum

-Why?

Mine is Surah Ar Rahman

Excluding the fatihah jt has to be surah hud and i cant explain it but i feel such an emotional connection with it whenever it's recited and the surah is riddled with beautiful ayat but my favourite ayat has got to be
وَقَالَ ارْكَبُوا فِيهَا بِسْمِ اللَّهِ مَجْرَاهَا وَمُرْسَاهَا ۚ إِنَّ رَبِّي لَغَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

And [Noah] said, "Embark therein; in the name of Allah is its course and its anchorage. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful."

It's just so powerful and im sure it has got to be the most unique ayat when recited because of ِ مَجْرَاهَا being recited as maj'rehha

Delete.
10-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Masha Allah brothers and sisters, JazakumAllahu khayran for so many beautiful replies. I love to read them. SubhanAllahi wa Bihamdihi.

زهراء
10-21-2016, 08:40 PM
I love every single word and every single ayah. I love Qur'aan.
What a miracle we have!
[emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181]

Delete.
10-21-2016, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by زهراء
I love every single word and every single ayah. I love Qur'aan.
What a miracle we have!
[emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181] [emoji181]
Imagine, we literally have the Word of Allah. SubhanAllah, it's unbelievable.

زهراء
10-21-2016, 08:56 PM
Imagine, we literally have the Word of Allah. SubhanAllah, it's unbelievable.
The usage and placing of the words, the style and manner of addressing, the different Riwaayaat, the sound of the recitation. Surely it can only be The Word of The Most-Powerful[emoji181]

Qur'aan is the only place where you can 'recite' rules/laws in a melodious voice- without it sounding strange.

May Allah make us lovers of the Qur'aan and give us a deep understanding of it. آمين

Al Sultan
10-21-2016, 10:38 PM
:sl:

Surat Al Baqara.

It explains the Quran,i had about 4 questions regarding athiests,and while I was reading the first 3 ayas it just answered my question,i was like,really? I had 4 questions and in one verse it answered all 4 of them...

Ayat-ul-Kursi of course!! read it after your prayers,nothing will stand between you when you go to Jannah,only death.And also recite it in your car and Allah will send Angels to protect you from danger.

:wa:

Delete.
10-28-2016, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Ayat-ul-Kursi of course!! read it after your prayers,nothing will stand between you when you go to Jannah,only death.And also recite it in your car and Allah will send Angels to protect you from danger.
Wa alaykum a'salam.

What is the source, brother?

fhmn63
10-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Surah Rahman .

"Which of the favours of your lord will you deny "

A'salamu alaykum

-Why?

Mine is Surah Ar Rahman

Al Sultan
10-29-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure,but I've heard a lot of people say that it does,you can easily figure it out,if you read ayat ul kursi 3 times when you're in a car or going somewhere,Allah will send angels to protect you from any disaster that will happen to you and make your journey safe.But whats the point of life? to believe in Allah and pray to him and we'll get in Jannah (inshallah) so reading ayatul kursi after finishing your prayers,nothing will stand between you to Jannah,you will go into Jannah easily.Wallahi I'm not sure akhi,ask the forum..

Delete.
10-29-2016, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
I'm not sure,but I've heard a lot of people say that it does,you can easily figure it out,if you read ayat ul kursi 3 times when you're in a car or going somewhere,Allah will send angels to protect you from any disaster that will happen to you and make your journey safe.But whats the point of life? to believe in Allah and pray to him and we'll get in Jannah (inshallah) so reading ayatul kursi after finishing your prayers,nothing will stand between you to Jannah,you will go into Jannah easily.Wallahi I'm not sure akhi,ask the forum..
It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whoever recites Ayat al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death." (Narrated by al-Nasaa'i in al-Yawm wa'l-Laylah, from al-Hasan ibn Bishr, and by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh from Muhammad ibn Humayr, who is al-Homsi, and also one of the men of al-Bukhari, and the isnaad meets the conditions of al-Bukhari)

As for reading it 3 times, I couldn't find that in any reports and please be aware of falling into innovation.

Allah knows best.

Al Sultan
10-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Well,i like to read it 3 times,you can read it 5,1 how many times as you like,as long as you read it.Yes,Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.