/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Coping with Riba

sister_39738
10-21-2016, 03:54 AM
First I want to start by asking why you have to post so many threads before becoming a full member? Also, I cant send private messages even though I receive them. I'm afraid that people might think I am rude for not responding.

Anyway the last two years that I have been in college have been a financial and emotional strain.I was hospitalized twice and both during finals. That brought my gpa down. Then my university had financial cutbacks and raised their prices while taking away a scholarship and grant. The surplus from my grants and scholarships (plus a loan I took out before Islam) is what I used to support myself since I am an independent student and my family cant help me at all (not even with a place to live). I'm working but not enough to pay the rent on the 1st of every month. Then Allah tested me again when I didn't get a job that would pay $11 an hour, $3 more than what I'm making now with more hours. I couldn't get it because training is during class time. Then my cellphone broke today and I didn't have enough money to replace it. So today I signed up for a interest based loan to help with rent until I find a second job and replace my cell and buy toiletries.

I felt so bad because I know that riba is the only sin that will make Allah and his prophet go to war against you. I don't want to go up against Allah in war because I know I will lose. I love Allah and his prophets. He brought me a gift (islam) that has been the only light in this bleak life I have had. I know I don't show it sometimes but I am nothing without him.

How have you dealt with riba? What are some things besides begging for forgiveness that will put me back in Allah's good graces? I plan on getting a second job and dropping down to part time next semester so the only money I will use will be from my grant. I would just get evicted because I really hate my apartment. The company has shady practices. They don't show you where you will actually live and its a glorified dorm room and really dirty and ugly. Plus they match you with any roommate. The one I have now just refuses to clean. But if I did get evicted it would mess up my credit and make it harder for me to find a new apartment.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-23-2016, 12:43 AM
A'salamu alaykum, sister. I am sad for your situation and I ask Allah to make it easy for you. Even if it may be difficult, is there any possible way you can avoid Riba? May Allah reward you tremendously for any sacrifice you make or obstacle you must go through, but it is very important to do absolutely everything we can to avoid what is Haram, because no blessings can come from it and we should fear the punishment. Allah knows best.

sister_39738
10-24-2016, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
A'salamu alaykum, sister. I am sad for your situation and I ask Allah to make it easy for you. Even if it may be difficult, is there any possible way you can avoid Riba? May Allah reward you tremendously for any sacrifice you make or obstacle you must go through, but it is very important to do absolutely everything we can to avoid what is Haram, because no blessings can come from it and we should fear the punishment. Allah knows best.
Allah has forgiven me and provided a way. I went to my boss and told her I might have to quit school to work more and she sent me to her supervisor who is one of the heads of my university. He told me that he would take care of my existing balance and give me a grant to pay my rent for a few months. Allah Akbar!

Delete.
10-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Allah has forgiven me and provided a way. I went to my boss and told her I might have to quit school to work more and she sent me to her supervisor who is one of the heads of my university. He told me that he would take care of my existing balance and give me a grant to pay my rent for a few months. Allah Akbar!
Alhamdulilah! Allahu Akbar! That is wonderful!! I am so happy for you, sister. BarakAllahu fiki.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zeal
10-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Allahuakbar!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.