/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regretting making a promise to Allah?

_Mohsina_
10-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Salaam, everyone. It's a long story, so please bare with me.
I was trying to learn more about Islam around a year ago, and learnt it is wrong to think sexual thought. Now I can't remember if I promised Allah to never think sexual thoughts again or if I didn't. However, if I did, I now realise that if I did make this promise, I made a mistake. Sometimes, the thoughts just creep into my head and I feel like I am repeatedly breaking a promise to Allah, and have ruined any chances of reaching paradise. Is there anyway to undo that promise, even though I am not sure if I made it or not? Many thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
10-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Sister this fatwa here should give you an answer:

https://islamqa.info/en/38934

"...The expiation for breaking an oath is to set free a slave, or to feed or clothe ten poor persons. Whoever cannot do any of those things should fast for three days, because Allaah says*..."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.