/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i learn / read quran?

Nisthar
10-25-2016, 05:21 PM
I used to learn and understand quran on my high school education. But i don't read quran much except during the salah.

I am afraid i would get bad thoughts / waswas if i read / understand quran atm. What would you suggest?

Do you had a similar experience? How understanding quran helped you in your life? I know understanding quran makes a person in right path. But taking into conideration that the person may also go wrong if he have bad thoughts / waswas, does he need to read quran?

Sorry for my bad english :) Plz help me to clear these doubts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
10-25-2016, 05:35 PM
:sl:

Reading Quran is part of being Muslims. The Quran has hidaya in it as well was stories and lessons to learn from. How can reading the words of Allah lead to waswas and bad thoughts? It is a protection against such things. Read the quran with tafsir so you can get a better understanding of it. Any waswas you hear you can just dismiss as the shaytan's way of trying to stop you from reading. Those devils are pathetic little weaklings who can't do jack. Only reason they have power over you is because you weakerr then them, and your strength and weakness comes from your level of eman.

Delete.
10-25-2016, 06:12 PM
A'salamu alaykum, brother. Yes, read Qur'an and don't let anything stop you, especially not the whispers of shayteen. Like the brother above said, the Qur'an is a protection of these bad thoughts. Read it with Tafseer so that you understand, read slowly there is no rush, read it for one minute, or one hour, as long as you can. but do read it, brother. One day the Qur'an will disappear from us, and there will be no soul who will remember the Glorious words of Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala.

Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood said, "Something will come and take the Qur'aan one night and not one aayah will be left, either in the Mus-haf or in the heart of any person, but it will be taken away." (Narrated by al-Daarimi with a saheeh isnaad, no. 3209)

Does this scare you, brother? It should cause terror in the hearts of all the believers. The Qur'an is the only Truth in this dunya, everything else is a deception. By Allah, you will not go wrong if you continually read the Qur'an with sincerity and understanding and follow the commandments within it.

"Hasten to do good deeds before tribulations come like patches of dark night, when a man will wake up as a believer and by evening he will be a kaafir, or in the evening he will be a believer and by morning he will be a kaafir, selling his religion for some worldly gains." (narrated by Muslim, no. 169)

May Allah grant all the believers understanding of His Book.

Delete.
10-25-2016, 06:14 PM
اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ
Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists).
96:1

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gazzalii
10-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Recite means to read understand n follow

Nisthar
10-26-2016, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gazzalii
Recite means to read understand n follow
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ
Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists).
96:1
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
A'salamu alaykum, brother. Yes, read Qur'an and don't let anything stop you, especially not the whispers of shayteen. Like the brother above said, the Qur'an is a protection of these bad thoughts. Read it with Tafseer so that you understand, read slowly there is no rush, read it for one minute, or one hour, as long as you can. but do read it, brother. One day the Qur'an will disappear from us, and there will be no soul who will remember the Glorious words of Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala.

Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood said, "Something will come and take the Qur'aan one night and not one aayah will be left, either in the Mus-haf or in the heart of any person, but it will be taken away." (Narrated by al-Daarimi with a saheeh isnaad, no. 3209)

Does this scare you, brother? It should cause terror in the hearts of all the believers. The Qur'an is the only Truth in this dunya, everything else is a deception. By Allah, you will not go wrong if you continually read the Qur'an with sincerity and understanding and follow the commandments within it.

"Hasten to do good deeds before tribulations come like patches of dark night, when a man will wake up as a believer and by evening he will be a kaafir, or in the evening he will be a believer and by morning he will be a kaafir, selling his religion for some worldly gains." (narrated by Muslim, no. 169)

May Allah grant all the believers understanding of His Book.
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
:sl:

Reading Quran is part of being Muslims. The Quran has hidaya in it as well was stories and lessons to learn from. How can reading the words of Allah lead to waswas and bad thoughts? It is a protection against such things. Read the quran with tafsir so you can get a better understanding of it. Any waswas you hear you can just dismiss as the shaytan's way of trying to stop you from reading. Those devils are pathetic little weaklings who can't do jack. Only reason they have power over you is because you wear then them, and your strength and weakness comes from your level of eman.
Thanks.

Do you guys recommend offline over online reading? If not, how can i buy a good tafsir book from online?

Delete.
10-26-2016, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nisthar
Thanks.

Do you guys recommend offline over online reading? If not, how can i buy a good tafsir book from online?
I recommend reading the Qur'an from the Mus'haf and for Tafseer, you can find many of them online to read for free, in sha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.