/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rights Of Neighbours

hisnameiszzz
10-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Hello,

Could someone be a gem and post some hadeeths and your thoughts and understanding on the rights of neighbours and how you should treat them in Islam.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-27-2016, 05:06 PM
There was a farmer who grew excellent quality corn. Every year he won the award for the best grown corn.One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and learned something interesting about how he grew it. The reporter discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbors. “How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbors when they are entering corn in competition with yours each year?” the reporter asked.
“Why sir,” said the farmer, “Didn’t you know? The wind picks up pollen from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbours grow inferior corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbours grow good corn.”

So it is with our lives... Those who want to live meaningfully and well must help enrich the lives of others, for the value of a life is measured by the lives it touches. And those who choose to be happy must help others find happiness, for the welfare of each is bound up with the welfare of all...
-Call it power of collectivity... -Call it a principle of success... -Call it a law of life.

The fact is, none of us truly wins, until we all win!!

Scimi

Delete.
10-27-2016, 05:42 PM
A'salamu alaykum. Here are some Ahadeeth of RasoolAllah salaAllahu alayhi wa salam concerning our neighbors-

"A neighbor has the best claim to the house or land of the neighbor." Sunan Abi Dawud, Sahih

"The companion who is the best to Allah is the one who is best to his companion. And the neighbor that is the best to Allah is the one that is best to his neighbor." Jami at-Tirmidhi, Sahih

"The neighbor of a home has more right to the home." Jami at-Tirmidhi, Hasan

It was narrated that Jabir said, "RasoolAllah decreed the principle of pre-emption, and the (rights of) neighbors." Sunan an-Nasa'i, Sahih

"No one of you should refuse to let his neighbor fix a piece of wood to his wall." Sunan ibn Majah, Sahih

"Whoever has land and wants to sell it, let him offer it to his neighbor." Sunan ibn Majah, Sahih

"When you make broth (soup), add more water and give some to your neighbor." Sunan ibn Majah, Sahih

Mujahid narrated, "Abdullah bin Amr had a sheep slaughtered for his family, so when he came he said: 'Have you given some to our neighbor, the Jew? Have you given some to our neighbor, the Jew? I heard RasoolAllah saying, 'Jibril continued to advise me about (treating) the neighbors so (kindly and politely), that I thought he would order me (from Allah) to make them heirs." Jami at-Tirmidhi, Sahih

Narrated Aisha: I said, "O RasoolAllah! I have two neighbors and would like to know to which of them I should give presents." He replied, "To the one whose door is nearer to you." Sahih al-Bukhari

"O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her female neighbor even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)." Sahih al-Bukhari

"Gabriel continued to recommend me about treating the neighbors kindly and politely so much so that I thought he would order me to make them as my heirs." Sahih al-Bukhari

"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother" or he said "for his neighbor, what he loves for himself." Sunan ibn Majah, Sahih

Allah says: "Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful." Qur'an 4:36

hisnameiszzz
10-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Thanks for your responses. So from what you have said and what I know of Islam, you should treat your neighbours with respect and kindness and not abuse or torture them with noise and car blocking and just generally being anti social? Correct or not?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
10-29-2016, 10:36 PM
Have you tried contacting the Citizen's Advice Bureau? They might have some suggestions, Inshallah.

Nobody's Girl
10-29-2016, 11:35 PM
Nowadays, nieghbors don't care about each other anymore. They hardly ever visit...feels kinda lonely living in a nieghborhood that is so aliented... even in eid. They are muslims but chasing after this world madevthem too busy to care about the really important things in life.

hisnameiszzz
10-30-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm not going to contact any authority because I have been there and done that. No offence but non Muslims don't follow the same ethics as true Muslims. The anti social behaviour officer and environmental health say it's okay to slam doors all day every day. Islam completely prohibits any kind of harassment of neighbours. That's the difference.

I've been angry at Islam and Allah for too long now. If I can get my head over this I'm raring to come back to Islam full throttle. But I need to get these niggling thoughts out of my mind.

I just need to do this post to help my mind settle a bit. And I need input from all of you guys.

*charisma*
10-30-2016, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
I'm not going to contact any authority because I have been there and done that. No offence but non Muslims don't follow the same ethics as true Muslims. The anti social behaviour officer and environmental health say it's okay to slam doors all day every day. Islam completely prohibits any kind of harassment of neighbours. That's the difference.

I've been angry at Islam and Allah for too long now. If I can get my head over this I'm raring to come back to Islam full throttle. But I need to get these niggling thoughts out of my mind.

I just need to do this post to help my mind settle a bit. And I need input from all of you guys.
I think you have a lot going on in your life bro. Like honestly I don't even know if you have a place to just relax. I remember you mentioned that you're the caretaker of your mom and brother, so that's hard in itself, plus to have your noisy neighbors doesn't help at all. I can understand your frustrations, being stuck between a rock and hard place as they say. I think you should take steps to prove that your neighbors' annoying habits are affecting your life. Going and complaining about them to anyone will probably will not yield much results. Check this out so you can take the necessary steps that will inshallah help you: LINK. The second thing I'm wondering about is whether the sounds that you're annoyed by are annoying for other people as well? Normally people get used to the sounds that they live around. Like those who live near train stations eventually are able to drown out these sounds. You might have a psychological condition called misophonia . I know you said that your mom has refused to move out, but maybe try convincing her again? Do you know why she does not want to move?

hisnameiszzz
11-06-2016, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I think you have a lot going on in your life bro. Like honestly I don't even know if you have a place to just relax. I remember you mentioned that you're the caretaker of your mom and brother, so that's hard in itself, plus to have your noisy neighbors doesn't help at all. I can understand your frustrations, being stuck between a rock and hard place as they say. I think you should take steps to prove that your neighbors' annoying habits are affecting your life. Going and complaining about them to anyone will probably will not yield much results. Check this out so you can take the necessary steps that will inshallah help you: LINK. The second thing I'm wondering about is whether the sounds that you're annoyed by are annoying for other people as well? Normally people get used to the sounds that they live around. Like those who live near train stations eventually are able to drown out these sounds. You might have a psychological condition called misophonia . I know you said that your mom has refused to move out, but maybe try convincing her again? Do you know why she does not want to move?
Salaams my sister,

Thanks for your really kind message.

I never knew about MISOPHONIA. I have researched it and unfortunately, I agree with most of the comments. I literally feel like going round and killing each and every single one of them on a regular basis! If you don't mind, I am going to post the link about MISOPHONIA on the "noisyneighbours" forum I go on. Basically, it's a whole collection of people all over the world who suffer from noisy neighbours and we all support and advise each other on there. The information might come in handy for some people.

The forum I go on is testament that the Police / local authorities in the UK will do nothing about the noise. There are heaps of people who have contacted the Police and the authorities but they have done nothing to help them. When I contacted my local authority about the noise, they emailed back and told me slamming doors all day and night and hoovering bedrooms at midnight was normal. I highly doubt that would be normal behaviour according to Huquqool Ibad and from following the Prophets advise and information on Akhlaaq. The saddest thing is the jaheel family who live next door are actually Muslims (can't be the same as the Islam I follow, it doesn't preach harassment and abuse).

I have tried convincing my Mom to move but she just gets angry and we end up falling out. I completely understand why she does not want to move, this is the house we all grew up in, this is the house her Mom used to come and stay over in, this is the house her Dad helped her buy. All her memories are here. I don't understand what the awful family next door get out of terrorising us like this. They all deserve to be shot. I think I have mentioned my sister too, she is in her late 30's but has the mental age of a young girl, so I have to do a lot of things for her too on top of my everyday work life and trying to keep the noise from driving me insane. It's not easy but I guess such is life. I know folk have said move out and start living on your own, but my Mom is quite poorly at the moment. There is something that she is doing which has me very worried. She takes her socks off, puts them back on again, takes them off, puts them on and repeats this about 30 times every night. I know she is getting on a bit but it still worries me a lot. She has no self confidence and I can literally see her getting scared each time one of the jaheel family slams a door. I can see the fear on her face but if she refuses to move, I can't keep on at her.

I've had an Iman boost from a friend of mine who sent me a hadeeth via email. It seems like the last laugh is on the noisy neighbours. The hadeeth said that if someone abuses another person in this life, the abuser will never enter Jannah until the person who was being abused forgives them. Well I can 100 hundred million per cent guarantee I will NEVER ever forgive the evil family next door. So the stupid father can wail from the Qura'an every day and go to the Masjid every day too, but if he thinks I am going to forgive him for all the years of suffering we have had to endure, he has another thing coming. I know the bigger person forgives people but my life has been put on hold and I have been tormented for such a long time, it's just not going to happen.

I know a lot of people kept telling me to be patient on here over the last year and a half, but it never clicked in my head. I genuinely felt like the Lord was evil and he was only supporting and helping evil people and I felt I was on my own and that was it (I've not had a good night's sleep in years now, even with pills and balms and spray - and when you are so sleep deprived, I think the devil makes an appearance in your head and starts talking to you which I eventually started to believe). But thanks to the email from my friend who explained the hadeeth to me, it's finally made sense. For sure, the noise today almost had me wet myself (they were very very noisy, think 6 people constantly opening and slamming doors constantly for a few hours), but I feel my faith is getting back on track. I know it's going to take a long time for me to get back to who I was and to start following Islam properly but it will happen. I have a lot of wasted time to make up for and I have to find a genuine Imam/Aalim who will support me to get back on track.

Thank you so much to everyone for their ongoing support and friendship and listening to me go on and on and on and on. I actually went to Jummah this week and I even raised my hands after the prayer (I've not been able to raise my hands after prayers for a long long time now) and thanked Allah for helping me and I apologised for being such a moose over the last year or two and thinking he would never help me etc.

I am going to a post about my problems and how I am trying to get my life back on track at some point but I don't know when. My head is in bits today thanks to the constant noise. I know a lot of people that saw my initial angry posts on IB when I joined thought I was retarded. I'm not, I'm just a normal person who has been tested with one of the most jaheel families I have ever known and it really got on top of me and my life.

muslim brother
11-06-2016, 09:53 PM
a poem i wrote.

SOME UNFORTUNATE FACTS OF LIFE

if you remain silent ,people will take advantage of you
if you are patient,some will deem it as weakness
if you speak the truth you will be called a madman
if you are angry,your oppressor will blame you
if you cry theyll claim not to know why
if you are hurt,it is your fault
you want your rights,why do you shout

they will not help you,but blame you
they will malign you,not understand you
they will hurt you further,not heal you

dont even try ,theyll say
you are nothing,theyll hiss

they will plan and scheme
and have the perfect facade
nothing can destroy their public charade

but,there will be ..that day..
from adam to the last soul
the judgement of all .

hisnameiszzz
11-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Sigh. I am back to square one.

I've been in tears most of this weekend. The animals have had their extended family visiting (and are still here), so it's been a cacophony of door slamming, running up and down steps, the bathroom fan and every single other bit of noise they can make under the sun. Why oh why oh why do they torture us like this? The retarded Dad (I like to call him the Father of Ignorance) prays the Qura'an every day, even goes to the Mosque (I wish he wouldn't, he slams the doors in his house REALLY loudly on his way from the main room to the middle room and then the kitchen and then the back door and it makes my Mom almost burst into tears), so why oh why won't he bother following the basics of Islam?

The jaheel family are not the kind that you can speak to. They will only make it worse. Besides if they had an ounce of humanity in them, they would not do this to us, but they do, on a daily basis.

I wonder why Allah is not helping us. I've read heaps of hadeeths and heard in bayaans that his wrath will come upon those who mistreat others / take away their rights. It is definitely happening here - the retards won't even let us sleep. I know my Islam took a knock and I stopped following for a while, but everyone else in my family are one hundred per cent Muslim, so he should help them right? Or have I completely misunderstood Islam and am I talking jibberish again?

Please don't yell at me but there is only so much a person can take and I genuinely feel I have reached my limit. I'm not asking for much am I? Just a bit of peace and quiet. I'm not asking to be the next Brad Pitt or marry the new Jennifer Lawrence, nor am I am asking to win the lottery or get fancy cars.

My Mom is getting more and more ill. Her diabetes is getting worse and her feet keep going purple. The GP is really concerned about her. I wish the stupid woman would agree to moving from this hell hole, but she won't and I can't just move away and leave her here because she will not cope. My stupid Dad kept her locked up at home for years on end and she has no independence anymore.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.