/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sects in Islam

Karl
10-28-2016, 02:45 AM
This thread has seemed to have disappeared "There are no sects in Islam. The people who worship Allah alone are called Muslims. The rest that divide themselves into sects are pagans. Why do people make a circus out of a pure and simple religion? Because they are fools. The more they squabble and fight over who is worshipping Allah in the right way the more pathetic they make themselves".
Written by me and this very good reply written by another---End Quote---
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you lives after I am gone will see a great deal of dissent.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4067); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

This is the clearest sign that the Muslim can use to determine what is the saved group, so he should follow the way of the majority of scholars, those whom all the people testify are trustworthy and religiously-committed, and he should follow the way of the earlier scholars among the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and the four Imams and other scholars, and he should beware of every sect that differs from the main body of Muslims (jamaa’ah) by following innovation (bid’ah).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
10-28-2016, 02:52 AM
So what did the Prophet (PBUH) call the first group?

talibilm
10-28-2016, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
This thread has seemed to have disappeared "There are no sects in Islam. The people who worship Allah alone are called Muslims. The rest that divide themselves into sects are pagans. Why do people make a circus out of a pure and simple religion? Because they are fools. The more they squabble and fight over who is worshipping Allah in the right way the more pathetic they make themselves".
Written by me and this very good reply written by another---End Quote---
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you lives after I am gone will see a great deal of dissent.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4067); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

This is the clearest sign that the Muslim can use to determine what is the saved group, so he should follow the way of the majority of scholars, those whom all the people testify are trustworthy and religiously-committed, and he should follow the way of the earlier scholars among the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and the four Imams and other scholars, and he should beware of every sect that differs from the main body of Muslims (jamaa’ah) by following innovation (bid’ah).
:sl:

Difference of opinions has taken a big toll on the Ummah.But Difference of opinions were always there even at the time of Sahabas but they were all still united as one Ummah. Imam Shafi prayed Subuh in the Masjid of Hanafis in Iraq but still prayed the same way that Hanafi did to the surprise of all , such were our Imaam who kept THE AGENDA of UNITY far more superior & prioritized than these simple fiqh issues and so was Abdullah ibn Masood (r.a) who argued during haj when Calipha Uthman R.a did not shorten his prayers in haj which was a great sunnah of Prophet :saws: since Uthman R.A argued that he was not a traveller there since he was married from there ( IMO He had a house there so he is not a traveller any more so therefore can't shorten or Qasr his salah) so Uthman R.A as the leader of Believers led the prayer and prayed full ( no shortening) and Abdullah Ibn Masood R.A who argued on this issue prayed at his back . After the Salah when people asked Ibn Masood , How could he follow the imam when you differed in this matter he said he is our Calipha So are our examples of our Heroes of Islam showing still UNITY in Diversity ( opinions)

May we abide by these verses of our Creator.

Quran 23:52-55 ''And verily this Brotherhood of yours is a single Brotherhood, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore fear Me (and no other).But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself. But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time. Do they think that because We have granted them abundance of wealth and sons.We would hasten them on in every good? Nay, they do not understand.''

islamirama
10-28-2016, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

Difference of opinions has taken a big toll on the Ummah.But Difference of opinions were always there even at the time of Sahabas but they were all still united as one Ummah.

There's a big difference between Difference of opinions and differences of aqeedah.

Schools of thoughts (madhabs) within a sect have differences of opinions, sects within a religion have difference of aqeedah.

People need to stop slapping hadith and verses where they see fit to make their point.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.