PDA

View Full Version : Islam VS Christianity & Judaism



mickib
10-30-2016, 06:19 PM
These three Abrahamic religions share many similarities and differences. As a believer, what similarities do you pick up? What differences do you find?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
10-30-2016, 07:39 PM
????
Reply

greenhill
10-30-2016, 07:55 PM
The similarities are in the progression in what it teaches.

The differences are caused by man.

That is as simple as I can put it.

If we were to 'sieve' through the Books, you will 'find' an 'evolution' for the "be-ing" (and I guess putting the 'being' in human beings) :D

The nature of prophet Daud (David) pbuh apart from his actions, wisdom, he also sang songs of praise, exalting, and stuff akin to tasbih, done so melodious, everyone knows to Whom Daud pbuh was thankful. Zabur (Psalms) = Tauhid.

Taurat (Torah). Human mechanics. Do unto others what we you want others to do unto you.. over time it became reason for revenge. Eye for an eye..

The Injil (Bible) drew attention to a higher state of being. To forgive. I can imagine it being an alien concept then.

With knowing Tauhid and believing in the messages, willingness to forgive, the final message can be delivered.

The Quran and its laws on living in a community. For humanity, lesson complete.

But the reality is that Syaitaan (Satan) solemn oath has caused much distortion and made each Book separate religions.


:peace:
Reply

drac16
10-31-2016, 10:17 PM
There are a lot if similarities.


  • We believe in one God
  • We believe that God sent righteous men throughout the course of history to proclaim God's message to humanity. These men are known as prophets.
  • We believe that abortion, homosexuality and fornication are wrong (the conservative ones anyway)
  • We believe in many of the same prophets (like Abraham, Jacob, Job, Moses, David, Solomon, etc. [peace be upon them])


There are also a lot of differences. Muslims believe in many things that are exclusive to Islam.


  • Muslims believe in the prophethood of Muhammad [peace be upon him]
  • Muslims don't believe that Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] was crucified
  • Muslims believe that Jesus Christ foretold the coming of Muhammad
  • Muslims believe that Hell consists of God's wrath, as opposed to believing that Hell is merely separation from God (whatever that means ^o))
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
mickib
11-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by drac16
There are a lot if similarities.


  • We believe in one God
  • We believe that God sent righteous men throughout the course of history to proclaim God's message to humanity. These men are known as prophets.
  • We believe that abortion, homosexuality and fornication are wrong (the conservative ones anyway)
  • We believe in many of the same prophets (like Abraham, Jacob, Job, Moses, David, Solomon, etc. [peace be upon them])


There are also a lot of differences. Muslims believe in many things that are exclusive to Islam.


  • Muslims believe in the prophethood of Muhammad [peace be upon him]
  • Muslims don't believe that Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] was crucified
  • Muslims believe that Jesus Christ foretold the coming of Muhammad
  • Muslims believe that Hell consists of God's wrath, as opposed to believing that Hell is merely separation from God (whatever that means ^o))
What do you mean by Hell consisting of God's wrath?:?
Reply

drac16
11-01-2016, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by mickib
What do you mean by Hell consisting of God's wrath?:?
I mean that Hell exists as a form of punishment. God pours out His wrath on the people of Hell. In the damnation of a guilty person, God demonstrates His Holiness. He is too Holy and Pure to look upon sin as being equal to righteousness. A lot of people are uncomfortable with the doctrine of Hell, so they try to come up with other explanations. They say that Hell is merely separation from God's presence. I believe that the Qur'an is pure, even the verses that speak about Hell. I have no right to deny the fact that Hell is a punishment from God upon guilty sinners.
Reply

Eric H
11-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Greetings and peace be with you mickib; and welcome to the forum,

From the title of your thread, it seems as if there should be a competition between our three faiths, but I wonder what God's intentions are?

It is said in Judaism and Christianity, that God commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son in the region of Mount Moriah. It is also said that God commanded Solomon to build the Temple on Mount Moriah, that will house ‘The Ark of the Covenant’ better known for the Ten Commandments. Jesus prayed on the Temple Mount, and when he healed people he sent them to the Temple to give thanks.

The prophet pbuh ascended to heaven to meet the other prophets from the Temple Mount, this same site, associated with Abraham, Moses, Solomon, Jesus and many others. It seems that God has brought all three religions together in so many ways, and it seems to be a place to search for God rather than religion.

In 2009 I had the privilege to go to Jerusalem, Most of the Christian holy places are within the Muslim quarters of Jerusalem, this in turn is surrounded by the Jews. I stood by the Wailing Wall, which is a sacred place to the Jews. But when you look above the wall, you see the golden dome of ‘The Dome of the Rock, and the Al Aqsa sacred to Islam. As you queue up to go up to the mosque from the Jewish side, there is a sign that says – God is always present here. Sadly, next to this sign are piles of riot shields, and Jewish police with guns.

God could have made our lives much easier if he had placed our three religions a thousand miles apart, but is seems that God has some greater purpose by bringing all three religions together in one place. But why would God link all these things together on the Temple Mount?

The closet analogy can I think of is this. It is like a parent with three young children, the parents save up for ages to buy the latest play station and when it arrives they set it up. The parents say to the children, play nicely together and the parents leave the room. The best result would be for the children to share and play together, but often with mankind, it seems in our nature to fight for a greater possession of the things we want.

The same God clearly made this site sacred to all three religions, I believe as a lesson on how we should find ways to respect and get on with each other despite our differences.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of One God

Eric
Reply

mickib
11-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by drac16
I mean that Hell exists as a form of punishment. God pours out His wrath on the people of Hell. In the damnation of a guilty person, God demonstrates His Holiness. He is too Holy and Pure to look upon sin as being equal to righteousness. A lot of people are uncomfortable with the doctrine of Hell, so they try to come up with other explanations. They say that Hell is merely separation from God's presence. I believe that the Qur'an is pure, even the verses that speak about Hell. I have no right to deny the fact that Hell is a punishment from God upon guilty sinners.
Oh, I see what you mean.
Reply

Al Sultan
11-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Why should we even compare or make a competition out of these 3 Abrahmic religions??? In the Quran it doesn't say Jews and Christians are going to hell?? No,it says they will go to heaven if they do righteous.Islam is the last religion from the Abrahmic religions.Its simply to guide people to the straight path and believe in one God,it doesn't matter if you are a Christian,Jew,Muslim.God never said Islam is the ONLY religion that gives you the key to heaven,it does give you the key to heaven but also its not like Judaism and Christianity don't exist,they do.What I say is,if one is a Jew,Christian (Catholic or other branches of Christianity) and does righteous,he's good to go then. I get disgusted when I see a "why Christianity is better than this or Islam is worse than that" we shouldn't be comparing,we should be concentrating or COMPETITNG (in a good way) on doing good deeds,me as a muslim I don't feel comfortable comparing religions.Christianity Judaism,islam are all religions from God Almighty.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:21 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:17 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
  5. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 04:05 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!