/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to stay on deen.. I love Islam, but I feel like there is a wall.

Serinity
10-31-2016, 07:50 PM
:salam:

I've been struggling to stay upon Islam. But I get constant waswass on Tawheed, and the purity of Tawheed. And what makes one a Muslim..

I know Islam is simple, and easy. That Islam is basically Qur'aan and Sunnah. Nothing else. Believe 100% in these 2 things, and hold tight. And you are good.

While Islam is easy. I feel overwhelmed by the constant anxiety. And sometimes I doubt whether I am Muslim.(I know the requirements - but I feel it is mentally exhausting to keep checking myself - my beliefs)

It is basically Tawheed of Worship.

I love Islam, but at the same time I am feeling hopeless/left out. As if I am not trying enough. But all that I've been doing is walk in circles...

I know a Muslim has to accept Islam 100%, i.e. Quran and Sunnah all of it. 100% etc. And I do, but everytime I try to affirm it, I feel compelled to reject shirk, as if I am afraid of involuntarily fall into shirk (while I do know Islam is against it)

And Allah knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
10-31-2016, 08:09 PM
You need relaxation. That's it. For example make some nature walks and try to find Allah in His creation.

فصيح الياسين
10-31-2016, 08:12 PM
The problem is u focus on waswasas thts why u feel hopeless .. if waswasa come dont think about it. Nor focus or pay attention to it..

Also theif come to tht house where he can loot treasure.. same like this shaitan wisper in those hearts where he see eman.. cause its most expensive and precious thing to obtain it.
Just let the waswasa flow.. u must believe on allah without any evidence! !!! Tht quote was the last words of imam razi r.a

aaj
10-31-2016, 08:19 PM
:wasalam:

may Allah make it easy for you brother. Tahweed is the belief in Oneness of Allah. The shahadah is our affirmation for that belief. The prophet :saws: said to renew your Islam often by staying the shahadah often. When you do have these anxieties, try to remember and recite the shahadah and tell yourself that is Islam and only thing that matters. Tell yourself , nothing complicated in that, just that one statement is your salvation.

Islam is easy as well, do not try to over think it. Just remember this hadith each time :ia:

On the authority of Abi Abdillah Jabir ibn Abdillah al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with both of them) who said: “A man asked the Prophet (sallaAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam), “Tell me if I were to perform the obligatory [prayers], fast in Ramadhan, treat the lawful as permissible and treat the forbidden as unlawful and I do not add anything to that, would I enter Paradise?” He [the Prophet (:saws1:)] answered, “Yes”. [Recorded by Muslim]

The meaning of “treat the forbidden as unlawful” is to stay away from it and the meaning of “treat the lawful as permissible” is to perform them believing that they are permissible.

Visit here for commentary: https://hadithcommentary.wordpress.com/nawawi/hadith22/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
10-31-2016, 08:31 PM
It has to do with worship.. that is where it all started. Now it has spread unto my whole understanding of Islam.

I know Islam is truth, worship is only and solely for Allah alone. To accept Islam in its entirety, i.e. The Quran and the Sunnah, etc. Accept what is lawful as lawful, and unlawful as unlawful. Only then is one a Muslim.

I feel uneasy in Islam. I feel I am not trying enough. And when I do, I fear falling into shirk........

Allahu alam. I guess I will just ignore it. But I then feel as if I am ignoring Islam.

aaj
10-31-2016, 09:18 PM
Inshallah try to dismiss it if you can. Also check out related readings to it here: https://islamqa.info/en/cat/2022

*charisma*
11-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Assalamu Alaikum
@Serenity Ever heard the story "If you give a Mouse a cookie?" :D

piXie
11-01-2016, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

I've been struggling to stay upon Islam. But I get constant waswass on Tawheed, and the purity of Tawheed. And what makes one a Muslim..

I know Islam is simple, and easy. That Islam is basically Qur'aan and Sunnah. Nothing else. Believe 100% in these 2 things, and hold tight. And you are good.

While Islam is easy. I feel overwhelmed by the constant anxiety. And sometimes I doubt whether I am Muslim.(I know the requirements - but I feel it is mentally exhausting to keep checking myself - my beliefs)

It is basically Tawheed of Worship
:wasalamex

You are a Muslim constantly trying to fight these waswaas - and this is a sign of your Eeman.

You have a sworn enemy on your door trying to get take away everything from you. What are you doing practically to protect yourself and your most valuable assets?

Have you secured your fortress and do you secure your fortress every day morning and evening? Check yourself.

Do you try to fight him yourself or do you call the high authority to take care of him? Check yourself.

Check yourself and how your day is spent. Ask yourself how long will you continue like this and what this anxiety will do to you in the long run?

“Whoever says:
لا اله الا الله وحده لا شريك له، له الملك وله الحمد، وهو على كل شيء قدير

la ilaha ila Allah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahu al-mulk wa lahu al-hamd, wa huwa `ala kulli shay’in qadir

There is no god but Allah, alone, without partner. His is the sovereignty, and His the praise, and He has power over everything

100 times a day will have a reward equivalent to the reward for freeing 10 slaves. Also, 100 deeds will be recorded for him & 100 bad deeds of his will be wiped off, & it will be a safeguard for him from Satan that day until evening, & no one will be better in deeds than such a person except he who does more than that.” [Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, Nasa’i and Ibn Majah]

You need to read this abundantly (100+) Also start surah Al baqarah, as we know that the shaytaan cannot enter the house wherein this surah is recited. If you cannot read all of it every day, then read it every 3 days. If you cannot do that, then at atleast listen to it every day. Start somewhere and slowly build up. We need to use the tools that Allah has provided for us and have out defences up all the time. This is a serious matter.

May Allah help you to overcome this. Aameen

talibilm
11-01-2016, 02:35 PM
:sl:

Brother as said in post # 8 this is a sign of eeman. It did happen to me in teens as i used to tell about Islam to non muslim friends might be Iblis was most upset with me and SO might be your case too, Do not worry Relax on a terrace watching all those Stars and speak to Allah humbly in low voice and do the same when you are alone in the Masjid, Allah knows your difficulties and guides his believers AT HIS APPOINTED TIME SO NEVER BE IN HASTE WHICH THE SHAITAN WANTS. Allah created us from nothing and made us strong and will make us return again to a weaker position and into nothing (to our eyes) and Allah will resurrect us from this same place . Be sure the Creator Will do all this and we will meet him on the DOJ.

talibilm
11-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Brother read this Dua after every salah inshallah http://legacy.quran.com/3/8

greenhill
11-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Remember that Syaitaan will find your weakest link in the chain that secures your eemaan. For quite a number of people, waswas. For some, frustrations on matters beyond their own control.. then there are those with fringe dissatisfactions.

I have gone through the phases. Yes, on one point I do ENTIRELY agree with you- That you, me, we and everyone could... we could DO more. We definitely could but somehow just don't.

We will regret those moments wasted when we leave dunya... I feel like crying as I write this but I know when I wake up in the morning the feeling will be gone...

In my step to not waste as much time, I do try to recite what little I know, surahs, dua, tasbih, salutation to the prophet, Istighfar and such like on daily basis.. like you, I know I will still regret.. not doing more!

So, in writing to you I also resolve to use waswas and laziness to make a note to improve the as best we could (remember, it is not about attaining perfection but about making that incremental step towards bettering oneself). On the other, combating laziness, to set aside some more time, spread throughout the day for more batches of duas and tasbih etc

Anyone know anything else recited that brings big benefit? Do share ;D

:peace:

Serinity
11-01-2016, 04:49 PM
I've started to recite Ayatul Kursi again. Morning and evening. Takes me max 1 min or so.

I do admit, I've been lazy with memorizing duas. The only one I know best is Ayatul Kursi.

All I care about is perfect understanding of Aqeedah. I try to seek the feelings I had when I had no doubt. Cuz this is NOT about doubts. But repetitive stuff.

The only option left is just to read Quran and have Allah bless me with understanding........ I do understand, but not enough.

Allahu alam.

OmAbdullah
11-01-2016, 09:04 PM
I've started to recite Ayatul Kursi again. Morning and evening. Takes me max 1 min or so.

I do admit, I've been lazy with memorizing duas. The only one I know best is Ayatul Kursi.

All I care about is perfect understanding of Aqeedah. I try to seek the feelings I had when I had no doubt. Cuz this is NOT about doubts. But repetitive stuff.

The only option left is just to read Quran and have Allah bless me with understanding........ I do understand, but not enough.

Allahu alam.

Respected brother in Islam,

Assalaamo alaikum.

You are mentioning the words Aqeedah, du'aa etc. But you are not mentioning the words salaat (obligated prayers 5 times aday). What about that??

After accepting the Tawheed and all articles of eemaan, we must start making daily -5 prayers. A Muslim man must make them in a Masjid. Also there are many fara'id= fara'iz= obligatory duties which must be performed..

Only Aqeedah is like putting a seed in soil and it never grows into a plant. Aqeedah + all obligatory duties are like the seed grows into a fruitful plant.

Salaat (5 prayers daily ) are so much important that without them the person is kaafir. Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam said; "Bena abd wa kufar salaat". It means that between a servant and unbelief is salaat. If salaat is taken out, then the servant and unbelief are together. Also according to another hadeeth shareef, on the Day of Accounting, (in case of Muslims) the first thing to be seen will be salaat (salaah). If the Muslim fails in the question about salaat, then the rest of his deeds will not be seen.

This hadeeth clearly means that in case a Muslim fails in the accounting of salaat, then he /she will be admitted to Hell. Thus punctuality in making daily prayers is essential for our protection from Hell.

Serinity
11-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I see both as equally important. Aqeedah without sallah is like intentions without actions.

Salah without Aqeedah, is like actions with bad/no intentions. you know what I mean?

I just feel like why does Allah make things hard for me. Why not easy ??????

Wa alaikum salam,

And Allah :swt: knows best.

piXie
11-04-2016, 07:47 AM
I just feel like why does Allah make things hard for me. Why not easy ??????
Allah desires ease for you, and He desires not hardship for you..... (2:185)

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ](2:45)

Who are certain that they will meet their Lord and that they will return to Him (2: 46)

May Allah make it easy for us all. Aameen

Hafiz Ikram
11-04-2016, 10:52 AM
I know remaining steadfast upon Deen is not that easy. But you should keep in mind that a human body is the most flexible thing. Once you get yourself accustomed to the daily prayers and reciting the Quran, it will become easy for you. The 1st month or so of practice is difficult. May Allah make it easy for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.