/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

mr2299muslim
11-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Salam to All;

My question is that i feel quite lazy all throughout the day and secondly sleep for atleast 9 hrs which is quite alot in this day and age which should be nearly 6hrs tops ideally;
Is there any dua to cure this laziness and oversleeping; and could u my brothers and sisters give me some general advice too

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Asalaamualaykum
When you sleep more than your body needs and that combined with tiredness during the day, its generally a lack of water intake.
You body gets dehydrated, you sleep, you wake up - the body continues to be dehydrated and you feel lazy.

Also remember we often confuse thirst for hunger and end of eating instead of drinking water.

Whatever amount of water you taking in, increase that and see if there is a difference.

Muslim Woman
11-02-2016, 08:55 AM
:wa:

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/32378

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=124724

Hafiz Ikram
11-02-2016, 11:29 AM
A human being is the most flexible and adaptable specie. I firmly believe that your sleep depends on your routine. If you sleep for 9 hours then your body will require 9 hours of sleep every day. Just try to sleep for 6 hours and after a month or so your body will automatically be accustomed to this routine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
11-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Salaams,

Come and move into our house. The nasty family from next door make so much noise day and night, all your sleep will disappear and you will end up working on auto pilot. I don't think I can remember when I had a proper night's sleep and that's with 2 sleeping pills every night and every herbal spray and balm under the sun!

I would be grateful to get 3 hours proper sleep a night but it's not possible.

Good luck.

Zeal
11-06-2016, 04:29 PM

noraina
11-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It could be exhaustion and tiredness which might have to be addressed by something other than more sleep - you might be thinking that's the only solution and the problem isn't being addressed.

Try exercising more, drinking more water, eating a more healthy diet, maybe you need to take part in something with engages and stimulates you, then inshaAllah you'll feel more active and energetic, inshaAllah.

Here's a dua I found:

Khalid bin Walid (radiAllahu anhu) reported that once he suffered from insomnia. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said to him, "Shall I teach you words that will make you go to sleep when you say them? Say (the below)":
[abu Dawud]

Allahumma Rabbas Samawaatis-Sab'i, wa ma adhal-lat, wa Rabbal-aradina, wa ma aqal-lat, wa Rabbash-Shaiateena, wa ma adhal-lat kun li jaran min sharri khalqika ajma'een ay-yafruta 'alaya ahad-um-minhum, aw ay-yatgha. Azza jaruk, wa tabarakasmuk

"O Allah! Lord of the seven Firmaments and whatever they cover, Lord of the seven earths and whatever they contain, Creator of the devils and whoever they mislead, Be my Protector from the evil of all Your Creatures lest some of them may hasten with insolence against me or transgress the bounds. Honoured is he who is in Your Protection and Blessed is Your Name."

kritikvernunft
11-06-2016, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mr2299muslim
Salam to All;
My question is that i feel quite lazy all throughout the day and secondly sleep for atleast 9 hrs which is quite alot in this day and age which should be nearly 6hrs tops ideally;
Is there any dua to cure this laziness and oversleeping; and could u my brothers and sisters give me some general advice too
Salaam to you to. It could be a medical issue. A list of possible medical causes:

http://www.medicinenet.com/fatigue/page2.htm

1. Metabolic/Endocrine: anemia; hypothyroidism; diabetes; electrolyte abnormalities; kidney disease; liver disease; Cushing's disease
  2. Infectious: infectious mononucleosis; hepatitis; tuberculosis; cytomegalovirus; HIV infection; influenza (flu); malaria and many other infectious diseases
  3. Cardiac (heart) and Pulmonary (lungs): congestive heart failure; coronary artery disease; valvular heart disease; COPD; asthma; arrythmias; pneumonia
  4. Medications: antidepressants; anti-anxiety medications; sedative medications; medication and drug withdrawal; antihistamines; steroids; some blood pressure medications; some antidepressants
  5. Psychiatric (Mental Health): depression; anxiety; drug abuse; alcohol abuse; Eating disorders (for example; bulimia; anorexia); grief and bereavement
  6. Sleep Problems: sleep apnea; reflux esophagitis; insomnia; narcolepsy; shift work or work shift changes; pregnancy; Extra night hours at "work"
  7. Vitamin Deficiencies: vitamin B12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, folic acid deficiency, iron deficiency
  8. Other: cancer; rheumatology illnesses such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus; fibromyalgia; chronic fatigue syndrome; normal muscle exertion; obesity; chemotherapy and radiation therapy

You can exclude most possible causes just by visual inspection. For example, you don't have systemic lupus, because you would see if if you had it. You don't have a kidney disease because you would notice it when going to the bathroom. And so on. That leaves us with just a small list of possible causes that do not have visible symptoms. You can probably have all of these possible causes tested in just one blood test. It is also possible, however, that the cause is medical, but that there is no test for it. This is impossible to know, because how could anybody test for that?

If nothing comes out of the blood test, there are lots of ways to change your diet and that will still boost your energy during the day:

http://www.nutritionist-resource.org...tiredness.html

• Cereal with yoghurt and fruit.
  • Whole grain bagels with cheese.
  • Scrambled eggs on toast with fruit.
  • Porridge with raisins.
  • Sliced hard-boiled eggs in whole wheat pita bread.
  • Whole grain toast with peanut butter and fruit.

Depending on the outcome of all of that, your doctor may also end up giving you an ultimatum on eating red meat and tell you that you should only eat fish and chicken (or other poultry). A medical ban on red meat is very common.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.