/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can information be negative?

revert1982
11-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Recently dreams have been indirectly having a huge huge impact on my life and future happiness, i beleive its purly down to websites that can leave the interpriter confused. Many of these sites can give you a good and bad interpritation of the same dream, i suppose its down to the fact your either a half full or half empty type of person.

With this in mind and dreams cropping up in posts all the time why is it so hard to find someone who can actually interpret dreams properly? Does anyone know of anyone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Salaam.

If u have a bad feeling after any dream , ask Allah to help u. Only Allah can help.

aaj
11-02-2016, 02:22 PM
True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

The same may be said of the miracles which appeared after the time of the Sahaabah. This did not happen during their time because they did not need them, due to their strong faith, but the people who came after them needed them (the miracles) because their faith was weak.

Dreams are of three types: rahmaani (those that come from Allaah), nafsaani (psychological, they come from within a person) and shaytaani (those that come from the Shaytaan). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: a dream from Allaah, a dream which causes distress and which comes from the Shaytaan, and a dream which comes from what a person thinks about when he is awake, and he sees it when he is asleep.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

read more here: https://islamqa.info/en/6537

format_quote Originally Posted by revert1982

Why is it so hard to find someone who can actually interpret dreams properly? Does anyone know of anyone?
To have your dreams interpreted islamically and not by any soothsayer, astrologer or some website is to ask a scholar who has specialized in this subject. There are also common signs known in Islam that can help you understand some of it yourself. For example, if you see a snake in your dream then it means you have an enemy wishing to harm you. If the snake harms you then that is what your enemy is doing to you.

According to a hadeeth narrated from Abu Razeen by al-Tirmidhi, he should not tell anybody about it except a very close friend who loves him very much, or who is very wise. According to another report, he should not talk about it except to one who is wise or one who is dear to him. According to another report, he should not tell of his dream except to a scholar or one who will give sincere advice. Al-Qaadi Abu Bakr ibn al-‘Arabi said: as for the scholar, he will interpret it in a good way for him as much as he can, and the one who will give him sincere advice will teach him something that will be of benefit to him and will help him to do that. The one who is wise is the one who knows how to interpret it and will tell him only that which will help him, otherwise he will keep quiet. The one who is dear, if he knows something good he will say it, and if he does not know or he is in doubt, he will keep quiet.

revert1982
11-02-2016, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

The same may be said of the miracles which appeared after the time of the Sahaabah. This did not happen during their time because they did not need them, due to their strong faith, but the people who came after them needed them (the miracles) because their faith was weak.

Dreams are of three types: rahmaani (those that come from Allaah), nafsaani (psychological, they come from within a person) and shaytaani (those that come from the Shaytaan). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: a dream from Allaah, a dream which causes distress and which comes from the Shaytaan, and a dream which comes from what a person thinks about when he is awake, and he sees it when he is asleep.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

To have your dreams interpreted islamically and not by any soothsayer, astrologer or some website is to ask a scholar who has specialized in this subject. There are also common signs known in Islam that can help you understand some of it yourself. For example, if you see a snake in your dream then it means you have an enemy wishing to harm you. If the snake harms you then that is what your enemy is doing to you.

According to a hadeeth narrated from Abu Razeen by al-Tirmidhi, he should not tell anybody about it except a very close friend who loves him very much, or who is very wise. According to another report, he should not talk about it except to one who is wise or one who is dear to him. According to another report, he should not tell of his dream except to a scholar or one who will give sincere advice. Al-Qaadi Abu Bakr ibn al-‘Arabi said: as for the scholar, he will interpret it in a good way for him as much as he can, and the one who will give him sincere advice will teach him something that will be of benefit to him and will help him to do that. The one who is wise is the one who knows how to interpret it and will tell him only that which will help him, otherwise he will keep quiet. The one who is dear, if he knows something good he will say it, and if he does not know or he is in doubt, he will keep quiet.
Salam, i hear you, its fimdimg such a scholar that is proving hard. I wish i could post an example of a dream i take as good yet the other party takes as bad but alas i can not.
InshAllah if anyone can direct to someone i would be eternaly greatfull. In the meantime please brothers and sisters keep me in your prayers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
11-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Salam, i hear you, its fimdimg such a scholar that is proving hard. I wish i could post an example of a dream i take as good yet the other party takes as bad but alas i can not.
InshAllah if anyone can direct to someone i would be eternaly greatfull. In the meantime please brothers and sisters keep me in your prayers
:wasalam:

If it is a bad dream then pray 2 rakah nawfils (voluntary prayer) and seek refugee in Allah from it and don't share with anyone. If it's something good then share with someone you really trust or just keep it to yourself if you like. If it's nothing of major concern then just it for it is and move on. If it's something that troubles you and is recurring and you need to find out more about it then reach out to your local imam and see if he knows anyone who can help you with. You can also reach out to mufti menk on FB, he has his own page, and ask him if he can help or know anyone who can.

Delete.
11-03-2016, 06:46 PM
A'salamu alaykum. Stop interpreting your dreams. What is important is to focus on your Ibadah, and not create fitna for yourself by becoming engrossed in what your dreams mean. Allah knows best.

فصيح الياسين
11-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Too hard .. gentlness gentleness

Hafiz Ikram
11-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Dreams come to every one and there are more than one and obvious reasons for this. Make sure you are not preoccupied by your dreams.

Supernova
11-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Recently dreams have been indirectly having a huge huge impact on my life and future happiness, i beleive its purly down to websites that can leave the interpriter confused. Many of these sites can give you a good and bad interpritation of the same dream, i suppose its down to the fact your either a half full or half empty type of person.

With this in mind and dreams cropping up in posts all the time why is it so hard to find someone who can actually interpret dreams properly? Does anyone know of anyone?
Asalaamualaykum:

Dream interpretation is an a very deep Islamic science. Even the greats like Imaam Malik used to go to Ibn Sireen to get the meaning. (There is the famous story about holding 5 fingers up - too long to type here), also - from the top of my head I can also remember that Imam Abu Hanifah got a famous dream of his interpreted. This is establishment that even great Ulema can lack the skills to in dream interpretation.

Where does that leave You ?

Well - this is what I do, I see all my dreams as a negative or a warning for me to better myself. Because i act upon that and try harder - i logically cannot be at loss. That means if the dream was bad and I felt is a warning to better myself - then as long as i act upon bettering myself, i still win.
If the dream was in reality a good dream in the islamic Science of dream interpretation and i still see it as a warning and better myself, then even-though i was incorrect in the meaning of the dream but i still acted and tried to make myself better - so i win again.

If you follow that logic above, you can never lose because every dream will be seen as a warning to better yourself, and that attempt to change will InshAllah earn the mercy of Allah.

So according to me - its a win win situation as long as you genuinely want to be better person in Islam irrespective of the real meaning of the dream.

Wasalaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.