/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meditation in islam

anonymous
11-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Hi,

I got a query regarding meditation. I have started meditating during the phase when I feel anxiety, tension or stress. It works for me but it also awakens orgasmic sensations in me. I am here to ask if islam allows this as it comes naturally making me feel very relaxed at end of meditation. Those audios tell you to breathe deeply and visualise relaxing scenes. My life can become stressful sometimes I notice myself becoming tense easily but this has helped me in becoming calmer and balanced. So what's islam says?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anam Amrin
11-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I am not too sure about what islam says about meditation but everytime I become anxious i listen to Quranic recitation and that works like wonders for me.

InToTheRain
11-02-2016, 06:04 PM
:salam:

I believe Meditation itself was derived from Muraqabah.

aaj
11-02-2016, 06:35 PM
:salam:

There are may types and forms of meditation. I don't know what kind of meditation you are doing that is giving you that experience but may be you should stop that? Normally all things in Islam are halal unless stated otherwise. And from the halal if something bad starts to become an outcome then that too can be forbidden in that circumstance. That experience in itself is not necessarily bad but in context of the situation it's not something you were aiming for nor something you should be going through. Why don't you try taking a break from it and come back to it and see if you still feel the same sensation. If so then try to isolate the cause of it and see what it is and then see how you can eliminate it.

Normally a Muslim listens to the Quran or read it to find peace. After all, Allah says "verily, in the remembrance of God hearts do find their rest. If you need healing of the heart then read the Quran as well. As it says: “And We send down from the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe...” (Quran 17:82)

And Salah is to find peace, wudu freshens one up and proper salah with khusu (calmness) will give you tranquility and peace. These two really are all the meditation a Muslim needs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Reminder
11-03-2016, 04:15 AM
When we say "Bismillah" that is a meditation.

Google yourself if you do not believe.

It is called a mini meditation.

Khadijah.Colin
11-08-2016, 06:57 PM
The adhan has a very calming effect on your body. Try it. Also listening to quran is all I need to be calm.

Anam Amrin
11-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Khadijah I personally love all your posts . I find them very encouraging and motivating .

Khadijah.Colin
11-09-2016, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anam Amrin
Khadijah I personally love all your posts . I find them very encouraging and motivating .
We are all here to encourage and motivate one another.

Khadijah.Colin
11-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Murqabah is stated in Quran and so there is no problem with that but with using the term meditation, we need to be careful. Meditation has ties with different cultural and other religious roots. It can easily lead to shirk and we must not practise. When people say meditation we imagine sitting crossed legged, connecting fingers and chanting "ommmm" this has no basis in islam and is not a means prescribed to bring yourself closer to Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.