/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to be silent are what?

raheela shaikh
11-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Assalamuallaikum

Speaking valuable or being silent is narrated in many hadiths. Hadiths and according to teachings of prophet Muhammad SAW silence is one of the good quality of believers. Can anybody help me how to be silent . I meant the beat ways to maintain silence

Jaxakallahi khairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
raheela shaikh
11-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Best ways to maintain silence ?

czgibson
11-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Greetings,

Keeping your mouth shut?

Peace

charmanthala
11-02-2016, 09:24 PM
The best way to maintain silence is to think to yourself "Is what I have to say beneficial?" "Can I actually benefit this conversation?" "Will I be teaching them something they don't already know, and will the information I tell them stick with them?"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
فصيح الياسين
11-03-2016, 02:00 AM
With girls and silence no match.... (joking)

talibilm
11-03-2016, 04:35 AM
:sl: The hadith said '' And anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quite (i.e. abstain from all kinds of dirty and evil talks)."

So you need not necessarily be ONLY SILENT but can talk what ever is good but if there comes a evil topic just shun , move away or just close your ears so that the opposite party knows how much you hate it and he stops it by which you will get rewards of stopping a bad thing like back biting. Tell them the sins of backbiting and tell you does not want to listen that does not concern you , which is a trait of a Muhmin (devout Muslim) as in a hadith and also this hadith is not to be overlooked.

''................The Prophet then said, "(O people!) Save yourselves from the (Hell) Fire even if with one half of a date fruit (given in charity), and if this is not available, then (save yourselves) by saying a good pleasant friendly word." (sahih Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 52)

Kiro
11-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Pretend you're a ninja

Talk about good and breathing might help

Don't let emotions over take you

noraina
11-03-2016, 11:39 AM
What's most difficult is remaining silent in a moment of anger. SubhanAllah, this is so emphasised in hadiths as a very desirable quality for a Muslim, but so hard to work on and uphold...

Keeping your mouth shut in a moment of anger can be harder than moving a mountain, lol, from personal experience.

May Allah swt guide us all to beautify our speech and speak only what is the truth. Ameen.

Kiro
11-03-2016, 11:44 AM
maybe you should visualize your anger as a small puppy

noraina
11-03-2016, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
maybe you should visualize your anger as a small puppy
Or a kitten...a persian kitten.

Kiro
11-03-2016, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Or a kitten...a persian kitten.
or a flat blob

greenhill
11-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Words spoken cannot be unspoken.

Think well. Do well. Say well.

If you can't, remember to ask yourself how do you expect Allah to be forgiving if you are not? Or patient. . . Or whatever. . .

In displaying noble nature, fair, charitable, trustworthy, patient and forgiving, but upright and firm etc (very difficult to be complete) but if muslims displayed these characteristics it will be really inviting for the onlookers.. what are fantastic community. Is is almost self govern because Allah is Watching . .

I digress...

:peace:

M.I.A.
11-03-2016, 05:22 PM
easiest way is to not be there in the first place.

although i assume thats the reason why most people are offensive at the very least.. down right lethal at other times.

Delete.
11-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Wa alaykum a'salam. There is some good advice on here, especially from the Ahadeeth that the brother posted. RasoolAllah salaAllahu alayhi wa salam also said "Speak a good word or remain silent" (Muslim)

Count to 5 in your head before you reply, and remember that you don't have to comment or argue about everything, even if you know the other person is wrong. And always make the intention of Jihad an-Nafs. May Allah reward you.

M.I.A.
04-08-2017, 06:37 PM
i knew a butcher once and he told me the world wont let you remain silent..

it upset me immensely because i never wanted any part of it..

and i have great difficulty articulating myself.

couldnt put a sentence together infront of most people.

jameelash
04-16-2017, 06:37 PM
When one want to be silent let him or her say salat silently

Zeal
04-17-2017, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
Great post!

aaj
04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
you mean dhikr (remembrance of Allah)?

That is the best way to go and how pious people go about it.

Abz2000
04-17-2017, 05:10 PM
I think I've said enough for now, pulling out my sim chip right now,
Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmat Allahi wa barakaatuhu,
I pray that Allah helps, assists, and gives victory and success to those who sincerely and truthfully strive to establish justice according to the commands of Allah the most wise and I pray that Allah helps none against them.
You's can converse without worrying about water being fire and fire being water now inshaAllah - unless it's someone else lol. ;)

azc
04-17-2017, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Keeping your mouth shut?

Peace
Is it really possible.....?

Finding MEMO
04-18-2017, 12:01 AM
Your staying silent because you don't want your tongue to utter words that can cause pain or discomfort to someone else.

I try to use the following for both calming my anger and taming my temper in order to hold my tongue:
أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ

“Aaoozu Billahe Minashshaitan Nirrajeem”

English Translation:
“I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan”. (Mishkat and Hisnul Hasin)

The following duas are also recommended for Anger Control:

Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Verse #153

Recite this verse to have patience and get rid of your anger

“Ya Ayyo Halladina ‘AmanoosTa’noo Bissabr Wassalat Inna Lillaha M’assabereen”

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ
O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly! Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones,

Surah Al- Baqrah Ayat #153

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ
“Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo istaAAeenoo bialssabri waalssalati inna Allaha maAAa alssabireena”

Surah Al-Isra – Verse #19

وَمَنْ أَرَادَ الْآخِرَةَ وَسَعَىٰ لَهَا سَعْيَهَا وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَـٰئِكَ كَانَ سَعْيُهُم مَّشْكُورًا
Waman arada alakhirata wasaAAa laha saAAyaha wahuwa muminun faolaika kana saAAyuhum mashkooran

Dominating your anger is a sign of a good strength of one’s personality. If you dare to control your anger you are really a winner.

“A man said to the Prophet SallALLAHU Alayhe Wasallam, ‘Give me advice.’ The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, ‘Do not get angry.’ The man asked repeatedly and the Prophet answered each time, ‘Do not get angry.’”

The Prophet SallALLAHU Alayhe Wasallam always says that the powerful man is not the one who can wrestle but he is one who can control himself at the time of anger.

Allah swt is with the patient.

Grandad
04-28-2017, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Is it really possible.....?
M, m m mm mmm.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.