/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate fat

فصيح الياسين
11-02-2016, 07:16 PM
My question is frm European American muslims tht do they eat chocolate? ?
Cuz in chocolate fat is used.. so which animal.fat is used. I heard If they use pig then haram. If sheep and cow. Then also.its haram due to slaughtered by non muslims as per islamic law..
So i want to knw about it.. and i love to each chocolates

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
11-02-2016, 08:09 PM
EU countries, different chocolate products and raw materials have their own rules, which they must meet, that they can be called chocolate. Chocolate may contain no more than 5 per cent of vegetable fats other than cocoa butter. Animal fat contained in chocolate may be produced only milk or milk products, such as butter.

Well, milk is halal. Right? If you eat chocolate made in somewhere else, you better contact to the chocolate maker and ask this matter from there. "I heard" cause only problems as what you have heard might be hoax and rumor.

ardianto
11-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Chocolate made from cacao, milk, and sugar. Fat in chocolate come from cacao and milk, not added from other source.

فصيح الياسين
11-03-2016, 01:52 AM
I am still unsure about it. In our country its Islamic country alhumdulillah so here no problems with chocolates but recently my aunt went to britan and brought chocolate with her of Swedish company.. so i was reading its ingredient and saw fat.. though i already heard bad rumours of fats tht sources of fats are not good in non islamic countries

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
raheela shaikh
11-03-2016, 04:58 AM
As being studying doctrate as far i know amimal fats are known as lipids and higher carboxylic acid .so the ingredients info or nutrient info if contains lipids or fatty carboxylic acid its surely animal fat otherwise its natural fat of milk itself

ardianto
11-03-2016, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
I am still unsure about it. In our country its Islamic country alhumdulillah so here no problems with chocolates but recently my aunt went to britan and brought chocolate with her of Swedish company.. so i was reading its ingredient and saw fat.. though i already heard bad rumours of fats tht sources of fats are not good in non islamic countries
I think you looked at the wrong column. That's not ingredients information, but nutrition facts like this

Nutrition facts does not refer to the ingredients that used to make the food, but refer to nutrition that contained in the food like calories, protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamin, etc.

From what I know chocolate producers do not add fat, because cocoa beans and milk that used to make chocolate already contain fat.

noraina
11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

To be honest I've never heard of chocolate actually containing animal fat, and I'm from the UK. It may be a rumour, they tend to circulate round the Muslim community every few years or so about a much-loved and favourite brand. KitKat, Galaxy, once even Cadbury Dairy Milk supposedly contained pork products :hiding:.

They do put in milk, butter, ect, that's where all the fat comes from.

I'd be more concerned about chocolate containing alcohol, although even that's not a problem with most regular brands alhamdulillah.

فصيح الياسين
11-03-2016, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

To be honest I've never heard of chocolate actually containing animal fat, and I'm from the UK. It may be a rumour, they tend to circulate round the Muslim community every few years or so about a much-loved and favourite brand. KitKat, Galaxy, once even Cadbury Dairy Milk supposedly contained pork products :hiding:.

They do put in milk, butter, ect, that's where all the fat comes from.

I'd be more concerned about chocolate containing alcohol, although even that's not a problem with most regular brands alhamdulillah.
Thanks for clarification but now its my heart.... it dont allows me still so cant
eat it then...

noraina
11-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks for clarification but now its my heart.... it dont allows me still so cant
eat it then...
Whatever you're comfortable with, akhi.

I'd need some pretty hardcore evidence to make me give up chocolate, lol.

sister herb
11-03-2016, 03:48 PM
If you know that chocolate was from the Swedish manufacturer, contact to there and ask.

Here are all (the biggest) Swedish chocolate companies:

Candelia
Cloetta
Cloetta Fazer Sverige AB
Cloetta Suomi Oy
Kraft Foods Sverige (Marabou)
Mondelez International Sverige
Nordchoklad
Willys

(Google helps you to find their homepages and emails to the consumer services.)

فصيح الياسين
11-03-2016, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
If you know that chocolate was from the Swedish manufacturer, contact to there and ask.

Here are all (the biggest) Swedish chocolate companies:

Candelia
Cloetta
Cloetta Fazer Sverige AB
Cloetta Suomi Oy
Kraft Foods Sverige (Marabou)
Mondelez International Sverige
Nordchoklad
Willys

(Google helps you to find their homepages and emails to the consumer services.)
Thanks fr this..

فصيح الياسين
11-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Whatever you're comfortable with, akhi.

I'd need some pretty hardcore evidence to make me give up chocolate, lol.
Hahaha same as u Muslim sister i need hard evidence frm.ulema of europe to eat it.. or else bye bye to europeon chocolates

piXie
11-03-2016, 06:10 PM
:sl:

Best to avoid when in doubt and you will be saved from a lot of the other harmful ingredients they have in there too in shaa Allaah. Resisting chocolate is difficult, it's a good idea to buy the raw cocoa powder n making a drink with it when you feel like chocolate and it should take away any chocolate cravings. It's a much healthier n delicious option plus highly antioxidant.

فصيح الياسين
11-04-2016, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:sl:

Best to avoid when in doubt and you will be saved from a lot of the other harmful ingredients they have in there too in shaa Allaah. Resisting chocolate is difficult, it's a good idea to buy the raw cocoa powder n making a drink with it when you feel like chocolate and it should take away any chocolate cravings. It's a much healthier n delicious option plus highly antioxidant.
Seems like i am not alone in chocolate love.....

Aisha
11-05-2016, 05:14 AM
It's always best to look for the 'Suitable for Vegetarians' sign and check the ingredients for any mention of alcohol.
If it's suitable for vegetarians, it won't contain any animal fats. And if it doesn't contain alcohol either, you're good to go. You can always call or email the manufacturers if you want to be doubly sure.

P.s. I'm from the birthplace of Cadbury (we even have Cadbury World) and I'm still heartbroken that the Americans bought it and changed the recipe. Grrr.

noraina
11-05-2016, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
P.s. I'm from the birthplace of Cadbury (we even have Cadbury World) and I'm still heartbroken that the Americans bought it and changed the recipe. Grrr.
Me too :( I should have gotten over it by now but...

Aisha
11-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Me too :( I should have gotten over it by now but...
I don't think we'll ever get over it. [emoji20] feels like we lost a big chunk of our heritage.. as well as our favourite chocolate.

فصيح الياسين
11-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Thanks alot for clarification for the chocolate fat. As it waa really written milk fat and was of mondelz international special thanks to sister herb and muslim sister noriana. And brother andrino..
I ate foreign chocolate after four to five years due to these rumors.. also i gave one piece of it to my only friend and he is alim too and.he also fond of European chocolates too... جزاكم الله أحسن جزا

hisnameiszzz
11-06-2016, 07:56 PM
I highly doubt they would put actual animal fat in chocolates these days. A lot of people have started eating healthily and are trying to stay away from animal products.

Look for the "suitable for vegetarian" sign as this confirms no animal products to be inside the chocolate - other than milk and cream etc.

If you want to be one hundred per cent sure there are no animal derivatives in chocolate, go for vegan chocolate. It costs a lot more but it guarantees to animal products in them. One of my colleagues is vegan and he showed me the chocolates he can eat - it's about £15 for 15 little chocolates.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.