/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop missing school?

Mustafa16
11-03-2016, 02:23 PM
I am 17, in the 12th grade, and I have already missed school several times this semester due to feeling sick in the morning....today, I was sick, and I missed school, and my mother left for work early in the morning before I became sick, and when I called her to tell her I was missing school, she got very mad and refused to let me stay home, and said she was telling my father....My father is very distant from me, as he is divorced and hardly visits me...last he visited me was a year ago.....he only talks by phone.....he hasn't talked to me (except to yell at me) the past 3 days, and now he won't talk to me even more.....yesterday, he called me just to yell at me.......my mom is very mad, and doesn't believe I am sick, but I called my therapist because i felt panicked that I was going to jail for truancy....because my mom won't excuse my absences.....he assured me i wouldn't go to jail......and he said i don't sound like i'm faking it, and thinks, based on how im talking and the symptoms i described,that i am sick......but my mother wont pick up the phone, and i have a test tomorrow that we were going to study for today.......and im missing a lotof valuable instruction.....this keeps happening....i fearfor when i have a job, because my boss will likely fire me.....what should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
You can email your teachers and talk to them regarding your illness and the stuff you are going through. You can talk to your therapist about writing you a note or writing to your guidance counselor regarding your situation and she email your teachers about giving you leniency and accommodations in regards to this. A friend of mine is in college and going through the same anxiety and panic attack issues. Her therapist give her a excuse note to show to professors that basically says she needs to time and accommodations to her health, which allows her to work at her pace and turn in work late and take tests at later dates. And in this age of technology, the teachers should be able to email you your assignments and notes she share with the class.

Don't stress out too much brother, you can get the same health issue excuse for college as well and job. In job, by law they have to provide reasonable accommodations if a person needs it and the work with the person by giving them flexible work schedule and manageable work load to work with.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.