/* */

PDA

View Full Version : There are so many people in this forum crying for help/feeling low/suicidal...

Snow
11-04-2016, 05:51 PM
... I wonder what is going on?
Maybe there could be a collective positive thread?

Just to start it off:

4:29
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

.... And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful.

2:195

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.

Please add some more, if it may help some of the ones that are feeling low

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
11-04-2016, 06:07 PM
:salam:

I was thinking the same thing, which is why i created this thread last night.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...s-anxiety.html

sister herb
11-04-2016, 06:24 PM
It´s a good thing that here is this forum where people whose are in a great pain for some reason can find help and support. Sometimes only sharing your sorrow with others may help.

Snow
11-04-2016, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj

I was thinking the same thing, which is why i created this thread last night.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...s-anxiety.html
Great one.
There have been so many posters that seem to be really feeling down, lately.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snow
11-04-2016, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
It´s a good thing that here is this forum where people whose are in a great pain for some reason can find help and support. Sometimes only sharing your sorrow with others may help.
I often wonder as the posters that seem to be feeling the worst are guests/inactive, so hopefully they got their help

فصيح الياسين
11-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Frm days it got my concern too.. may allah ease our pains and save us frm his test with aafiyah ameen

Delete.
11-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Narrated Jarir bin Abdullah, "I have given a pledge of allegiance to Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) to testify that none has the right to be worshiped but Allah, and Muhammad is His Apostle, to offer prayers perfectly, to pay Zakat, to listen to and obey (Allah and His Prophet's orders), and to give good advice to every Muslim." Sahih al-Bukhari, 2157

There are many similar Ahadeeth. Alhamdulilah that we have a place here that the Ummah can seek advice and give advice to each other.

hisnameiszzz
11-04-2016, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I am so glad I found this forum. I literally did not have anyone to speak to or talk about my problems in an Islamic manner. My brain was going crazy because it genuinely felt like there was a beast in my head contradicting all my normal thoughts.

I've found Imams to be quite self centred and not have any time for people (I contacted ten and got a response from one!) so was unsure if I should have gone to the local Church (my friend said the Priest makes time for everyone regardless of religion). Had it not been for the good folk of IB, I would probably have killed myself by now.

Thankfully, I think I am finally on the mend now and I am beginning to start embracing Islam again - I will post about it at some point. But like I said, if it was not for my "help me", "advise me" threads, the few sisters who took me under their wing (via messages online - nothing rudey dudey or fruity may I add), I would have lost my Islam completely by now and quite possibly, my life too.

Thank you to everyone and people if you are suffering, feel free to post as much as you want. It's called advice and support for a reason.

Snow
11-04-2016, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Thank you to everyone and people if you are suffering, feel free to post as much as you want. It's called advice and support for a reason.
Awesome post, brother.

muslim brother
11-04-2016, 10:50 PM
ive been a bit ill and a bit busy
,i will be busy again next week

inshallah will try to advise

im also connecting to different orgs around the u.k too.

talibilm
11-05-2016, 01:45 AM
:sl:
There could be a informal Counsel sec like '' Need to talk to relieve you ? '' or something like that where we can give our attention always . This is a GREAT VIRTUE to sooth someone in pain & trouble which Allah likes and rewards much.

The Prophet then said, "(O people!) Save yourselves from the (Hell) Fire even if with one half of a date fruit (given in charity), and if this is not available, then (save yourselves) by saying a good pleasant friendly word "

Delete.
11-05-2016, 01:48 AM
^ Yes, there should be an Islamic Board Telegram group for emergencies, like if someone is feeling 'suicidal' or needs support ASAP.

islamirama
11-05-2016, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
^ Yes, there should be an Islamic Board Telegram group for emergencies, like if someone is feeling 'suicidal' or needs support ASAP.
I've suggested a chatroom before but it was dismissed as being more fitna then beneficial. We used to have chatrooms with mods back in early 2000s.

Delete.
11-05-2016, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I've suggested a chatroom before but it was dismissed as being more fitna then beneficial. We used to have chatrooms with mods back in early 2000s.
It would have to be a very organised chat, with active mods, in order to avoid the fitna. And it should only be used for emergencies, because (I think) people who commit suicide, it is mostly an impulsive decision, but I could be wrong. I don't know.

aaj
11-05-2016, 03:19 AM
It's very important to have easy reach out access for people going through such ordeals in their lives. I'm in contact with such a person whom i had to talk out of suicide a number of times. It's not something that they think about once on impulse but rather that they come to it again each time they are going through an episode or after it. They often don't see the point of living nor the worth or value of their lives. They see their lives as empty and taking up space.

There are dealing with anxiety islamic articles out there with comments filled with people saying how they suffer from it. Here's one example but the theme and thought of suicide is similar for all

Salaam. I’ve been depressed for about 10 years and I’ve been feeling suicidal for the past 5 or 6 years. I’m 29 and so fed up of living. i wish Allah hadn’t created me. I hate being alive. I think i am will go to hell in the end anyway so why not kill myself now. If Islam didnt say anything about suicide I would have taken my life years ago but unfortunately it is haraam so i must carry on living my pointless, empty life.

i dont want to marry, i hate myself. i wish i could live alone in alaska and never see another person. im trapped here in the UK. I just hate who i am and i wish Allah had never created me. i’m so tired of living. how on earth am i going to survive another 5 decades of life when i already feel so fed up of it?!

perhaps Allah will forgive suicide? its not as bad as shirk so maybe Allah will forgive it?

Roha Shama
11-05-2016, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow

Just to start it off:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

.... And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.

I'm one of them but i'm not actually wanting to do suicide,it's just at times i think of cutting myself,i do realize it's forbidden and is also haram so that's what's holding me back from doing it you know,but i feel like there's no hope for me because of my anxiety and problems my Imaan is just too low right now...i was given a Islamic book as a gift from a wonderful friend who understands me a bit it was Faizan E Sunnat

Supernova
11-05-2016, 09:08 AM

Just to start it off:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Asalaamualaykum:

It is actually good that these people come out with their problems. Imagine if they didnt how lost they would be !

Maybe its best you give those posts a skip if you feel its getting you down. These people need help and support which is exactly why they writing about it.

Roha Shama
11-05-2016, 09:08 AM

Just to start it off:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

I'm one of them,i'm not exactly wanting to commit suicide,it's just at times i think of cutting myself,i do realize it's haram,that is what's keeping me from actually doing it,but at times i feel like i have no hope and Allah hates me that's why he put this burden on me i have extreme social anxiety and ocd as well,yes i'm also home schooled because of such problems.

I'm really confused right now,i don't know why this is happening to me and only me?none of my sisters have this nor my brother.

talibilm
11-05-2016, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roha Shama
I'm one of them,i'm not exactly wanting to commit suicide,it's just at times i think of cutting myself,i do realize it's haram,that is what's keeping me from actually doing it,but at times i feel like i have no hope and Allah hates me that's why he put this burden on me i have extreme social anxiety and ocd as well,yes i'm also home schooled because of such problems.

I'm really confused right now,i don't know why this is happening to me and only me?none of my sisters have this nor my brother.
:sl: Sster

Such thoughts are from Shaitan, the enemy of our Parents Adam & Eve and is our enemy about whom Allah has warned us several times in the Noble Quran.

Just Ponder What Allah said to his beloved Prophet :saws:

Some verses as food for thought in The Love of Allah Ar Rahman

Noble Quran ''O mankind, what has deceived you concerning your Lord, the Generous ?, Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion; ''

Qudsi Hadith: the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said that Allah says:

Whoever returns to Me, I accept him no matter how far he is;
and whoever turns away from Me, I approach him and call on him.
Whoever leaves a sin for my sake, I reward him with many gifts
and whoever seeks to please Me, I seek to please him.
Whoever acknowledges My Will and Power in whatever he does, I make the iron bend for his sake.
My dear people are those who are with Me (i.e. whoever would like to be with Me, let him supplicate to Me and remember Me).
Whoever thanks Me, I grant him more blessings;
whoever obeys Me, I raise him and endear him more.
Whoever disobeys Me, I keep the doors of My Mercy open for him;

if he returns to Me, I bestow him with My Love since I love those who repent and purify themselves for My Sake.

If he does not repent, I still treat him by putting them in hardship to purify him.

Whoever favors Me over others, I favor them over others.
I reward every single good deed ten times over or seven hundred times over to countless times over.
I count every single bad deed as one unless the person repents and ask for My Forgiveness in which case I forgive even that one.
I take into account any little good deed and I forgive even major sins.
My Mercy supersedes My Anger;
My Tolerance supersedes My Blame;
My Forgiveness supersedes My Punishment as I am more merciful with My slaves than a mother with her child.

Tabarani, and Bayhaqi in Shuab Al Iman

Serinity
11-05-2016, 03:39 PM

I do not think we should forbid people from posting about their problems. We should give out reminders, and knowledge about Allah, His commandments, etc.

The people who are in Hardship love Allah, they want to be with Allah, and I realise perhaps this is the best way to nourish our love for Allah, to make us realise that we need and love Allah.

Atm, I miss Allah. I pray everyday, but feel as if I am a little far from Allah.

Good advice helps the Muslims. It helps us all.

Allah :swt: knows best.

muslim brother
11-05-2016, 03:59 PM
the root of the problem in our society today stems from the inability and weaknesses of men.
weak and narrow scholarship,weak and uneducated men,and education does not mean degrees and a,levels ..b.s.c.,or even alim course etc
failure to adapt,to be ever improving and learning
lack of compassion and empathy and much more
we are in a mess because few real men are around now.
we have arrogant men ,insensitive men,proud men
and men just involved in power struggles,while our society and families fall apart

that is why my blog is strongly worded and straight to the point

http://ahmedpateldewsbury.blogspot.co.uk/

aaj
11-05-2016, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
the root of the problem in our society today stems from the inability and weaknesses of men.
weak and narrow scholarship,weak and uneducated men,and education does not mean degrees and a,levels ..b.s.c.,or even alim course etc
failure to adapt,to be ever improving and learning
lack of compassion and empathy and much more
we are in a mess because few real men are around now.
we have arrogant men ,insensitive men,proud men
and men just involved in power struggles,while our society and families fall apart

that is why my blog is strongly worded and straight to the point

http://ahmedpateldewsbury.blogspot.co.uk/
We don't need men bashing here, stop being a man hating feminist. That is not the root cause of the problem. The root problem here is the lack of islamic education and upbringing. Children are left to be raised by schools and friends outside the house and tv and games at home. The parents have neglected their islamic duty of teaching the kids their religion. When you have cultural parents who hardly practice Islam then how can they teach their own kids. When you don't have islam practice in your homes, then it becomes a home of the shayateen. Prophet (:saws1:) said pray in yours (and not just at the masjid) so it does not become a graveyard.

The cry for help we are seeing is from people who were not raised on Islam and were not taught the importance of Islam, so they were left on their own to deal with life problems. Many of these anxiety, depression and other similar issues stem from mental stress and not something that has to be fixed by medicine. These are diseases of the mind that the shaytan can inflict and sticking to the deen provides protection from such ailments. How many people do you know in the Muslim world suffering from such issues? While the west is riddled with it, there rarely any case in the Muslim world. Now we will probably see a lot because people have moved away from the deen. Those suffering from extreme anxiety disorders and such may need medicine and therapy, but for the majority of the people the solution is returning to the deen.

muslim brother
11-05-2016, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
We don't need men bashing here, stop being a man hating feminist. That is not the root cause of the problem. The root problem here is the lack of islamic education and upbringing. Children are left to be raised by schools and friends outside the house and tv and games at home. The parents have neglected their islamic duty of teaching the kids their religion. When you have cultural parents who hardly practice Islam then how can they teach their own kids. When you don't have islam practice in your homes, then it becomes a home of the shayateen. Prophet (:saws1:) said pray in yours (and not just at the masjid) so it does not become a graveyard.

The cry for help we are seeing is from people who were not raised on Islam and were not taught the importance of Islam, so they were left on their own to deal with life problems. Many of these anxiety, depression and other similar issues stem from mental stress and not something that has to be fixed by medicine. These are diseases of the mind that the shaytan can inflict and sticking to the deen provides protection from such ailments. How many people do you know in the Muslim world suffering from such issues? While the west is riddled with it, there rarely any case in the Muslim world. Now we will probably see a lot because people have moved away from the deen. Those suffering from extreme anxiety disorders and such may need medicine and therapy, but for the majority of the people the solution is returning to the deen.
jazakallah for the reply
please read my blog as i write about many issues there

mission2succeed
11-05-2016, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roha Shama

Sis this could be because you may have been inflicted with the evil eye or blackmagic.

mission2succeed
11-05-2016, 05:31 PM

Just to start it off:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

It is due to lack of deen and in many cases people are inflicted with the evil eye, black magic and jinn possession. And either they are totally unaware of this or choose to ignore this very fact.
Another thing I have noticed is many cry for help and then disappear so it makes you think why do they open the thread in the first place if they are not going to return to it.
Alhumdulilah there are many ways people can reach out for help nowadays this has become a lot easier so I don't think it is necessary to have an emergency telegram.

islamirama
11-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Study: Youth now have more mental health issues

By MARTHA IRVINE - January 11, 2010

(AP) -- A new study has found that five times as many high school and college students are dealing with anxiety and other mental health issues than youth of the same age who were studied in the Great Depression era

Overall, an average of five times as many students in 2007 surpassed thresholds in one or more mental health categories, compared with those who did so in 1938. A few individual categories increased at an even greater rate - with six times as many scoring high in two areas:

- "hypomania," a measure of anxiety and unrealistic optimism (from 5 percent of students in 1938 to 31 percent in 2007)

- and depression (from 1 percent to 6 percent).

Most current numbers may even be low given all the students taking antidepressants and other psychotropic medications, which help alleviate symptoms the survey asks about.

The study also showed increases in "psychopathic deviation," which is loosely related to psychopathic behavior in a much milder form and is defined as having trouble with authority and feeling as though the rules don't apply to you. The percentage of young people who scored high in that category increased from 5 percent in 1938 to 24 percent in 2007.

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...ll=1#post60212

فصيح الياسين
11-05-2016, 07:53 PM
الحمدلله الذي عافني ممن مبتلاهم بها وفضلني على كثير ممن خلق تفضيلا

Eric H
11-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Roha Shama;

I am so sorry to hear about your struggles in life, but there is always hope, you must never give up hope that Allah loves and cares for you, despite all your misgivings. I guess I am slightly older than you, so I am only 67, and I have constantly battled through life with two words, 'resilience and perseverance'.

Life just seems to constantly through one problem after another at you, and it seems you just need so much energy to keep battling back with loving kindness. One of my daughters is thirty five, she suffered from epilepsy from about the age of three, and she still regularly has seizures, often without warning. She missed a lot of school due to her condition, she has collapsed in the middle of roads, she is often covered in bruises, she has cracked teeth, and she recently dropped a kettle of boiling water down her legs. Despite all her problems, she is incredibly tough, she tells me that failure is only failure when you give up. I have watched her through life, and there were so many times she could have given up. She has lost many jobs due to her seizures, but she bounces back, she has now settled for being a cleaner in a school, because she has experienced stressful jobs that bring on her seizures.

I believe she is stronger than her older sister, who went through university, she is a midwife, and also teaches midwifery at the university.

i feel like i have no hope and Allah hates me
You may hate yourself, and if you hate yourself, you might think why should Allah like you? But Allah is not the same as you are, he is loving and merciful as talibilm replied to you, and you must trust this to be true.

I love this prayer.....

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire, If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfilment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a ! negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

In the spirit of never giving up hope in Allah.

Eric

Snow
11-06-2016, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum:

It is actually good that these people come out with their problems. Imagine if they didnt how lost they would be !

Maybe its best you give those posts a skip if you feel its getting you down. These people need help and support which is exactly why they writing about it.

Absolutely.
It is great that they talk about it, I guess you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
I am glad that they speak about their problems.
I'm just surprised how many forum member are dealing with serious problems and we should try to make sure to help them as we can.

hisnameiszzz
11-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Absolutely.
It is great that they talk about it, I guess you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
I am glad that they speak about their problems.
I'm just surprised how many forum member are dealing with serious problems and we should try to make sure to help them as we can.
See that's the thing Snow. This forum is the only place I had to articulate how I was feeling. Nowhere else.

I contacted numerous Imams but none got back in touch. It was a bit embarrassing to speak to them face to face so I did it via email and phone but not only one got back in touch with me by which time I'll be honest I had lost all faith. Someone mentioned there being loads of places to speak about their problems as in not on IB. I would love to know what these options are for my future reference.

Had it not been for a few shining stars on here I don't know where I would have ended up. They are complete strangers and always will be but they went out of their way and made time for me and kept in touch even though I was coming out with some incredible ridiculous things.

I hope all the people suffering are able to befriend someone on here who will help them see the light at the end of the tunnel and keep marching on towards it.

muslim brother
11-07-2016, 09:22 PM
salaams,as ive said previously,im nearly 50 years old,british born and bred
i have brought up 4 children now in their late teens and older in very difficult circumstances.
im available for advice .
i myself have experienced much in life
some solutions and my outlook on life and society are on my blog.

hisnameiszzz
11-07-2016, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
salaams,as ive said previously,im nearly 50 years old,british born and bred
i have brought up 4 children now in their late teens and older in very difficult circumstances.
im available for advice .
i myself have experienced much in life
some solutions and my outlook on life and society are on my blog.
Thanks for your kind offer. To be honest, I don't think there is much hope for me. I am damaged goods. I try to think positive but unfortunately I am stuck in a rut and I pray that I die soon sometimes.

My family is a waste of space, the only thing keeping me here is guilt and Mom's sad face which she knows exactly and when to do.

And the devil does not give up. I was feeling very empowered last week thinking "Islam here I come" but it seems like I am back at square one. He was whispering to me again last night saying "you are stupid and are completely wasting your time following Islam" and I believed him. *sigh and sad face*

Delete.
11-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your kind offer. To be honest, I don't think there is much hope for me. I am damaged goods. I try to think positive but unfortunately I am stuck in a rut and I pray that I die soon sometimes.

My family is a waste of space, the only thing keeping me here is guilt and Mom's sad face which she knows exactly and when to do.

And the devil does not give up. I was feeling very empowered last week thinking "Islam here I come" but it seems like I am back at square one. He was whispering to me again last night saying "you are stupid and are completely wasting your time following Islam" and I believed him. *sigh and sad face*
Here is the way I see it.. Giving up in this dunya is a sure way to earn the displeasure and punishment of Allah. You 100% know you will fail in Akhira if you lose hope and give up. But if you strive to keep overcoming your failures and difficulties, even if you aren't the best Muslim, at least there is still the 1% chance of success in the Akhira, and that is what you should hold on to. 1% hope for Jannah is much beyond that 100% surety of ending up in Jahannam. It doesn't have to be "Islam here I come", you don't have to do everything at once. Just take it by the moment. And hold tight because if you let go of this rope Allah has Mercifully given you, then all hope in the dunya and in Akhira will be lost, and surely you will regret it and it will be too late to come back. You don't have to grasp the rope, just hold on to it with your pinky at least. To be honest, most of us are damaged goods. Allah doesn't ask us to be perfect from the start, actually we are not expected to reach that level of Imaan at all. Allah knows that most of us are weak, and that is why we have so many opportunities in this Deen. You can murder someone and still have a chance for Jannah, versus the one who doesn't murder someone, doesn't commit zina, but goes through life having lost hope in Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala, and having disbelieved in Him, they have no chance for Jannah. Don't fall into this deception of the dunya, and the whispers of shaytan. We have been told countless times that these whispers are lies and deception, and yet we still ignorantly fall into it. Allah has told us that the only Truth in this dunya is His Book, the Qur'an. And he tells us not to lose hope, to repent when we sin, to be patient through the struggles, but we refuse to even listen, SubhanAllah, our Rabb is telling us Himself, listen to Me, obey Me, and you will be successful, and we arrogantly refuse.. Do you know why this dunya is so hard for the believers? It is because Jannah is something we have to work for and be worthy of. Allah roots out the believers from the disbelievers by these tests and trials, and this can only be done by putting us through so many calamities, so many difficulties, and so much anxiety that finally there are only two options. 1. Saying okay, I can get through this because one day I will meet my Lord and have to answer to Him, and I want to be in Jannah with Him. Or 2. Saying I give up. Put me in Jahannam. I don't believe anything can be worse than this dunya, and Allah has left me to fend for myself. We seek refuge in Allah from this mindset. Following Islam will never be a waste of time, because following Islam is the only way to be successful, in this dunya and in Akhira. Allah says that they (the kuffar) are walking on this Earth intoxicated. And by Allah, it is true. It is like walking through a cloud, a fog, and when you go back to Allah and Submit yourself to Him, you will see clearly. By Allah, it is a clarity of this dunya that only the believers can see. So when you face the difficulties in your life, be sure that Allah is testing your belief. So it is up to you if you want to be amongst the believers or not. And don't be sure that one day you will 'come back to Islam'. No. Come back now before Allah puts a veil on your heart, and you will surely be amongst the losers then. And whether you accept it or not, you will stand in front of your Rabb on a Day and you will have to tell Him the reason for your hopelessness in the dunya, our own limbs will testify against us, and no excuse will be accepted from us on that Day. SubhanAllah how terrifying.

aaj
11-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Allah says: “Call upon me; I will answer you.” [Sūrah Ghāfir: 60]

And He says: “Who is it that answers the one in need when he calls out?” [Sūrah al-Naml: 62]

And He says: “When my servant asks you about me, I am near. I answer the supplications of those who beseech me.” [Sūrah al-Baqarah: 186]

The Prophet was once asked: “Who are the best people?” He replied: “Those who live long and do the best deeds.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhī]

He also said: “None of you should ever wish for death. Never pray for it before it comes to you of its own accord. When you die, your deeds come to an end, and a believer’s life is never prolonged except for good.” [Sahīh al-Bukhārī and Sahīh Muslim]

Life is a blessing which Allah bestows upon the living. It was the Prophet’s habit that when he woke up, he would thank Allah and say: “Praise be to Allah who revived us after causing us to die and to Him is the final gathering.” [Sahīh al-Bukhārī and Sahīh Muslim]

:ia: check this out:

Islam Teaches Us To Never Lose Hope!
http://howtobeahappymuslim.com/?p=422

muslim brother
11-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Here is the way I see it.. Giving up in this dunya is a sure way to earn the displeasure and punishment of Allah. You 100% know you will fail in Akhira if you lose hope and give up. But if you strive to keep overcoming your failures and difficulties, even if you aren't the best Muslim, at least there is still the 1% chance of success in the Akhira, and that is what you should hold on to. 1% hope for Jannah is much beyond that 100% surety of ending up in Jahannam. It doesn't have to be "Islam here I come", you don't have to do everything at once. Just take it by the moment. And hold tight because if you let go of this rope Allah has Mercifully given you, then all hope in the dunya and in Akhira will be lost, and surely you will regret it and it will be too late to come back. You don't have to grasp the rope, just hold on to it with your pinky at least. To be honest, most of us are damaged goods. Allah doesn't ask us to be perfect from the start, actually we are not expected to reach that level of Imaan at all. Allah knows that most of us are weak, and that is why we have so many opportunities in this Deen. You can murder someone and still have a chance for Jannah, versus the one who doesn't murder someone, doesn't commit zina, but goes through life having lost hope in Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala, and having disbelieved in Him, they have no chance for Jannah. Don't fall into this deception of the dunya, and the whispers of shaytan. We have been told countless times that these whispers are lies and deception, and yet we still ignorantly fall into it. Allah has told us that the only Truth in this dunya is His Book, the Qur'an. And he tells us not to lose hope, to repent when we sin, to be patient through the struggles, but we refuse to even listen, SubhanAllah, our Rabb is telling us Himself, listen to Me, obey Me, and you will be successful, and we arrogantly refuse.. Do you know why this dunya is so hard for the believers? It is because Jannah is something we have to work for and be worthy of. Allah roots out the believers from the disbelievers by these tests and trials, and this can only be done by putting us through so many calamities, so many difficulties, and so much anxiety that finally there are only two options. 1. Saying okay, I can get through this because one day I will meet my Lord and have to answer to Him, and I want to be in Jannah with Him. Or 2. Saying I give up. Put me in Jahannam. I don't believe anything can be worse than this dunya, and Allah has left me to fend for myself. We seek refuge in Allah from this mindset. Following Islam will never be a waste of time, because following Islam is the only way to be successful, in this dunya and in Akhira. Allah says that they (the kuffar) are walking on this Earth intoxicated. And by Allah, it is true. It is like walking through a cloud, a fog, and when you go back to Allah and Submit yourself to Him, you will see clearly. By Allah, it is a clarity of this dunya that only the believers can see. So when you face the difficulties in your life, be sure that Allah is testing your belief. So it is up to you if you want to be amongst the believers or not. And don't be sure that one day you will 'come back to Islam'. No. Come back now before Allah puts a veil on your heart, and you will surely be amongst the losers then. And whether you accept it or not, you will stand in front of your Rabb on a Day and you will have to tell Him the reason for your hopelessness in the dunya, our own limbs will testify against us, and no excuse will be accepted from us on that Day. SubhanAllah how terrifying.

:ma:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.