/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Salaam Alaikum anyone here in the United States or know the Visa Marriage Laws ?

truthseeker63
11-05-2016, 10:11 AM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is Am I allowed by law in the United States of America to sponsor or invite a Spouse a Immigrant to Marry so she can buy or get a Visa if I am disabled I have a lower income and Aspergers Syndrome and I get SSDI from the Government I also have a Job I Work get Income from this Company I work at I heard in order to sponsor a Sppouse I must have a high income or not get State money what if she works too or my Family is Wealthy am I still not allowed are there no Exceptions at all thank you for your time ?

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...idavit-support

http://www.lawqa.com/qa/can-i-sponso...-am-unemployed

http://asl-lawfirm.com/blog/income-r...riage-visa-pro

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
11-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Wa alaykum a'salam.

Is there anyone who can answer this brother's question?

islamirama
11-08-2016, 05:11 AM
:wa:

I've been meaning to come back and answer this one. From the links you have given the information is pretty much the same.

1. You need stable income at a certain level above poverty line in order to sponsor someone
2. If you do not meet the requirement, you can add cash value of your property to it. [You may add the cash value of your assets. This includes money in savings accounts, stocks, bonds, and property. ]
3. If you still do not meet the requirement you can include the house holds with you [ You may count the income and assets of members of your household who are related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption. To use their income you must have listed them as dependents on your most recent federal tax return or they must have lived with you for the last 6 months.]
4. If you still can't do it then you can have a joint sponsor, someone else who will sponsor with you, but this may hurt you since it may show you do not have stable income to meet the requirements

Retirement benefits, VA benefits, Social Security retirement or disability are all good sources of earnings, but not SSI. Welfare payments can disqualify the U.S. citizen petitioner from immigrating a foreigner.

If your family is wealthy then that may work in your favor. If she has a job lined up here then that too can be used towards income count.

One thing though I must ask. You said "invite a spouse immigrant to marry". Which one is it? is she your spouse or do you have yet to marry her? Based on whether she is your fiance or spouse, the income requirements change as do other things might.

TL; DR
If you meet income requirements and listed criteria then you can bring her here. Given your circumstance, it might be wise to talk to an immigration lawyer. If you are interested in the procedure and doing it yourself, let me know. I do have a friend who just got his Japanese wife and kid here from Japan. I can check with him for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.