PDA

View Full Version : My Christian friend's expierences with a cross



Al Sultan
11-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Assalamo Alikum brothers and sisters.

Last week,i had a chat with my good Christian friend,(as we are still in high school and we are planning to go to the same university and same college and graduate together insha allah) and we were talking about religion,the prophets,the books,what it talks about (of course I avoided any subject related to the bible) and he told me how one time he experienced a "miracle" so I asked him: "What miracle?" he told me how one time he was sick,(I think in his middle school days if I remember correctly) for a few days,he took medication and everything and he was still sick,he told me how sick he felt,he couldn't move from his bed,he had headaches,he couldn't walk properly (as if he was drunk *sorry for the language there* ) and then his father took a cross 'which he had in his room' and he started reciting verses from the Bible,and then the next day he felt fresh and the sickness was gone.I thought he was joking but he swore to god that it happened.Now I know he's not lying because first,he's my best friend and we both care for each other and we respect each others faith and book,and he's a really trustful and nice guy if you knew him personally.And then he continued how it happened with his father too,his father is a doctor and one day he had an emergency,and it was an old woman who apparently had a heart attack.And in the operation room,he hovered the the cross over her and started to read biblical verses on her.For the next few hours he told me,she was fine to go.I knew he was trying to convince me to become a Christian...so I asked him if he was doing so,he was telling me no he wasn't,he's just sharing his experiences and what his father experienced .I am still suspicious on that subject and I feel like talking about it now,here,with you guys (since you're all awesome) now I know him very well,he knows me very well,he is a practicing Christian but he knows how knowledgeable I am about my faith, so of course we wouldn't get into a "Dr naik" type of debate or argument (as in we wouldn't state verses from the bible and the quran or just get into specific historic religious events) But I questioned,if us Muslims of course,we reject that Jesus was crucified,he wasn't,(now Christians please don't turn this into a debate,i do not want to debate or argue over this) but why would these miracles happen with the cross? (since we believe that Jesus wasn't crucified and I do not question that) I mean he is a faithful,christian,But still,i don't understand how all of these miracles happened with just a cross....is it Allah's mercy? or what is it exactly? how come the cross that he used helped him and his father in many situations?...it kept rolling around my mind and I still cant stop to think of it,of course I don't want to convert to Christianity or any of that (authu billah) but what do you guys think?? I personally think it's Allah's mercy,but still,the cross thing is still bothering me and its suspicious...sooo what do you think brothers and sisters?


Wa Assalamo Alikum Wa Rahmutillahi Wa Barakato.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
11-05-2016, 07:22 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Your question touches on two aspects, which I think as a Muslim are really important to understand to be able for you to know what happened. While it is true that God is All-Merciful and therefore God heeds the call of all his creation, I frankly don't think that's what happened with your friend. Let me contextualize this with broader understanding of what is shirk (idolatry) and what is not shirk (idolatry) and the Shaitaan (Satan).

As example, it is not shirk (idolatry) if we drink medicine to cure our sore throat, or if we bath using soap to make ourselves clean because we know all cure happens with the permission of Allah.

But it will be shirk (idolatry) and idiotic if we tie any inanimate object to our neck thinking that will protect us, whether that's a magic potion bottle or the cross or some weird amulet for evil eye.

Yet it is not shirk (idolatry) if we get treatment or halal (permissible) medicine from a doctor, dentist, surgeon, radiologist or pharmacist irrespective of whether the professionals are Muslims or non-Muslims.

But if it will be shirk (idolatry) if we get some Buddhist monk or Hindu monk or Christian priests to chant prayers for us; and similarly, it is also shirk (idolatry) when people of other faiths do it for themselves or their own faith groups like your friend's father had done for him.

As you know, there are truly pious Christian monks that believe in Trinity instead of calling on One God call to Jesus for cure and protection, and sometimes the exorcism has been reported to work. However, what usually happens is that shaitaan (satan) is appeased with the shirk (idolatry) that's being committed and so sometimes temporarily leaves off giving a headache and/or cures the person because the job and promise of shaitaan (saran) is to lead mankind astray and into not worshiping the One God.

Sometimes, it is Hindu priest lighting fire and chanting Sanskrit verses, that has resulted in cure of persons who were insane. Some satanists have gotten cured from haram (forbidden) treatments like sacrificing animal or rubbing blood, things which are clearly forbidden in all Abrahamic faiths.

If we read about Christian exorcism, the Christian priests will repeat many times the phrase that "Jesus is the son of God" (nauzubillah/God forbid). That is certainly shirk (idolatry), and the shaitaan (satan) will definitely be happy to see more humans going to the Fire unknowingly because they're committing shirk (idolatry).

Of course, it is tempting to get a quick cure and ignorantly recite verses that approach or comprise of shirk (idolatry) but remember Shaitaan (Satan) is very cunning and knowledgeable about how to lead human beings astray and therefore will use its own power given to Allah to cure the human body or mind with the intention that human beings then remain committing the shirk (idolatry) in which they unknowingly participated/perpetrated.

There are several newspaper report in Saudi Arabia where several magicians committed different types of shirk (idolatry) to get Shaitaan to help them with treatments. But when they were arrested by the religious police, the Shaitaan did not help them at all.

To understand ruqya and spiritual sickness, I highly recommend that you read the PDF books called Sword Against Black Magic & Evil Magicians and The Jinn and Human Sickness.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)
Reply

Eric H
11-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al Sultan;

Sadly Uncle Woodrow does not post much on this forum anymore. I seem to remember he was a Christian, then he became a Muslim. He said about experiencing a miracle cure after he became a Muslim, and I have no reason to doubt him at all. Do not feel disturbed about how God works, maybe send brother Woodrow a pm, he is still listed as being Admin on this forum.

http://www.islamicboard.com/members/7207.html

Ask him about his experience of what he called a miraculous healing. I can't remember how this topic came up in the thread, or what the thread was called, so I would not know how to provide a link for you, it was some years ago. God works in mysterious ways.

Blessings.

Eric
Reply

islamirama
11-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Is bro woody still around? He used to sit next to me in the masjid at Jummah time.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
keiv
11-06-2016, 12:11 AM
He moderates a religious section on a non religious board. He is quite active there if you want to make an account and give him a visit. I have to advise anyone who does happen to go there to be very careful about reading some of the posts there. Our atheist 'friends' don't seem to hold anything back on that website and surprisingly, Woodrow allows a lot of it. I don't have the patience he has and decided to stop going there. It's city-data.com. I was browsing that site because of possibly moving and to my surprise, I saw Woodrow there lol. It's too bad he doesn't post here more often though.
Reply

eesa the kiwi
11-06-2016, 08:17 AM
  • Ibn Mas'ud's wife Zaynab (RA) narrated that he saw on her neck a string and asked her, "What is this?" She replied, "It is a string on which a ruqyah was made for me." He cut it off her neck and said:
    "You, family of Ibn Mas'ud, are in no need for shirk. Truly, I heard Allah's Messenger (Peace and Blessing upon Him) say: 'Indeed, ruqa, amulets, and tiwala, are all acts of shirk.'
    She said, "Why do you say this? I was having spasms of pain in my eye; so I went to such and such a Jewish man, and whenever he treated it with ruqyah, it soothed it." He replied:
    "That is the doing of Satan. He (Satan) pinches it with his hand; and when the ruqyah is applied to it, he removes his hand. It would have been sufficient for you to say what Allah's Messenger (Peace and Blessing upon Him) used to say:
    'Athhib il-ba's, rabb an-nas, washfi ant ash-shafi, la shifa illa shifa uk, shifaan la yughadiru saqama.'
    Meaning: '— a cure that will not leave any sickness.' Recorded by Abu Dawud; judged hasan by al-Albani (Mishkat ul-Masabih no. 4552).


    dont fall for this trap of shaitaan, any cure done through an act of idolatry is not a cure at all. shaitaan hates us every single son and daughter of adam and he wants to see us burn for eternity. the best way he can attack us is through shirk as it is the one sin Allah will never forgive if someone dies in such a state. If he can cause a sickness in someone (i can refer you to a book called the jinn and human sickness if you want) and then remove his influence at a time shirk is performed he thereby confirms it in the hearts of those present as a "miracle" increasing their delusion and making them more steadfast in their idolatry.


Reply

Al Sultan
11-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Search
will use its own power given to Allah to cure the human body or mind

So it's basically that,Satan DOES have some power? but it's not powerful right? to make people stay in shirk and continue doing so,is that correct? but isn't that associating others with Allah? and Allah doesn't guide or bless those anything who associate others than him...and call other than him..
Reply

Al Sultan
11-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Okay,thanks brother,i'll be asking him ! :)
Reply

Supernova
11-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Assalamo Alikum brothers and sisters.

Last week,i had a chat with my good Christian friend,(as we are still in high school and we are planning to go to the same university and same college and graduate together insha allah) and we were talking about religion,the prophets,the books,what it talks about (of course I avoided any subject related to the bible) and he told me how one time he experienced a "miracle" so I asked him: "What miracle?" he told me how one time he was sick,(I think in his middle school days if I remember correctly) for a few days,he took medication and everything and he was still sick,he told me how sick he felt,he couldn't move from his bed,he had headaches,he couldn't walk properly (as if he was drunk *sorry for the language there* ) and then his father took a cross 'which he had in his room' and he started reciting verses from the Bible,and then the next day he felt fresh and the sickness was gone.I thought he was joking but he swore to god that it happened.Now I know he's not lying because first,he's my best friend and we both care for each other and we respect each others faith and book,and he's a really trustful and nice guy if you knew him personally.And then he continued how it happened with his father too,his father is a doctor and one day he had an emergency,and it was an old woman who apparently had a heart attack.And in the operation room,he hovered the the cross over her and started to read biblical verses on her.For the next few hours he told me,she was fine to go.I knew he was trying to convince me to become a Christian...so I asked him if he was doing so,he was telling me no he wasn't,he's just sharing his experiences and what his father experienced .I am still suspicious on that subject and I feel like talking about it now,here,with you guys (since you're all awesome) now I know him very well,he knows me very well,he is a practicing Christian but he knows how knowledgeable I am about my faith, so of course we wouldn't get into a "Dr naik" type of debate or argument (as in we wouldn't state verses from the bible and the quran or just get into specific historic religious events) But I questioned,if us Muslims of course,we reject that Jesus was crucified,he wasn't,(now Christians please don't turn this into a debate,i do not want to debate or argue over this) but why would these miracles happen with the cross? (since we believe that Jesus wasn't crucified and I do not question that) I mean he is a faithful,christian,But still,i don't understand how all of these miracles happened with just a cross....is it Allah's mercy? or what is it exactly? how come the cross that he used helped him and his father in many situations?...it kept rolling around my mind and I still cant stop to think of it,of course I don't want to convert to Christianity or any of that (authu billah) but what do you guys think?? I personally think it's Allah's mercy,but still,the cross thing is still bothering me and its suspicious...sooo what do you think brothers and sisters?


Wa Assalamo Alikum Wa Rahmutillahi Wa Barakato.

Asalaamualaykum:
Before i continue - i would highly recommend that you read the answer from "Search" first as it is very explanatory.

To give a simple understanding of this situation at question, we as muslims believe that everything comes from Allah SWT when he wants, how he wants to whom he wants.

When a miracle is performed by any other faith or even if a miracle happens to a layman from another another faith - We must understand that it is not the faith that earned the miracle but it is purely through the will of Allah SWT.

Example: A christian person used the cross and some shifa was granted to him. Focusing that the cross has brought the shifa is wrong, rather it is only through Allah SWT mercy that shifa granted. The cross has nothing to do with it.

Another way to look at it is : A muslim is has 2 eyes his christian friend has 2 eyes but the muslim wears glasses but the christian's eyesight is nearly perfect.
Now because the Christian is wearing a cross, you would agree it is far fetched to say that because of his cross his eyesight is perfect !!! All you would say in that situation is Allah SWT grants his blessing to whom he wants. It has nothing to do with the cross

So in that same way - we should get derailed into the trap of shaytaan. The point here is the shifa comes from Allah SWT and not the cross.
Reply

Al Sultan
11-06-2016, 12:28 PM
but the thing is,they are Associating others with Allah.And Allah doesn't help those who associate others with him...
Reply

*charisma*
11-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Originally Posted by Al Sultan
but the thing is,they are Associating others with Allah.And Allah doesn't help those who associate others with him...
"Help" is relative here. A person who associates partners with Allah may have a very easy life in this world, but his eternity is in jahannum. You can also argue that Muslims have difficulties in this world, and that isn't because Allah has deserted them, but that Allah is testing us. Secondly, sometimes Allah answers the du'as/calls of a disbeliever because He does not want to hear his calls anymore. Whereas he may delay His answers to a true believer because he loves when we call on Him and glorify Him in the ways we are prescribed to do. Allah also answers the calls of disbelievers when they are oppressed. There are many instances where Allah can answer the calls of the disbelieving. He does not neglect anyone. We can also say that nonMuslims searching for the truth ask Allah to guide them, and Allah answers their calls and guides them to Islam.

The difference between our situations and those of the disbelievers is the hereafter. No matter what and who Allah answers in this world, this is where the goods of this world end for the disbelievers, whereas Muslims are rewarded for our patience, du'as, and deeds in the hereafter inshallah.
Reply

Scimitar
11-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Al Sultan
So it's basically that,Satan DOES have some power? but it's not powerful right? to make people stay in shirk and continue doing so,is that correct? but isn't that associating others with Allah? and Allah doesn't guide or bless those anything who associate others than him...and call other than him..
Not power... trickery

Wahuwa ala kulli shay'in kadeer.

Scimi
Reply

Eric H
11-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Greetings and peace be with you samirbrazendale;

When a miracle is performed by any other faith or even if a miracle happens to a layman from another another faith - We must understand that it is not the faith that earned the miracle but it is purely through the will of Allah SWT.
Agreed.

I watched my mother suffer with multiple sclerosis for the last thirty years of her life. She could not move her arms or legs for about the last twenty years, and everything had to be done for her. She had to suffer every kind of indignity and helplessness. Yet she seemed to experience a calmness and peace about her, despite all her suffering. I could never really understand her calmness.
At one point she went into a coma and was taken to hospital, her breathing was a horrible gurgling sound; the doctors said she had days to live so we called a priest, none of us had a faith at the time, but we just thought it was what you should do. As the priest prayed my mums gasping for air seemed to change, she seemed to relax and started to breathe more normally. About ten minutes after the priest walked out the door, mum came round and started to speak, she had no recollection of anything that happened in hospital for the last two days, or that the priest had said prayers over her.

She lived another ten years, my mum regarded this as a blessing, despite her paralysed body, and she said she was not ready to die at the time of the coma. I fully understand that the priest had nothing to do with the healing, this was done through the grace and mercy of our God. If she had just come round on her own and without a priest being present, we would then not associate this miracle with God.

God works in mysterious ways, I fully except that he works with people of all faiths. I have witnessed the faith of many people on this forum over the years, this can only come from God.

May we all come to be a blessing to each other.

Eric
Reply

Supernova
11-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum



"Help" is relative here. A person who associates partners with Allah may have a very easy life in this world, but his eternity is in jahannum. You can also argue that Muslims have difficulties in this world, and that isn't because Allah has deserted them, but that Allah is testing us. Secondly, sometimes Allah answers the du'as/calls of a disbeliever because He does not want to hear his calls anymore. Whereas he may delay His answers to a true believer because he loves when we call on Him and glorify Him in the ways we are prescribed to do. Allah also answers the calls of disbelievers when they are oppressed. There are many instances where Allah can answer the calls of the disbelieving. He does not neglect anyone. We can also say that nonMuslims searching for the truth ask Allah to guide them, and Allah answers their calls and guides them to Islam.

The difference between our situations and those of the disbelievers is the hereafter. No matter what and who Allah answers in this world, this is where the goods of this world end for the disbelievers, whereas Muslims are rewarded for our patience, du'as, and deeds in the hereafter inshallah.
Thats exactly the point

The difference is the hereafter not this world. If we were to say that Allah SWT mercy is not a single ounce upon even those that in shirkh would mean that we dont understand two very similar yet very different sifaath of Allah SWT ie, Ar=Rahmaan and Ar-Raheem
Reply

islamirama
11-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Allah will answer the dua of anyone who asks sincerely, even if they are kuffar. It is out of His mercy that He responds to them as well. Have you forgotten the story of Ibrahim a.s. and his guest?

At one time a traveler stopped by Ibrahim's place asking to rest and for food. While he sat down to rest, Ibrahim asked who he worshiped and he said something other than Allah. Ibrahim denied him food and chased him away. Then Allah said to Ibrahim why do you deny him when I don't hold back in giving to them. So Ibrahim went out looking for the man and called out to him, the man upon seeing Ibrahim started to run and Ibrahim ran after him till he caught up and asked why he ran. He said he thought that Ibrahim first pushed him out of the house and now was coming to kill him instead. So Ibrahim invited him back to the house for the food and explained what his Lord has said. Thereafter the mushirk became a believer as well seeing the mercy of the God of Ibrahim.

I don't have the source and i paraphrased the story above. But the point is that even if the kuffars make sincere dua then Allah will accept it. Yes there is haram mixed in it, such as a cross, but the intention still is directed towards Allah alone. So Allah may over look their misguidance for that time being. We do not know the ways of Allah, all we can say is Allahu Alim.
Reply

Search
11-06-2016, 07:23 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Originally Posted by Al Sultan
So it's basically that,Satan DOES have some power?
Satan has the following powers/characteristics we know from the Qur'an and ahadith (prophetic traditions): flying, causing sickness, healing, invisibility, flowing through the bloodstream, powers of insinuations into the heart and mind and consciousness, ability to do/partake in sorcery, power of deception, entering dreams, foretelling the future, possessing at will human beings/inanimate objects/places, making things disappear/stealing, eating with human beings, lodging with human beings, appearing to the naked human eye as an animal or another human, touching human beings, eating food with human beings, appearing during bad words/arguments, sowing discord/mischief/suspicion/bloodshed, being hasty and giving into anger, diverting attention from prayer/supplication/meditation specific to the One God, acting patiently for human beings to forget God, blocking charity, crying during human prostration to One God.

If you or anyone on this board would like specific references from the above list, I'd be InshaAllah (God-willing) most happy to provide it.

but it's not powerful right? to make people stay in shirk and continue doing so,is that correct? but isn't that associating others with Allah? and Allah doesn't guide or bless those anything who associate others than him...and call other than him..
Satan is not all-powerful as that attribute belongs only to God, and in the Qur'an (4:76), Allah calls Satan's plot "weak." However, human beings do fall for the plots. When seemingly "miracles" happen like idols in temples drinking milk or talking as has happened in temples in India, weak Muslims and Christians have even gone to the temple to feed the idol milk or see the talking happening when we should know that the inanimate object has been possessed by Satan. In that same way, the cross is an inanimate object and has no power to heal. However, when Satan sees shirk (idolatry) being committed, he heals the same sickness if he thinks it will benefit him in having human beings commit shirk (idolatry) because his end goal in life is to take people away from monotheism.

Please realize there have been sightings of Mary (peace be upon her) and people have felt that indeed she is the Mother of the "Son of God" (nauzbillah/God forbid) and so have become regular churchgoers or Lord Krishnaor Lord Hanuman and so have worshiped him in Hindu temples with sweet offerings; however, we know from the powers of Satan that I've enumerated from you above that these sightings are the ability of Satan to take on the appearance of human beings or animals. Therefore, we know that such things are from Satan's deception.

Also, if we're talking specifically about Christianity, you should know that a lot of pagan elements are currently practiced by regular Christians such as having Christmas trees ("for the customs of the peoples are vanity; for it is but a tree which one cutteth out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe") or drinking wine and eating bread seen to represent the blood and flesh of Christ, rituals that are also practiced in Satanism as offering to Satan and in Wicca to either Nature, Moon Goddess, or Satan; so, these are all elements of shirk (idolatry) that have become common in Christians' practice of religion but which is completely antithetical to Old Mosaic Law because Jesus (peace be upon him) as we know was a Jewish Rabbi whose sole purpose in being sent as a guide to the Jewish people was to guide them away from their harshness and hardheartedness and uneven application of the Mosaic Law.

In some churches, "speaking in tongues" is considered an honor when that is clear-cut possession invited from dealings with shirk (idolatry) which Satan uses as an opportunity to possess the ignorant.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)
Reply

Al Sultan
11-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Search
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Satan has the following powers/characteristics we know from the Qur'an and ahadith (prophetic traditions): flying, causing sickness, healing, invisibility, flowing through the bloodstream, powers of insinuations into the heart and mind and consciousness, ability to do/partake in sorcery, power of deception, entering dreams, foretelling the future, possessing at will human beings/inanimate objects/places, making things disappear/stealing, eating with human beings, lodging with human beings, appearing to the naked human eye as an animal or another human, touching human beings, eating food with human beings, appearing during bad words/arguments, sowing discord/mischief/suspicion/bloodshed, being hasty and giving into anger, diverting attention from prayer/supplication/meditation specific to the One God, acting patiently for human beings to forget God, blocking charity, crying during human prostration to One God.

If you or anyone on this board would like specific references from the above list, I'd be InshaAllah (God-willing) most happy to provide it.


Satan is not all-powerful as that attribute belongs only to God, and in the Qur'an (4:76), Allah calls Satan's plot "weak." However, human beings do fall for the plots. When seemingly "miracles" happen like idols in temples drinking milk or talking as has happened in temples in India, weak Muslims and Christians have even gone to the temple to feed the idol milk or see the talking happening when we should know that the inanimate object has been possessed by Satan. In that same way, the cross is an inanimate object and has no power to heal. However, when Satan sees shirk (idolatry) being committed, he heals the same sickness if he thinks it will benefit him in having human beings commit shirk (idolatry) because his end goal in life is to take people away from monotheism.

Please realize there have been sightings of Mary (peace be upon her) and people have felt that indeed she is the Mother of the "Son of God" (nauzbillah/God forbid) and so have become regular churchgoers or Lord Krishnaor Lord Hanuman and so have worshiped him in Hindu temples with sweet offerings; however, we know from the powers of Satan that I've enumerated from you above that these sightings are the ability of Satan to take on the appearance of human beings or animals. Therefore, we know that such things are from Satan's deception.

Also, if we're talking specifically about Christianity, you should know that a lot of pagan elements are currently practiced by regular Christians such as having Christmas trees ("for the customs of the peoples are vanity; for it is but a tree which one cutteth out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe") or drinking wine and eating bread seen to represent the blood and flesh of Christ, rituals that are also practiced in Satanism as offering to Satan and in Wicca to either Nature, Moon Goddess, or Satan; so, these are all elements of shirk (idolatry) that have become common in Christians' practice of religion but which is completely antithetical to Old Mosaic Law because Jesus (peace be upon him) as we know was a Jewish Rabbi whose sole purpose in being sent as a guide to the Jewish people was to guide them away from their harshness and hardheartedness and uneven application of the Mosaic Law.

In some churches, "speaking in tongues" is considered an honor when that is clear-cut possession invited from dealings with shirk (idolatry) which Satan uses as an opportunity to possess the ignorant.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)
Assalamo alikum.

Mashallah sister...how do you know ALL of this ? (Mashallah!!) but seriously...WHO would worship Satan?... Is that a joke..really? Are people becoming this retarded? Astakhfirallah....and also the prophet Mohammed PBUH said that,Saran worship will be common upon people..and Subhanallah his prophecy is becoming true..but like seriously,how can one get deluded and brainwashed into worshiping the one who denied worshiping the true "ONE" it's so ridiculous I can't even comprehend....and once again,thank you so much sister for clarifying and explaining this to me,so just in summary,Satan has some power and he does grant some of it to do "miracles" that mislead people and get people away from worshipping Allah,is that correct ?


God bless you,
Wa assalamo alikum wa rahmutillahi wa barakato
Reply

Search
11-06-2016, 09:07 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Assalamo alikum.

Mashallah sister...how do you know ALL of this ?
It is through our beautiful Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) who informed us that we know all this, brother, Alhamdhullilah (thanks, credit, and praise is to God). Indeed, RasulAllah (Messenger of God) :saws: spoke the truth.

(Mashallah!!) but seriously...WHO would worship Satan?... Is that a joke..really? Are people becoming this retarded? Astakhfirallah....and also the prophet Mohammed PBUH said that,Saran worship will be common upon people..and Subhanallah his prophecy is becoming true..but like seriously,how can one get deluded and brainwashed into worshiping the one who denied worshiping the true "ONE" it's so ridiculous I can't even comprehend....and once again,thank you so much sister for clarifying and explaining this to me,so just in summary,Satan has some power and he does grant some of it to do "miracles" that mislead people and get people away from worshipping Allah,is that correct ?
Yes, some people worship Satan because Satan does give magicians/sorcerers/worshipers favors in return for doing things in return. This is most prominent in Satanism and Wicca. However, there are also many Hindu pundits who engage in sorcery. For example, we know in celebration of Hindu Goddess of Destruction called Kali Ma, there are festivals and pagan rituals done which enables sorcery to flourish. And even some New Age books in the guise of helping people encourage satanic meditations.

Satan doesn't have to actively grant someone the ability to do miracles because that is rare and there are probably high level sorcerers/magicians/worshipers that would be able to actively do miracles like the magicians did in the time of Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) before he threw his staff that ate all the snakes which were the illusions/deceptions of Satan.

Generally, however, from what I understand, all Satan does is heal health problems that it either created or which existed independently by divine will on which it can functionally operate to create healing. However, we should always know there's a hidden price which Satan extracts, and that price is usually to be paid in worshiping either a false God or associating partners with One God. Even the people who are practicing these types of activities which appear as miracles may not know that they're doing shirk (idolatry) because the point is that Satan misguides. For example, Scientology has claimed to have cured specific persons' asthma, allergies and dyslexia in various cases. So, yes, Satan is fully capable and does create things which appear as "miracles" but are things that act as a means for taking people away from worshiping Allah because only monotheism is the umbrella of divine protection and mercy from which Satan wants to remove humanity.

While it is true that God listens to prayers of even unbelievers, it is not true that all things that appear as "miracles" are in fact miracles because a majority of the time they are the handiwork of Satan to divert people away from monotheism.

:wa:(And peace be upon you)
Reply

Search
11-06-2016, 09:21 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

What is monotheism?

In Chapter 112 Called Surah Ikhlas (Chapter Unity), God has described:
1. “Say: He, God, is One,"
2. “God, the Eternal,"
3. “He begets not, nor is He begotten,"
4. “And there is none like unto Him.”

So what is our Islamic aqeedah (belief) and what is the benchmark as to what we can say or what we shouldn't say or believe about Allah (God) is all in Surah Ikhlas (Chapter Sincerity); meaning that "He is God (alone), the Eternal, who was never born nor ever gave birth, the One beyond compare." The last part is what we all need to remember. "And there is none like unto him" means that whatever you try to compare God to, that isn't Him simply. And this stops all puerile propositions about where is Allah, can Allah have a son in flesh, and other questions and confusions of that nature.

Surah lkhas is meant to stops all such confusions about God with the words revealed, "And there is none unto like Him." So the benchmark is God that God is beyond any comparison (with our limited comprehension) and that is who is God, "the Eternal." Surah Ikhlas mentions two names of Allah which together indicate all the Attributes of Perfection. And incidentally, they are not mentioned in any other verse: “al-Ahad” and “al-Samad.” These two names indicate the Oneness of the Supreme Being/Source of All who possesses all the Attributes of Perfection. Al-Ahad indicates the singularity of existence that cannot be shared by another entity.

Al-Samad means: “the One whose dignity and sovereignty reaches the extent where all other things in existence depend on for all their needs.” In other words, all needs are brought before Him. This attribute cannot be for other than the One who truly possesses Complete Perfection in all qualities. This cannot apply to anyone other than Allah. God is al-Ahad and al-Samad.

And He "begets not, nor is He begotten" means he was never born, never needed to be born, will never be born, nor ever gave birth, nor will ever give birth, because Allah itself is a special and unique name of God that means God has neither any gender nor any need to have gender. In English, the pronoun "He" is used to refer to God, but that is because the English language does not have an equivalent in which reference to God can be made without any gendered pronoun. So, no, Isa ibn Mariam (peace be upon them both) cannot be the son of God in a derived way because God has no sons or daughters or wives or husbands. We're "children of God" in a metaphorical way just as Jesus (peace be upon him) is "son of God" in a metaphorical way. Mary (peace be upon her) giving birth to him was a miracle just as creation of Adam (peace be upon him) was a miracle. Jesus (peace be upon him) was as human as you and me and just as you and I eat and drink, he (peace be upon him) ate and drank. And just as you and I need to go the bathroom to urinate and defecate, so did he (peace be upon him). Jesus (peace be upon him) prayed to God just like you and I do, and was a Jewish Rabbi, not a Christian. Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to earth to correct the Jews who who had become hardhearted and corrupted in their souls and not implementing the legal jurisprudence correctly or in a merciful way.

Allah as your God and my God is free from human imperfections and needs, base or otherwise. God is beyond compare, beyond anything you may ever imagine. This explanation makes clear that the two Arabic names al-Ahad and al-Samad possess a comprehensiveness in their indication of Allah and His attributes that are not found in any other names. And these names are not mentioned in any other chapter of the Qur'an. This shows the special value of this chapter, and why it is regarded as a third of the Qur'an.
Reply

ardianto
11-06-2016, 10:57 PM
:sl:

There are many miracles and mysteries that happened without we ever know why and how that happened. It's the secret of Allah. So it's better if we avoid making assumptions that may lead to fitnah, like if people from other religion got healed after pray in their own way, it's because shaytan made it happen.

It's better if we say Alhamdulillah when we hear other people got healed after pray to God, whatever the way they pray.
Reply

Search
11-06-2016, 11:16 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)


Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

There are many miracles and mysteries that happened without we ever know why and how that happened. It's the secret of Allah. So it's better if we avoid making assumptions that may lead to fitnah, like if people from other religion got healed after pray in their own way, it's because shaytan made it happen.

It's better if we say Alhamdulillah when we hear other people got healed after pray to God, whatever the way they pray.
Brother, I'd agree with you except for one thing. For example, I know of a Christian who prayed for healing when he was suffering from cancer, and he was Seventh Day Adventist Christian, and I believe he was healed by God because his prayer was not to Jesus.

That said, whenever shirk (idolatry) in any form is involved like using a cross, we cannot at this point say that it is a miracle of God because at that point we know that Shaytaan (Satan) was involved. Even if there are good results and things that appear as miracles, we cannot at that point take them at face value. Because we know that Satan has promised to lead us astray and away from monotheism.

I strongly believe that even Hindus when they praying in their mind for an exam to go well, God answers them; but for example, when a Hindu person is in front of an idol and they are doing rituals with fire and chanting Sanskrit verses to pagan gods to cure infertility, if the cure comes for their infertility, we cannot at that point say things like praying worked as a miracle because an idol has no power to do anything of good or evil by itself and depending on the level of shirk (idolatry) we know that involvement of Satan is certain.

We do not limit God's mercy to any creation when we say that involvement of shirk (idolatry) invites Satan to use its power for cure to subvert monotheism.

As believers, we cannot, for example, even in desperation go to a shaman to have incantations recited to cleanse our homes of demons because the shirk (idolatry) by itself means that we've invited Satan more into our lives than he already exists by will of God.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)
Reply

Zafran
11-07-2016, 04:02 AM
salaam

The cross or the pagan idol or the shamans chants dont heal people - God does. Who knows what God's plan is to heal some people and not others. Sometimes trials and tribulations have their own benefits.
Reply

Al Sultan
11-08-2016, 12:07 PM
I wanna ask Search.Have you ever had a moment where a miracle happened to you? as a muslim? if so,what is it? :) or prayed to god to heal you or something similar?
Reply

Khadijah.Colin
11-08-2016, 02:47 PM
This is the work of shaytan and the shayateen. To keep people misguided.
Reply

Al Sultan
11-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Khadijah.Colin
This is the work of shaytan and the shayateen. To keep people misguided.
Is there proof of this in a Hadith or a verse in the Quran ? (I do believe in that it's just that I wanna know if it's mentioned or not)
Reply

Insaanah
11-09-2016, 04:27 PM
:salam:

This seems relevant:

177561: Does the fact that Allah answers the prayers of the disbelievers indicate that what they believe is true?

[...]

Fifthly:

The supplication of the disbelievers, if it is a supplication to someone other than Allah, such as the supplication of the Christians to their object of worship the Messiah (peace be upon him) or to the Virgin Mary, or the supplication of idol worshippers to their idols, is a supplication based on misguidance that will not bring any benefit; rather it will be a cause of punishment for them in the Hereafter, because it is associating others with Allah, may He be exalted.

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“For Him (Alone) is the Word of Truth (i.e. none has the right to be worshipped but He). And those whom they (polytheists and disbelievers) invoke, answer them no more than one who stretches forth his hand (at the edge of a deep well) for water to reach his mouth, but it reaches him not, and the invocation of the disbelievers is nothing but an error (i.e. of no use)”

[ar-Ra ‘d 13:14].

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his Tafseer (2/785):

What is meant is that just as the one who stretches forth his hand to the water, either to take some of it from a distance will not benefit from the water that does not reach his mouth, similarly these mushrikeen who worship another god alongside Allah will never benefit from that in this world or in the Hereafter. End quote.

Sixthly:

The supplication of the disbelievers to Allah may be answered sometimes, for reasons such as establishing proof against the disbelievers or to prove their disbelief, denial and stubbornness; or to restore justice to those among them who have been wronged, because Allah enjoins justice and forbids injustice; or because He has guaranteed to provide for them in this world, so if they ask Him for provision He grants it to them; or to manifest His kindness, generosity and blessing to all people.

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon besides Him vanish from you except Him (Allah Alone). But when He brings you safely to land, you turn away (from Him). And man is ever ungrateful”

[al-Isra’ 17:67].

“Say (O Muhammad SAW): Who rescues you from the darkness of the land and the sea (dangers like storms), when you call upon Him in humility and in secret (saying): If He (Allah) only saves us from this (danger), we shall truly be grateful.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): Allah rescues you from it and from all (other) distresses, and yet you worship others besides Allah”

[al-An‘aam 6: 63-64]

“Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations. Is there any ilah (god) with Allah? Little is that you remember!”

[an-Naml 27:62]

“And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them. Verily! Man is indeed an extreme wrong-doer, - a disbeliever (an extreme ingrate, denies Allah’s Blessings by disbelief, and by worshipping others besides Allah, and by disobeying Allah and His Prophet Muhammad SAW)”

[Ibraaheem 14:34].

The apparent meaning of these verses indicates that the fact that Allah answers some of the prayers of the disbelievers is to prove their disbelief and denial, and to establish proof against them, or to manifest His mercy, grace and kindness by helping those who are in desperate need and saving those who are in distress.

The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Fear the prayer of the oppressed, even if he is a disbeliever, for there is no barrier (between it and Allah).”

Narrated by Ahmad, 12140; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Targheeb wa’t-Tarheeb, 2231

This indicates that Allah responds to the prayer of the disbeliever who is wronged, because Allah enjoins justice and forbids injustice, and He restores justice to those who are wronged even if they are disbelievers, because His justice is perfect.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 1/206:

All of mankind, both believers and disbelievers, ask of Allah and Allah may answer the supplication of the disbeliever. If the disbelievers ask Allah for provision, He grants them provision and water. If harm touches them at sea, they will turn to no one except Him. Then when He brings them safely to land, they turn away and man is ever ungrateful. End quote.

He also said in Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 1/233:

With regard to answering the prayers of those who ask, in general terms Allah answers the supplication of the one who is in distress and of the one who is wronged, even if he is a disbeliever. End quote.

Seventhly:

The fact that Allah answers the supplication of the disbelievers does not imply that He loves them or that He supports or honours them, or that He is pleased with their religion and beliefs. Rather that might be part of letting them get carried away (in their misguidance) and hastening good things for them in this world so that they may taste the punishment in the Hereafter. Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, does not love the disbelievers and is not pleased with them or their disbelief.

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/13:

Not everyone whose supplication Allah answers has attained His pleasure or love, nor is He pleased with his actions. He may answer the prayers of the righteous and evildoers, believers and disbelievers.

Many people offer supplication in which they overstep the mark, or stipulate conditions, or ask for things for which it is not permissible to ask. Then they get that or some of it, and they think that their actions are righteous and pleasing to Allah, but they are in the same position as one who is given abundant wealth and children so that he might get carried away (in his misguidance), whilst he thinks that Allah is hastening to give him all good things. But Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So, when they forgot (the warning) with which they had been reminded, We opened to them the gates of every (pleasant) thing, until in the midst of their enjoyment in that which they were given, all of a sudden, We took them to punishment, and lo! They were plunged into destruction with deep regrets and sorrows.”

[al-An‘aam 6:44].

Supplication may be an act of worship for which the one who does it will be rewarded, or it may be asking to have one’s needs met but that may be harmful to the individual: either he will be punished as a result of what he gets or he will be lowered in status, so he gets his needs met but is punished for neglecting his duties or overstepping the mark. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in Iqtida’ as-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 89

Not everyone to whom Allah grants provision and help, whether in response to his supplication or otherwise, is among those whom Allah loves and helps; rather He, may He be glorified, grants provision to believers and disbelievers, righteous and evildoers. He may answer their supplication to give them what they ask for in this world, but they have no share of the hereafter.

The scholars stated that some disbelievers who were Christians besieged a Muslim city and their water ran out, so they asked the Muslims to give them some fresh water and they would lift the siege from them. The Muslim leaders discussed the matter and said, rather we should leave them until thirst has weakened them, then we can defeat them. Then the Christians prayed for rain and asked Allah to give them water, and He answered their prayer. Some of the common people were confused, so the king said to one of the scholars: Say something to explain the situation to the people. So he issued instructions that a minbar be set up for him and he said: O Allah, we know that these are among those whose provision You have guaranteed, as You say (interpretation of the meaning): “And no (moving) living creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allah” [Hood 11:6]. They called upon You in distress, and You answer the one who is in distress when he calls upon You. You granted them rain, because You have guaranteed their provision and because they called upon You in distress, not because You love them or because You love their religion. Now we want to see a sign that will make faith steadfast in the hearts of Your believing slaves. So Allah sent against them (the enemy) a wind that destroyed them, and so on.

Under this heading also comes one who may offer supplication but overstep the mark in doing so, either by asking for that which is not appropriate or by offering supplication in which there is disobedience towards Allah, whether it be by associating others with Him (shirk) or otherwise. Then if he gets some of what he wanted, he think that this is an indication that his deed was righteous. He is like the one who is given abundant wealth and sons so that might get carried away (in his misguidance), so he thinks that good things have been hastened for him. But Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they think that We enlarge them in wealth and children,

We hasten unto them with good things (in this worldly life so that they will have no share of good things in the Hereafter)? Nay, but they perceive not”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:55].

Eighthly:

When Allah answers some of the supplications of the disbelievers, it takes the form of fulfilling some of their wishes with regard to worldly matters.

But when Allah answers the supplication of the Muslim, one of three things happen: either he is given what he asked for, or an equivalent evil is diverted from him, or it (the reward for the supplication) is stored up for him in the Hereafter.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who offers supplication in which there is no sin or severing of ties of kinship, but Allah will give him one of three things in return for it: either what he asked for will be hastened for him, or (reward) will be stored up for him in the Hereafter or an equivalent evil will be diverted from him.”

Narrated by Ahmad, 10749; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 2199

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Fath al-Baari, 11/95:

Everyone who offers supplication receives a response, but the response may vary. Sometimes he will get exactly what he asked for, and sometimes he will be compensated (with something equivalent). There are saheeh hadeeths which speak of that. End quote.

Please see also the answer to question no. 153316

And Allah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/177561
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-17-2015, 02:51 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM
  3. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 02:54 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 03:24 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 06:48 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!