/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent myself from not acting upon my knowledge?

Aaqib
11-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Like if I advise someone to recite Surah Kursi after each fard prayer and I don't do that.. is that a sin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
11-06-2016, 01:22 AM
I don't know if it would qualify as a sin but you're inviting to something good and not doing it yourself so rather you are not taking advantage of the rewards of such a deed.

If you were telling others not to sin but did it yourself, then that would be a different as seen here:

If a person exhorts his brother concerning a sin that he himself has fallen into, although this is something that is not befitting for the Muslim, it does not come under the heading of hypocrisy or showing off.

The Standing Committee was asked:

If I exhort my brothers and warn them against certain sins, but I myself fall into those sins, am I regarded as a hypocrite?

The Committee replied: You have to repent from sins and exhort your brothers to avoid them. It is not permissible for you to commit sins and fail to advise your brothers, because this is combining two sins. You have to repent to Allah from that whilst still advising your brothers. That is not hypocrisy, but you have fallen into something for which Allah criticises those who do it, as He, may He be glorified, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?
Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do” [as-Saff 61:2-3]

“Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allah) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves, while you recite the Scripture! Have you then no sense?” [al-Baqarah 2:44].

End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa’imah, 12/268

more here: https://islamqa.info/en/175916

Aaqib
11-06-2016, 02:18 AM
oH AND sometimes I have another question bro when one of my muslim friends get over excited he screams random stuff and its usually gibberish Arabic or something like Arabic is it haram of him?

islamirama
11-06-2016, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
oH AND sometimes I have another question bro when one of my muslim friends get over excited he screams random stuff and its usually gibberish Arabic or something like Arabic is it haram of him?
Not everything falls in the haram/halal category. That label is specific to the deen only and what Islam has allowed or forbidden is halal or haram. If he is being silly and stupid and trying to copy the arabs then that is all he is doing. It can be taken as culturally insensitive and rude by arabic speakers and can be considered inappropriate. Or it could just be him being stupid and try to copy you (if you are an arab), but if it is something you find offending then tell him to chill out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
11-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Like if I advise someone to recite Surah Kursi after each fard prayer and I don't do that.. is that a sin?
Asalaamualaykum

There are two issues at hand here.

1. Inviting and spreading knowledge of deen.
2. Practising on that which you yourself have propagated.

On spreading knowledge there is great reward. Allah SWT will reward that action according the iklaas of that act.

A lack of practising that is on your own shoulders and your loss. Sometimes the neglect of that action is a sin and sometimes it is not depending on the status in islam that you a re neglecting. Example:

A) If you propagate to your friend to pray Salaah (you will get rewarded for that action of propagation) but if you neglect that salaah you have committed a sin.
B) If you propagated any Nafl action to your friend (you will get rewarded for that action of propagation) but if you neglected that Nafl action then it is not a sin but will be regarded as a loss on your behalf.

Wasalaam.

Scimitar
11-06-2016, 05:55 PM
It's called hypocrisy dude :D

Scimi

islamirama
11-06-2016, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
It's called hypocrisy dude :D

Scimi

Don't just blow your own air, read what others posted as well. It is not hypocrisy.

Scimitar
11-06-2016, 06:45 PM
You must be the most dense member of this forum. Telling others to do what you yourself do not - is hypocrisy. Period.

stop making yourself look like a chump.

Scimi

islamirama
11-06-2016, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
You must be the most dense member of this forum. Telling others to do what you yourself do not - is hypocrisy. Period.

Scimi

you must not be very bright boy, here let me help you out you poor lad.

He is asking in the context of the deen and not the secular definition of it.

If a person exhorts his brother concerning a sin that he himself has fallen into, although this is something that is not befitting for the Muslim, it does not come under the heading of hypocrisy or showing off.

https://islamqa.info/en/175916

stop making yourself look like a chump.
indeed, please stop.

Scimitar
11-06-2016, 07:06 PM
it's hypocrisy - islamQA or no, it is what it is.

Telling others to keep salaat while you miss each one is the same thing - hypocrisy.

Drinking alcohol while warning others not to drink it is the same thing, hypocrisy.

You constantly pretending to be clever while you know you are an ignoramus of the fundamentally incapable variety - is also hypocrisy.

Scimi

M.I.A.
11-06-2016, 08:00 PM
well as a person who used to smoke.. i would tell everyone that would listen that they should not do it.

its a horrible habbit and even though i rarely smoke these days..

i still tell people its a horrible habit, vape mod in hand.

does it make a difference? rarely..

usually people give up on there own choosing or when the situation or circumstances dictate.

id probably still be smoking if it were not for some personally bad winters.

and here it comes.. iv had other bad habits and count the years clean.

the only hypocrisy is when you preach for change and yet are unable to be part of a better way..

unable to act upon knowledge.

i see no disparity in those people affected by "sin" warning people against those sins.

the difference is in intent. i once told somebody to read a qul and they told me i should read ayatul qursi..

which tells me everything i need to know.

unfortunately most people have no idea of the difference between what they say and do..

they are either ignorant of the fact or worse still, aware.

i once met a guy that did exactly what he said..

id wished he had built on someone elses life.

...maybe we should learn to stop things before they happen.

although everyone learns at there own pace.

iv prayed behind people on an invite that say some genuinely scary things in passing..

so hypocrisy is not clear cut until we are told the truth of all that we did..

cant tell the difference between squandered lives and successful ones i suppose.

“O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?
Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do” [as-Saff 61:2-3]

wait til you meet people that say what other people do..

guess the only way to live forever is to not be here in the first place.

read your own bloomin book!

i hear stories of how people were incredibly strong back in the day, fighting just to make names for themselves.

if i ever threw a punch id probably hook myself in the face..

some peoples paths are set.

its not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

hope that clears things up for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.