/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Father mad I forgot birthday.....among other reasons

Mustafa16
11-07-2016, 10:34 PM
My father hasn't talked to me normally in a week, and the last 4 days it's been over me missing school due to feeling sick thursday morning...he called yesterday, and just talked in a serious tone about my school, etc. yesterday was his birthday......i found out today he was mad at both me and my brother for forgetting his birthday.....he talked in a very serious tone, and talked about how I need to accept that other people have feelings.......I always thought my father wouldn't mind if I forgot his birthday, he has never taken birthdays seriously, and he even didnt mind when i forgot before.....i never considered birthdays important because i feel they are a waste of time, and unislamic......now my father isn't talking to me for the eight day straight......i slammed my hand against the hard, wooden table after hanging up, out of frustration......it still hurts....and my soul hurts, and my heart is broken.....he already lives 160 miles away....(4 hours, by car), and he hasn't seen me in person in about a year.....why.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
11-07-2016, 11:59 PM
I think your father needs to chill out. Seems like only time he calls is either to yell at you or get serious on you. IF he wants to be a father to you then he should give you your islamic rights of being your life and teaching about Islam and supporting you in life and your struggles and calling and yelling at you because some went crying to him about it again. Maybe next time you should tell him to go talk to the imam about the rights of the son since only time he calls is to yell at you. Anyways, don't try to take it to heart about what he says or why is he mad. He'll get over it, just don't let it get to you and try to stay positive and keep moving forward bro.

Zeal
11-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Maybe your father's just going through things.. everyone does but just carry on being nice to him

Also how often do you visit him??

Just try and be respectful to him death is not far for any of us......................

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.