/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The victory is promised with or without you.

Ephemeral
11-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Do those words strike you?

Maybe they fill your heart with the fear of missed opportunity? Perhaps they surround your being with a viel of hope?

Personally, those words have different effects on me. Sometimes they ooze atop the surface of my heart like syrup oozes across the surface of a waffle; filling it's craters with the sweetness of fresh hope.

Sometimes they bite into my skin and tear away my repose like a lion would tear away the flesh of a gazelle.

I worry that this is the time where people are booking themselves the highest places in Jannah, and I am missing out. This is a time very similar to the time of the sahabah after all. There is no khalifah, the ummah is weak.

Does anyone else feel the same way? I don't want to be alone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
11-08-2016, 03:45 AM
A'salamu alaykum. If you feel you are missing out then start competing with the righteous believers and hasten to do good deeds, and if you can't do that then compete with the sinners in seeking the forgiveness of Allah Azzawajal. It is the advice of Imam Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, and I don't recall the source, I'm sorry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.