/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my hands hurts and skin is dry- wudhu :-/

Serinity
11-09-2016, 09:42 PM
:salam:

my hands hurts soo much, the doctor says that I've rid most of my skin layers, and says that the layer I've is the "last" layer before it gets terrible. Idk how much terrible, but she said, that small movement would make my skin crack and bleed, and it'll hurt.

I can't move my hands except that it hurts. my hands lack fat, and is very dry, it lacks oil, it is just dry! No protective layers.

How can I do wudhu like this? Can I wear gloves, as to not touch my skin, cuz it hurts! I cant feel my skin, but where my wounds are, it hurts!

Please tell me I can have gloves on. The doctor recommended a cream for skin with 70% fat. It helps a bit. My doctor said to max. wash my hands 3 times, no more.

But I have to do wudhu 5 times, right?

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
11-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Wa alaykum a'salam wa rahmat Allahi wa barakatuhu

You could apply the cream and wrap your wounds with a dressing/bandage, perform Wudu regularly on the healthy skin and simply wipe over the dressing with water. If you do this, you do not have to perform Tayammum.

This is the view of the fuqaha' of the Salaf.

'AbdAllah ibn 'Umar radhiAllahu anhu performed Wudu this way (as mentioned above). (Saheeh, Al-Majmoo', 2/368)

Read this for more details, in sha Allah

Allah knows best

Serinity
11-09-2016, 10:44 PM
my feet is also dry I fear for my life.

I feel cursed :( I dont want this thing to spread to my whole body. Can I be excused from wudhu totally for 2 weeks?

Cuz the doctor said it can be healed. Obv.

However I do not want my hands amputated because of this :( It has already started on my feet moving its way up. :(

I can barely feel my skin on my fingers :( Can I pray without wudhu?
Allahu Alam

*charisma*
11-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

What's your condition called?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
11-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Are you going to college tomorrow?

Get some cream

I will make dua

mission2succeed
11-09-2016, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I feel cursed :( I dont want this thing to spread to my whole body. Can I be excused from wudhu totally for 2 weeks?

However I do not want my hands amputated because of this :( It has already started on my feet moving its way up. :(

Allahu Alam
Just remember Allah doesn't burden a soul beyond their capacity.
Have you tried applying:-
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
zam zam water
or reading surah falaq and naas on it

Delete.
11-10-2016, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Allahu Alam
Brother, calm down. By the Permission of Allah, you will find a solution, because our Deen is not difficult. Can you apply the cream on your hands, feet, and any other places where you have your wound, and wrap it in a wrapping? If the wound is your whole hand, and fingers, then wrap it all, so you are not bothered by the water, in sha Allah.

Are you worried about performing Wudu because of the fact you will have to take the water into your hands, even with the wrapping? If this is your concern, you could also perform Tayammum.

As for your feet, apply the cream and then socks and you can just wipe over your socks with a wet hand for one day and one night.

Wudu is a requirement of Salat, but if you abandon your Salat due to not being able to perform Wudu, this is not acceptable and is haram. A view by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, he says that if you are unable to fulfill the condition of performing Wudu, then you should pray and you are exempted from the condition because it is not permissible to delay the Salat beyond it's time.

Allah knows best.

Does this help you?

Khadijah.Colin
11-10-2016, 01:32 AM
My husband did a lesson in this recently. I think it's something like you should try to wipe over lightly and if that is difficult then do wudhu once a day and wipe over the bandages for other wudhus. If that is still difficult then you can do dry wudhu, tayammum. Look up the scholarly opinion on this matter as what I've said is from memory and may not be correct.

Khadijah.Colin
11-10-2016, 01:34 AM
May Allah heal your condition. Ameen.

muslim brother
11-10-2016, 04:05 PM
i know someone with very bad eczema who does tayammum
best ask a mufti

noraina
11-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I have very sensitive skin and I once had a terrible allergic reaction to something and the doctor was *very* firm that I don't get any water on it for at least a week. Obviously that came in the way of my wudhu. I remember asking around, and it comes down to the fact that Allah swt does not burden a soul beyond their capacity. If you genuinely find it impossible to do wudhu, or doing so will bring your greater harm to your health, then leeway is permitted.

I remember I used to use socks when performing wudhu, and just wipe my hand over them - I was told it was valid, as leaving salah would be a greater sin.

Diligently stick to your treatment with the creams ect, and afterwards take good care of your skin. Find a routine of moisturising which suits you, you can ask your doctor for advice.

May Allah swt give you complete shifaa and a speedy recovery, ameen.

Serinity
11-10-2016, 07:15 PM
:salam:

I've not stopped doing wudhu and praying.

Instead of rubbing, I just let water flow through my hands.

I need fat and oils. In shaa' Allah everything is good. I am more worried about my Imaan. ;(

The problem is, I need to have my skin heal, ya know. And whenever I wash my hands, I seem to wash away my hands, and then my skin has to start over again.

Doing this too frequently, and I will get to my bones. So, I've started to just let water flow through my hands, without me using my other hand.

Same with feet.

It is like instead of removing bad bacteria, I am removing good bacterias, which obv, is never good. I figure I am clean, so no need to wash like I did. Just let water touch, and done. In shaa' Allah.

Allahu alam.

piXie
11-13-2016, 07:24 PM
:wasalamex

My brother if you are damaging yourself or causing your condition to worsen or preventing it from healing by wetting your skin then you need to fear Allaah. Allah intends ease for us and not hardship.

May Allah grant u shifaa. Aameen

zainabrulez
03-04-2022, 04:17 PM
It is correct that only Allah :swt: knows what is best for you, and will never give you more than what you can handle. I am kinda having this problem to, especially during the winter I use hot water and my hands get dry. I suggest just soaking your hands in mid temp water or applying the cream when needed. But skipping prayer is more of a sin, so always make sure to pray. Inshallah you will get better and this helps you.

Of course,
Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.