/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't get angry

Reminder
11-13-2016, 12:20 AM
I just want to remind everyone - don't get angry.

I have suffered from anger management issues in the past, but have since learned how to "be chill". (can't think of a better way to express at the moment, I think you get the point)

Mostly, this happens while playing computer games. I enjoy them, but have struggled with anger when losing. Actually, it is quite common for gamers to "rage".

What I have noticed is life becomes more enjoyable when we aren't angry. People give more space, and they give you stuff without even asking for it.

In the words of our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him):

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Advise me.” He said: “Do not get angry.” He repeated his question several times and he said: “Do not get angry.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TheMirza
11-13-2016, 12:48 AM
That is a good reminder, But do give us some advices on how to be 'chill'.
Usually when I try to control my anger, I find myself bottling it all up inside me, and then it comes out all at once when I can't control it any longer.

Reminder
11-13-2016, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TheMirza
Usually when I try to control my anger, I find myself bottling it all up inside me, and then it comes out all at once when I can't control it any longer.
Go somewhere where you are completely alone. No one should be able to hear you no matter how loud you are. Yell out all your anger as much as needed. Eventually (after 1 minute or 2) you will feel a lot better.

anatolian
11-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Or stay away from the things which make you angry. Don't stubborn with your anger..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
11-13-2016, 03:58 PM
yeah, it's better to conserve your energy than be angry

Snow
11-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Has anger ever made problems less troublesome in history?

muslim brother
11-19-2016, 02:22 PM
It has been narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him) That Allah's Messenger Muhammad (

) Said:
“ The strong is not the one who over comes the people by his strength”
"But the strong is the one who controls him while in anger.

Kiro
11-22-2016, 09:00 AM
rooar

don't get angry

azc
11-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Sometimes it is too difficult for me to control it.

FarheenBuhari
11-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Its a gud advise for myself...Jazak Allah

muslim brother
11-23-2016, 03:31 PM
re direct anger,dont internalise it..

go to the gym,smack a punch bag,lift weights
my daughters go to a ladies only gym too

we should all learn self defense too,all of us
being strong and physically powerful in life has its advantages,but dont abuse it.
use it for good only

about me on my blog

done bodybuilding,powerlifting and mma ...for over 2 decades.
in 90,s manchester i went places others feared to tread.
i laughed in the barrel of a shotgun,an armed robber demanding cash
ive met "interesting" people ,and seen many things in the twilight/shadows of society .

http://ahmedpateldewsbury.blogspot.co.uk/

MuslimInshallah
11-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) Everyone gets angry. Even the Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) would get angry. The problem is not the emotion itself, it seems to me, but in how you respond to it. For instance, if you feel angry because something is not right, and this motivates you to try to do some good in the world... then this is a good thing. But if you feel angry (for whatever reason), and you lash out and cause some harm to another, then this is a problem. (smile) It seems to me that what we need is to acknowledge our emotions, and seek to understand them, while trying to restrain them and channel them into reasonable and healthy actions.

I liked the hadith quoted by Ahmed Patel. To savour it more completely, I am posting it, with the original Arabic, and where it can be found.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، أَخْبَرَنَا مَالِكٌ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ لَيْسَ الشَّدِيدُ بِالصُّرَعَةِ، إِنَّمَا الشَّدِيدُ الَّذِي يَمْلِكُ نَفْسَهُ عِنْدَ الْغَضَبِ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6114
In-book reference : Book 78, Hadith 141
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 135
(deprecated numbering scheme)

May God, the Creator, Help us to restrain ourselves.

Reminder
11-26-2016, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TheMirza
Yesterday I got extremely angry with someone who beat me in a computer game.

I used one of my favorite methods to get rid of anger. It really works.

This method helps you to release the anger within you without hurting anyone and without anyone knowing. (secret between you and Allah)

Take a piece of paper... write your thoughts out.

Write the truth - don't lie to yourself, rather be truthful.

If you would kill the person - WRITE IT.

Get the point?

Afterwards, go somewhere alone outside and burn the piece of paper. Before burning, read it in order to remember what was on it. You will eventually forget, but this way you get maximum anger relief.

Write the letter to the very person you are angry with - just don't send it to them! (burn it instead)

Eric H
11-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Reminder;

Yesterday I got extremely angry with someone who beat me in a computer game.
Just a thought, but every time you win, do you want the looser to feel angry with you?

Every time you loose, Pray that Allah will bless your opponent. Allah will forgive us in the same way that we forgive others.

May you and all those you love and care for be blessed.

Eric

sister herb
11-27-2016, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Every time you loose, Pray that Allah will bless your opponent. Allah will forgive us in the same way that we forgive others.
What also came to my mind; every time when you win, make dua that your opponent would win at the other time (and feel same satisfaction like you do at this time). When he wins, your loss doesn´t feel so bad as you can think that Allah has heard your dua and answered to it.

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 08:38 PM
try to keep calm and breath brother

ardianto
11-28-2016, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Mostly, this happens while playing computer games.
Assalamualaikum.

Have you ever compete in the real game?. ..... I have competed in dozens real games. Mostly were motocross racing. The rest were autorally, BMX race, and swimming. In one motocross event I ever got trouble with my motorbike that made me crash and could not continue the race. That's happened in less than a half of the last lap, in the final race, and when I was in second position!.

Honestly, I was very disappointed. But I was not angry because anger would not change anything, would not make me go to the podium. And that's why spectators appreciated me. They welcomed me as star when I walk back to my team. They gave me spirit and told me "Not your lucky day, bro. But it's okay. You have done your best!". The warm welcome that I received was contrast than spectators reaction to another racer who was angry because lost the race. Spectators laughed at him and called him childish.

Young bro, anger is something natural. But people really appreciate someone who can control anger, because ability to control anger is sign of maturity. Do you want to be mature?. So try to control your anger, and do what you have to do when you failed in anything, evaluate what made you failed. This is what I always do when I get failed. Alhamdulillah, it makes me not angry.

You can train your maturity from game. When you lose, rather than angry, try to congratulate the winner. That was what I always did when I lost the race.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.