/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my cousin's son my mahram?

simplymuslim
11-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Salam brothers and sisters
Okay so i wear hijab in front of my cousin but what about his son? I don't cover in front of him because i consider him my mahram. He is one year younger than me (my cousin is way older than me like in his 40's) I don't if this is relevant but my cousin's parents are siblings of my parents. So my dad's sister is my cousin's mom and my mother's brother is his dad so we have the same grandparents.
Jazakhallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
11-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Waalaykum assalam

I'm quite sure he is not your mahram, because if his father isn't your mahram than the son surely can't. And whilst the siblings of your parents (aunts and uncles) *are* your mahrams, their children are your first cousins, so they are not. It sounds complicated but I also have cousins who have sons who are near my age, and I observe hijab in front of them. This is because he isn't truly your 'nephew', in terms of mahrams a nephew only applies to your brother's or sister's sons.

And Allah swt knows best, someone can clarify if I'm mistaken, inshaAllah.

Delete.
11-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Wa alaykum a'salam. Your cousin and his son are both not your Mahram because it is permissible for you to marry them. So, observe the hijab in front of both of them from now on in sha Allah. Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.