/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I took a religions quiz.....JUDAISM??????!!!!!

Mustafa16
11-13-2016, 10:34 PM
I took a quiz on which religion would best suit me, to confirm my belief that Islam is aligned with my beliefs......and when i got the results, it said the religion that best suited me was Judaism.....this worried me, because I've desired to convert to Judaism in the past, as far back as the 9th grade...(Im in 12th grade now).....I couldn't believe that the quiz said i would be better off jewish!!! i think where i messed up is that i answered some of the questions with materialistic beliefs, like too much concern with the dunya....i converted to judaism before because of this, because of judaism's emphasis on making the world a better place and focusing on material things and justice in THIS world (tyrants being killed in this world rather than dying free men etc.) Im already getting waswasa, and i want to know how to raise my imaan.....i am also afraid that if the waswasa gets too bad, i will committ apostasy....what should i do?
here is the quiz:
http://www.findmyreligion.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
11-13-2016, 10:43 PM
You don't need silly websites to find your religion. You live the lack of self esteem. Trust yourself and turn to Allah.

ardianto
11-13-2016, 11:41 PM
According to the site "This is not to see what religion you are but, rather see how your own thoughts fit into different beliefs".

I took the quiz too, and the result is Buddhism.

In certain matter that relate to inter-human relationship, yes, my thought fit into Buddhism. But it doesn't mean I must convert to Buddhism.

:)

Woodrow
11-14-2016, 12:18 AM
The very first thing you should do is know that you, above any test, know if you are a Muslim. Like all of us you probably are not perfect, but that does not make you less of a Muslim. No living Muslim is perfect. We make errors and have doubts.

Facing doubts are validation we are Muslim. Shaytan would have no need to be causing doubt in your mind if you are not Muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Sultan
11-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Lol akhi its just a test,i took it and I got Gnostic...its a person who believes in god but that was stupid,it showed 50% beliefs fit in islam,and obviously its just like,for fun,its just a joke,dont take it serious,if I took a "are you a killer?" test,and got the result "Michael Myers" level,i wouldn't go nuts,besides I would just laugh,Allah knows me,and I know Allah.I believe In him and his message,a website doesn't make me a Buddhist or a muslim,i do my research then I see which one fits the best.But again,dont stress things out,this is the religion of all the mighty and righteous prophets,isllam,(means to invite people to believe in one single god) and that's what prophets did.If I got called an "atheist" by some trolls,would I take it seriously? nope I wouldn't,i know myself,i know what I want to believe,what I SHOULD believe.just make dhikr,read the quran,listen to quran ,learn about islam,quran..Judaism might be similar to Islam,but Islam changed everything,it put limits on slavery,banned people from burying girl babies (yes they did do that in pre Islamic times) and it made so many rules that you just know this is only from a god,not from a human,lol suddenly years after years,all of this treachery and treatment to women,babies,slaves,and one man changes everything? why not from before? ask yourself that,it only comes from Allah subhano wa taa'la . Just ignore it brother,its whispers from shaytan,but the question is here,will you let satan deceive you? or will you let satan talk to himself?...

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I took a quiz on which religion would best suit me,...
...You need a computerised algorhythm written by a human with a biased POV to tell you what religion suits you best... got it.

WOW... someone get me popcorn.

Serinity
11-14-2016, 03:19 PM
:salam:

We do not follow Islam because it suits us, our desires, our wants, our goals. But because it is truth.

Remember that. Secondly, it is made by a human, and it is complete nonsense. Truth is not chosen based on whims and desires.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Al Sultan
11-14-2016, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
...You need a computerised algorhythm written by a human with a biased POV to tell you what religion suits you best... got it.
Aye scimi,i know this is off topic (plz admins don't remove this)

I wanna ask you,is trump president? (I'm serious) I heard that they will make another election to determine who's the president..

can you confirm this?

noraina
11-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Faith is extremely personal, only yourself and Allah swt know the level of your iman and no-one, particularly an utterly random test on a computer, will be able to dictate to you what your faith is - actually that test itself said to not take it seriously. We have been told Islam is the one faith *everyone* including those who are atheists or Jews now, should be. Allah swt had clearly stated Islam is the faith of humanity so khalas - that's it.

And there are times we can have a dip in our iman or a lack of knowledge about something which might make us *feel* like we are not a good or practising Muslim. These are whispers from the Shaytaan, so long as you believe in the Shahadah and strive to obey Allah swt, you *are* a Muslim.

For the sake of it, I looked at that quiz - the questions weren't worded particularly well and many of the answers overlapped, it wouldn't give an accurate description anyway, whether it was to test your religion or your favourite pizza topping.

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Aye scimi,i know this is off topic (plz admins don't remove this)

I wanna ask you,is trump president? (I'm serious) I heard that they will make another election to determine who's the president..

can you confirm this?
I think a better question would be "Is trump human?"... I've seen animals with an higher moral fortitude than Donald Duck, I mean Trump. With regard to your question, I doubt they will recast the vote - not that it matters.

No matter who won, Hilary or the Duck, they were both bad choices. And let's not forget, Conservative or liberal, Right wing/Left wing - same bird. Eagle. It's a bird of prey, it knows no peace.

Scimi

Supernova
11-14-2016, 05:47 PM
I took a quiz on which religion would best suit me, to confirm my belief that Islam is aligned with my beliefs......and when i got the results, it said the religion that best suited me was Judaism.....this worried me, because I've desired to convert to Judaism in the past, as far back as the 9th grade...(Im in 12th grade now).....I couldn't believe that the quiz said i would be better off jewish!!! i think where i messed up is that i answered some of the questions with materialistic beliefs, like too much concern with the dunya....i converted to judaism before because of this, because of judaism's emphasis on making the world a better place and focusing on material things and justice in THIS world (tyrants being killed in this world rather than dying free men etc.) Im already getting waswasa, and i want to know how to raise my imaan.....i am also afraid that if the waswasa gets too bad, i will committ apostasy....what should i do?
here is the quiz:
http://www.findmyreligion.com/
Asalaamualaykum

The most worrying part about your situation is not the result of the online quizz but the fact you actually took that quizz.

I have been reading many of your posts in the short time that i am here - and i think you need some serious help from qualified ulema.

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 05:52 PM
he's only 17, and growing up in very confusing times... Mustafa is a good lad at heart. If something is troubling him, he posts it here, where we can help him with what we have come to know and understand.

Scimi

Mustafa16
11-14-2016, 06:09 PM
he's only 17, and growing up in very confusing times... Mustafa is a good lad at heart. If something is troubling him, he posts it here, where we can help him with what we have come to know and understand.

Scimi
thank you, scimi, how nice of you to say..... :)

*charisma*
11-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum

The most worrying part about your situation is not the result of the online quizz but the fact you actually took that quizz.

I have been reading many of your posts in the short time that i am here - and i think you need some serious help from qualified ulema.
He does not need qualified ulamaa to help him. What is the ummah for?? Not every little thing needs a 'aalim for approval or review. Some people do not have the same access to support that we do, or they find more comfort in sharing their problems online due to introversion and the like. There are many wonderful brothers and sisters here that have given wonderful advice through the years and continue to do so regardless of how many times the question has been asked or who is asking it. It's not right for us to put anyone in a panic by making them think that their problems are unsolvable or that they require a scholar within reach to solve anything.

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 07:25 PM
thank you, scimi, how nice of you to say..... :)
it's the truth,

so little of our youth will ever question as you question... I admire those who ask questions. They seek answers like you seek answers. While others sleep.

Scimi

Al Sultan
11-14-2016, 08:15 PM
I think a better question would be "Is trump human?"... I've seen animals with an higher moral fortitude than Donald Duck, I mean Trump. With regard to your question, I doubt they will recast the vote - not that it matters.

No matter who won, Hilary or the Duck, they were both bad choices. And let's not forget, Conservative or liberal, Right wing/Left wing - same bird. Eagle. It's a bird of prey, it knows no peace.

Scimi
Oh i see,no hope then,astakhfirallah...

Donald Duck,I'm done wallahi scimi you know how to make me laugh [emoji23][emoji23]

Al Sultan
11-14-2016, 08:25 PM
it's the truth,

so little of our youth will ever question as you question... I admire those who ask questions. They seek answers like you seek answers. While others sleep.

Scimi
Assalamo alikum
That has to be the comment of the year.I don't know how much I agree with you,when I was 14,15 I actually started to get into Islam,but I learned the basics from school,and I wasn't that in love with that,I just liked it.Then I watched an Islamic video and after that my life completely changed..just by the lines of "Compete with good deeds,get to JANNAH,get Firdous al aala,do good deeds to have a house near Aisha,Mohammed,Abraham,Jesus (PBUT)" I was only 13 and when I heard these words I changed,from 14 I started to read the Quran,started to google about it (and then I got to the part of 9:29,9:5,9:121 and so on) it wasn't long until I realized all of these verses are talking about war like situations where the pagans kept attacking the Muslims..after that I became so attached to Islam,i loved it so much and I became the most religious person in class,house,everywhere I go I feel happy that I'm a Muslim.I began asking questions and getting so much knowledge (I'm not that smart tho) about things I didn't even know about..like wallah I feel bad from those young Muslims who don't care about Islam,because really this religion isn't even a religion,it's actually a path of life,a life style,Islam is a gift that only smart people will understand realize,and as you said,those who sleep,little do they know.

Wa assalamo alikum wa rahmutillahi wa barakato.

Serinity
11-14-2016, 08:33 PM

I feel like I am like Mustafa in asking a lot, but my trials are in other places.. :-) Keep asking.

Sometimes I feel good in sharing my hardships lol. :D Is that bad?

I feel bad for not realising the Beauty of Islam to the extent that I am content with what hardship I am in.

Allahu alam.

Al Sultan
11-14-2016, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I feel like I am like Mustafa in asking a lot, but my trials are in other places.. :-) Keep asking.

Sometimes I feel good in sharing my hardships lol. :D Is that bad?

I feel bad for not realising the Beauty of Islam to the extent that I am content with what hardship I am in.

Allahu alam.
Brother,be grateful you're on this website,others don't even care ,they just see Islam as a "religion" ATLEAST you are asking,gaining information.Its good to ask,and you should be educated to know your faith and we here on Islamic board do that,we learn from each other,give advice to each other.Actually people feel good when they express a issue or problem,it's just like,relief,(take it all out effect I would say) and you get advice from brothers and sisters here,so no,it's not bad,you want help,and we provide you that basically,This ummah needs to be as United as a wall,organize ourselves like a wall,tall,strong,we should always hold hands together.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.