/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need clarification about Saudi Arabia

AfdalFS
11-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Hello,

I'm a muslim since a couple of days now after a lot of research. I love the message of Islam, the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) and the Qur'an. I'm starting to like praying and I feel very close to Allah.

But tonight, I watched something on TV. They showed us Saudi Arabia. Just to let you know, I live in Canada and the channel I was watching is never looking to make sensation. It is a channel where they always say the news as what it is. But tonight, in Saudi Arabia, I saw men pushing women in public and nobody saying anything about it. And I saw a lot more things... And is wasn't the Islamic State, it was just muslim people in Saudi Arabia.

Please, please, please tell me it's not true. We have to go to Mecca at least one time in our lives. But I won't go in a country where it's normal to push and hit women.

Please explain this to me! How can the territory of Muhammad, peace and blessing bu upon him, turned that way? imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
11-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Well, I mean, there are bad people in any religion......there are even Muslim sinners......just because a Muslim commits a crime, doesn't mean all Muslims are guilty of that crime....

ummAbdillah
11-13-2016, 11:29 PM
You will find good and bad everywhere you look. Don't preoccupy your mind with that. There's a lot of wrong with the ummah. The best place to start is with self accountability and making sure you are fulfilling the rights of Allah s.w.t. on you.

AabiruSabeel
11-13-2016, 11:34 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by AfdalFS
But tonight, in Saudi Arabia, I saw men pushing women in public and nobody saying anything about it.
Those of us who live in Saudi Arabia can confirm that women are safer there and nobody can go about behaving that way in public without being severly punished.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AfdalFS
11-13-2016, 11:49 PM
Thank you everyone for your answers! I had answers to my question, I have to say I feel a bit better now. You can lock the Thread now if you want to! It's better to talk about positive things... :Emoji57:

El Hamdoulillah

anatolian
11-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Hello,

Please explain this to me! How can the territory of Muhammad, peace and blessing bu upon him, turned that way? imsad
I don't know the situation in SA but you will see worse things than this within Muslims not only there but everywhere. Not saying that to scare you but to make you sure that Islam is not the religion of "Muslims" but it is the religion of Allah. Even if all Muslims are doing something wrong you must do it right.

AfdalFS
11-14-2016, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Islam is not the religion of "Muslims" but it is the religion of Allah
I love this. :Emoji45:

*charisma*
11-14-2016, 01:20 AM
Assalamu ALaikum

Going to Mecca will be one of the best experiences, if not the best experience you will have. Just as everyone has said, there's good and bad in every country. I've lived in Saudi for a few years now, and I don't have anything negative to say about it. I actually feel very safe here, and on the contrary, believe that the majority of the men here are very respectful towards women moreso than in western societies. In nearly every tv program I've seen about Saudi, they portray it very negatively and make it out to look as if it's an oppressive nation, specifically towards women. The reality is that it is a different society, but not any more corrupt than other societies in the world. You will find some of the most generous, kindest, and diverse people here.

AfdalFS
11-14-2016, 01:42 AM
Wow! I was shy to make this post but I'm glad I did, I'm very happy to read your answers. May Allah protect all of you!

kritikvernunft
11-14-2016, 05:35 AM
But I won't go in a country where it's normal to push and hit women.
First remark, since they would not be pushing me, I consider the issue to be rather theoretical with few practical applications in sight.

Of course, if someone thinks that they should be pushing me, I will start plotting, conspiring, maneuvering, and then decisively strike back to firmly establish that there is always a price tag attached. I can happily wait for 20 years before striking. I never forget, and I will only forgive within the confines and limitations of the Qisas.

Concerning a man pushing and hitting his own wives, well, since that man is the head of his family, yeah, I somehow think that I cannot be bothered. I am only the boss of my own family and not of someone else's. If he pushes and hits too hard, I would advise the woman to raise the issue with her own family and see what they say. They might talk him into being a bit more gentle, or even take her back. If she is a righthand-side possession with no access to her family readily available, she should probably just obey harder, in order to avoid getting pushed or hit that badly.

And in the end, Allah knows best!

noraina
11-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Don't go on television programmes or anything like that - I have seen a couple of documentaries about Saudi Arabia and they made it out to be an awful, stifling, oppressive country and the last place you would want to visit on earth.

No country is perfect, the same way no Muslim is perfect. I have spoken to people who have lived in Saudi Arabia for a long time and they had nothing but good to say about it as compared to the countries they originally came from. If you want to learn anything about life there, ask those who either live there or have lived there - you won't get a more accurate review than from them inshaAllah.

Supernova
11-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I'm a muslim since a couple of days now after a lot of research. I love the message of Islam, the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) and the Qur'an. I'm starting to like praying and I feel very close to Allah.

But tonight, I watched something on TV. They showed us Saudi Arabia. Just to let you know, I live in Canada and the channel I was watching is never looking to make sensation. It is a channel where they always say the news as what it is. But tonight, in Saudi Arabia, I saw men pushing women in public and nobody saying anything about it. And I saw a lot more things... And is wasn't the Islamic State, it was just muslim people in Saudi Arabia.

Please, please, please tell me it's not true. We have to go to Mecca at least one time in our lives. But I won't go in a country where it's normal to push and hit women.

Asalaamualaykum

What you have watched might be true or false.

Firstly your argument is flawed by assuming this channel always tells you the truth.
1. How do you know that for sure?
2. What investigation have you done into this channel Service?
3. Did you approach the channel before your "bright" mind assumed that everything is true on it ?

Now, lets give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was all true. What is your next step ?

If you build up this mentality it will eventually over spill from country to brother in islam, one day your brother in islam will invite but you will be too concerned in his wrongs rather than the good he is calling you to. The only one at loss is you.

AfdalFS
11-14-2016, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
Concerning a man pushing and hitting his own wives, well, since that man is the head of his family, yeah, I somehow think that I cannot be bothered.
Well in my country, if someone pushes someone else in public, we call the police. Nobody has the right to touch someone that doesn't want to be touched. Even more if it's in public and he pushes her and she falls on the floor.

format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
I am only the boss of my own family and not of someone else's. [...] she should probably just obey harder, in order to avoid getting pushed or hit that badly.
What? Nobody deserves to be pushed or even touched, even if he or she did something very terrible. Saying this is like saying 'The girl should not wear a skirt so she will not get rapped.' It's not the women clothes or actions the problem, it's the men reaction.

I don't wanna be negative, but I can't stay silence after reading this...

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Hello,

Try going for Hajj or try doing an Umrah in Ramadhan, and see how many times you get pushed, and worse - by both men and women.

Trying to cram 3million+ people into a small space doesn't come without its issues.

Let's not forget the tragedies of last years stampede and the falling crane killing hundreds of pilgrims.

Pushing and shoving is the least of our worries when we are there - the whole idea is to be patient with your hardships - and traditionally, Hajj was never an easy thing to do - but life threatening. This is why we say our final goodbyes when we go for Hajj, because we do not know if we are going to return to our loved ones or not.

Media, is pulling your heart strings, weakening your logic and destroying your will to succeed - that's what it's designed for.

Stop watching the TV,

Start reading books which benefit in sha Allah.

Scimi

AfdalFS
11-14-2016, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Media, is pulling your heart strings, weakening your logic and destroying your will to succeed - that's what it's designed for.

Stop watching the TV,

Start reading books which benefit in sha Allah.

Scimi
That is true! I will not stop watching TV because I never liked to have only one point of view but going back to read Islam scriptures is always a good thing to do I think. After watching this program, I came here to ask, and you guys really secured me. :Emoji48:

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 05:10 PM
That is true! I will not stop watching TV because I never liked to have only one point of view but going back to read Islam scriptures is always a good thing to do I think. After watching this program, I came here to ask, and you guys really secured me. :Emoji48:
That is your choice.

I put it to you like this,

If there was a glass of milk on the table, and I put a drop of powerful poison in it, is it still a glass of milk? Or is it poisoned?

Like I said - your choice which poisons you allow yourself to digest.

Scimi

AfdalFS
11-14-2016, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
That is your choice.

I put it to you like this,

If there was a glass of milk on the table, and I put a drop of powerful poison in it, is it still a glass of milk? Or is it poisoned?

Like I said - your choice which poisons you allow yourself to digest.

Scimi
Well this is not the same thing. This glass of milk would all be poisoned while a channel may have some good and so bad programs.

I learned today and yesterday that I really have to make an effort to inform myself more before starting to have a final opinion. I hope I will insha'Allah continue to grow in the right religion and to understand God's will!

Scimitar
11-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Television is not educational my brother - nor is it particularly informative on matters of truth.

For that, you need books and study, not television.

Scimi

anatolian
11-14-2016, 05:40 PM
It is not the fault of TV. The books may lie to you also if they are written for this purpose. Let it be TV, internet, magazine or books, all sources of knowledge are created by some people who have some purposes of doing it. It is the duty of the intelligent man to question and understand what the purpose behind is.

Though, I personally prefer not to watch TV so much. It is hardest to make this analyze watching TV within these sources.

AfdalFS
11-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Ammin. I totally agree brother!

kritikvernunft
11-15-2016, 06:01 AM
Well in my country, if someone pushes someone else in public, we call the police. Nobody has the right to touch someone that doesn't want to be touched. Even more if it's in public and he pushes her and she falls on the floor.
All authority and all legitimacy emanates from the laws of the Supreme Being, Our Beloved Master, the Most Merciful Allah.
In that sense, if there is a public issue, then let the ulema handle it.
Whatever what, it is never my problem.
Saying this is like saying 'The girl should not wear a skirt so she will not get rapped.' It's not the women clothes or actions the problem, it's the men reaction.
She wears an unbecoming and provocative skirt, and then gets raped, and it would still not be my problem. Raise all public issues with the ulema and the qadiz, because I do not see a reason for me to be interested in them. I am NOT getting paid for this. How much time and effort are you personally willing to devote to boring, unproductive, and unprofitable issues? I repeat: All authority and all legitimacy emanates from the laws of the Supreme Being, Our Beloved Master, the Most Merciful Allah. Hence, let the ulema handle it.
I don't wanna be negative, but I can't stay silence after reading this...
The unbelievers do not believe, and then wear unbecoming and provocative skirts, and then get raped. When it rains, my coat becomes wet, and when the sun shines, ice will melt. And in the end, Allah knows best!

Al Sultan
11-15-2016, 12:53 PM
Brother there are good and bad people everywhere,don't get brainwashed by the media brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.