/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bad waswass is ruining my concentration

Serinity
11-17-2016, 07:47 PM
:salam:

I am good in school, etc. But with the constant shirky waswass puts me off. It is like whenever I try to do good and focus a lot (and I like that) the shirky waswass kicks in putting me off.

I fear falling into shirk. Should I just continue to concentrate, even if the shirky thoughts are jumping around in my head??

I like to go into "study mode" but the waswass always kicks in then. :( If I force myself not to think, then it goes away, BUT, then I use all my efforts on that, while I should study.

The underlining fear is that, if I don't do anything in stopping the wasswass myself, then I fear falling into it.

my question is, should I keep focusing even if I feel overwhelmed?

I am like using half of my concetration on keeping waswass at bay, but it ruins my study hours.

But I feel like whenever I want to go into power mode I feel like am making myself vulnerable for shirky thoughts - and I fear falling into shirk.

I know this is baseless! Cuz I have done this power study for years.
And Allah :swt: knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
new2010
11-17-2016, 08:40 PM
edit

Serinity
11-18-2016, 03:42 PM

The more I try to counter the waswass the more confused I get about it. Ya Allah.

Idk what to do. How do I get rid of this? And Allah :swt: knows best.

Mustafa16
11-18-2016, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

The more I try to counter the waswass the more confused I get about it. Ya Allah.

Idk what to do. How do I get rid of this? And Allah :swt: knows best.
You are trying the wrong approach to waswasa. The more you try to correct waswasa, the worse it gets. It's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline, and it only gets stronger.......but if youre waswasa and doubts about tawheed get too bad, and you feel the need to commit apostasy, try to talk to an imam about your doubts so that he can persuade you logically why islam is the true religion, and you need to do logical research about this with the guidance of an imam or other person of sound faith....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Guys, it's simple, be in ghusl and wudhu, and recite the four kuls before you sit down to study... most of all, Trust Allah as that is a sign of your imaan.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.