/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my toy dog Wrinkle attached to a jinni?

Mustafa16
11-21-2016, 02:21 AM
I have gotten so lonely and desperate, and so stressed at times and frustrated at times, that I am starting to get delusions that my toy dog wrinkle, which ive had since i was a little boy, has a soul (which was originally part of my soul, but fractured and went inside him) and I always turn to it for help and comfort and have started to talk to it, and get responses, although i know im just talking to myself....but only very deep down.....it's hard to tell at times....and I turn to it rather than make dua......and ask it to save me, and when i have hit rock bottom, i imagine it telling me to never talk to anyone again, except him....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
11-21-2016, 06:57 AM
Dude you can't ask it to save you. That's shirk afaik
Why don't you talk to Allah instead as he will listen?

azc
11-21-2016, 07:20 AM
It is abnormal way of thinking

noraina
11-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Your toy is not attached to a jinn or afflicted by anything sinister like that, I just think when you were younger you used to turn to it for comfort but the problem is you're still doing that now, which you *need* to stop.

A toy isn't going to do anything, it doesn't have your soul or the soul of anything else. Throw that dog away, you shouldn't be turning to it for help. You should only, and *only*, turn to Allah swt when you are feeling down - no toy, or even a human, will listen to you or take away your pain and fears and difficulties - only Allah swt will do that. In fact, turning to anything other than Allah swt is only going to make yourself feel worse because it won't be able to do anything, it's utterly powerless.

Make dua, make dua again and again. Begin waking up for tahajjud because that is a time of acceptance. There's a reason dua is called the 'fortress of the Muslim' because it protects us from harm - but you have to make them first. Here's a beautiful hadith qudsi which sums it up:

Narrated / Authority of: Abu Dhar
Allah's Messenger said that Allah said: He who comes with a good deed, its reward will be ten like that or even more. And he who comes with vice, his reward will be only one like that, or I can forgive him. He who draws close to Me a hand's span, I will draw close to him an arm's length. And whoever draws near Me an arm's length, I will draw near him a fathom's length. And whoever comes to Me walking, I will go to him running. And whoever faces Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, I will meet him with forgiveness nearly as great as that, provided he does not worship something with me.
(This Hadith is sound and reported by Muslim, Ibn Majah and Ahmad in his Musnad).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-21-2016, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I have gotten so lonely and desperate, and so stressed at times and frustrated at times, that I am starting to get delusions that my toy dog wrinkle, which ive had since i was a little boy, has a soul (which was originally part of my soul, but fractured and went inside him) and I always turn to it for help and comfort and have started to talk to it, and get responses, although i know im just talking to myself....but only very deep down.....it's hard to tell at times....and I turn to it rather than make dua......and ask it to save me, and when i have hit rock bottom, i imagine it telling me to never talk to anyone again, except him....
bro you need to repent,and throw that stupid dog into the bin.

What you did unknowingly is commit shirk.

Scimi

Mustafa16
11-21-2016, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
bro you need to repent,and throw that stupid dog into the bin.

What you did unknowingly is commit shirk.

Scimi
but isn't it no different from asking another imaginary friend for advice? if that's shirk, wouldn't it be shirk to ask a human for advice?

noraina
11-21-2016, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
but isn't it no different from asking another imaginary friend for advice? if that's shirk, wouldn't it be shirk to ask a human for advice?
Well, you said you turn to it *instead* of making dua to Allah swt, and you ask the toy to save you *instead* of asking Allah swt. Which is something you should really avoid.

And, besides, asking a toy or even an imaginary friend for advice isn't going to help you in the slightest. Make dua to Allah swt to help you, and seek the advice and support of real people who can practically do something for you - you're only going to give yourself more grief when you seek support from something which can do nothing.

Scimitar
11-21-2016, 05:10 PM
What she said^

Scimi

sister herb
11-21-2016, 05:42 PM
I can see that you are suffering some sort of unsecurity and loneliness. That´s why you are looking for "help" and comfort from your toy (or your pillow) and try to escape this troubled and confusing world to the fantacies and find company and security from the imaginary friends. In kind of situation advices like "throwing your toy to the bin" don´t solve any problems. I understand that also your age might cause more confusing - teenage is confusing time for everyone. I can´t find any other advice than trying to talk with kind of thoughts with some understanding person. But have you anyone right now in your life? I mean some others than we in this forum?

Mustafa16
11-21-2016, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I can see that you are suffering some sort of unsecurity and loneliness. That´s why you are looking for "help" and comfort from your toy (or your pillow) and try to escape this troubled and confusing world to the fantacies and find company and security from the imaginary friends. In kind of situation advices like "throwing your toy to the bin" don´t solve any problems. I understand that also your age might cause more confusing - teenage is confusing time for everyone. I can´t find any other advice than trying to talk with kind of thoughts with some understanding person. But have you anyone right now in your life? I mean some others than we in this forum?
my mother and father are not of much help, although I usually am home all day with my mom, and with my dad calling....i have my social worker...my social worker only sees me for one hour every two weeks or one week, and I have much more to tell him....i have male acquaintances, but not friends (I have their phone numbers but I don't even bother calling, out of shyness), and I can't talk to my sister because she does not answer my calls, and she is also not very helpful, even admitting herself she is not a very comforting person to her friend....she's very... "tough" and my brother in law never picks up the phone....I have some friends of my mother's who are too old to be considered namahram, or men who are their husbands who I know in the gulenist community, who i call...but the words simply can not come out at times....i dont know what to say and i am too shy....and i hardly see anyone, and am awkward..but jazakallaha khair for caring about me.....you guys are very nice people and i appreciate your help :)

sister herb
11-21-2016, 06:03 PM
What comes to the question of the thread of this post, I remember we had here before similar discussion about jinns and toys:

https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ll#post2935872

But anyways, I think you knew it as you wrote that you know you are just talking with yourself when this your toy "answer" to you.

Serinity
11-21-2016, 08:03 PM
:salam:

The only one who can help you is Allah, the only one you should turn to is Allah, the only one you should as for help is Allah (as in dua) .

Do not turn to anyone except for Allah. Islam already has the solution - to turn to Allah. Read my signature. "worship" is not just praying 5 times a day or making dua.

The way you rely, ask, and pray to Allah, that is only for Allah, none else. Only Allah can save you. That doll may just be a jinn. NEVER trust some object with your soul. EVER. Pretty sure that is shirk.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Little_Lion
11-21-2016, 11:10 PM
I agree with those who have said that you are just lonely and imprinting your desires for a friend on Wrinkle. Do NOT feel like you have to get rid of him; I know how soothing familiar objects are to those who are autistic and putting Wrinkle in the trash would be traumatizing, most likely. Just remember:

1.) Wrinkle cannot truly help you with anything but a feeling of comfort. Never ask Wrinkle for help or advice. You can talk to Wrinkle if it makes you feel better, but know that he does not answer back. He is a toy, and this is not Toy Story.

2.) Only Allah is going to provide you with REAL comfort, healing, and aid. Turn to Him in all things, not your toy dog. If you feel more comfortable holding Wrinkle on your lap while making dua, or reading Qur'an, that is perfectly fine. Children pray with their toys all the time. But make sure your thoughts are on Allah, and know that Wrinkle does not have to be there to make for a better dua or that he is the listener of your dua.

I have a plush of Shining Armor from My Little Pony that is my comfort. He stays on my bed when I pray and make dua, but I hold him when I sleep and cuddle him when I cry, and I often hold him when I listen to or read Qur'an. I'm 43 and I suffer from mental illness as well. I know he cannot help me with anything, but he does make me feel better just by being there. ;)

Mustafa16
11-22-2016, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
I agree with those who have said that you are just lonely and imprinting your desires for a friend on Wrinkle. Do NOT feel like you have to get rid of him; I know how soothing familiar objects are to those who are autistic and putting Wrinkle in the trash would be traumatizing, most likely. Just remember:

1.) Wrinkle cannot truly help you with anything but a feeling of comfort. Never ask Wrinkle for help or advice. You can talk to Wrinkle if it makes you feel better, but know that he does not answer back. He is a toy, and this is not Toy Story.

2.) Only Allah is going to provide you with REAL comfort, healing, and aid. Turn to Him in all things, not your toy dog. If you feel more comfortable holding Wrinkle on your lap while making dua, or reading Qur'an, that is perfectly fine. Children pray with their toys all the time. But make sure your thoughts are on Allah, and know that Wrinkle does not have to be there to make for a better dua or that he is the listener of your dua.

I have a plush of Shining Armor from My Little Pony that is my comfort. He stays on my bed when I pray and make dua, but I hold him when I sleep and cuddle him when I cry, and I often hold him when I listen to or read Qur'an. I'm 43 and I suffer from mental illness as well. I know he cannot help me with anything, but he does make me feel better just by being there. ;)
well, by that logic, is this wrong? often, when I am having panic attacks, I go to my bed, cuddle with my pillow, and pretend it is my childhood sweetheart, and first and current crush Nurgul, and pretend that she is my wife and she is calming me down......I know im talking to myself, but the responses from "Nurgul" are semi-automatic.....I dont think about what to say to myself......it just happens....I also use this "Nurgul" as a more logical persona, one that is more rational and down-to-earth, to snap myself out of panic attacks, and I know many of you will say this promotes zina, or that it is shirk, but I find that it helps, and the way i see it, it is "killing two birds with one stone" (solving my desire for a wife, and solving my anxiety, and if you count lonliness I guess that'd make it three "birds") also, again, if turning to people for help with depression or a panic attack is not shirk, what is wrong with seeking the help of an imaginary friend when others are not available? my mother usually does not want me calling others in the gulenist community, and they are often busy, and my mother, being single, is often at work, and is also completing an online master's degree and is often very, very busy and has little time for me, and my brother hates my guts and hasn't talked to me except to insult me or to relay simple messages from my mother or father, in years.... @Scimitar @Serinity

islamirama
11-22-2016, 04:13 AM
Bro, rather then finding escape in fantasy world you are better of talking to Allah. Take Allah as your best friend and talk to Him about everything. Rather then thinking of fantasies of someone's daughter who you dishonor with such actions, why don't you talk to Allah about how you would be a good husband and how you would be a good friend to whoever He blesses you with. Talk to Him about marriage plans and desires and ask Him to give you what's best for you. Talk to him about your family and how you feel and ask Him to make it better for you. Tell Him what makes you happy and what makes you sad, tell Him what hurts you and puts you at east, tell Him what what scares you and makes you want to conquer the world. The little wrinkle won't help, nor thinking pointless fantasies with a pillow. Rather talk to Allah as your friend and you will find Him always listening and ready to help.

Scimitar
11-22-2016, 02:18 PM
I think both adults, Little Lion and Mustafa16 need to "grow up" to be honest.

1 Corinthians 13 comes to mind lol

Scimi

sister herb
11-22-2016, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I think both adults, Little Lion and Mustafa16 need to "grow up" to be honest.
I am 50 and I have two teddies. I think that "growing up" is overvalued. ;)

aaj
11-22-2016, 05:21 PM
I think someone is jealous they don't have a plush toy :D

piXie
11-22-2016, 05:38 PM
:sl:

Have you ever considered getting a pet?

Mustafa16
11-22-2016, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:sl:

Have you ever considered getting a pet?
I already have a pet......my family adopted my sister's friend's cat when he was 7 or 9......he was named Louie, and we continued to call him Louie.....we've had him for over a year....

Scimitar
11-23-2016, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I am 50 and I have two teddies. I think that "growing up" is overvalued. ;)
I'm cringing for you :D

https://islamqa.info/en/49844

50 you say? :S lol

Scimi

happymuslim
11-24-2016, 11:19 PM
I also had these weird attachments toys, I would talk to them when I depressed to, I also have a dog toy as well, once my toy even got possessed and I think I saw it levetating, anyways the point is, I think because of the depression and loneliness you may have developed some mental issues, especially talking to a toy, and the fact that you rely on it to save you some how isn't like asking any random person, its an item and its shirk because this is what idol worshippers would sort of do with idols, take it from me, I had this problem this exact problem. And talking to a toy won't help based on my experience, either shaytaan is messing with you or you have a mental problem, listen to the other seek Allah's help, increase immaan, that's what helped me when I had your problem, and I'm confident that it will help you. That stuffed toy isn't alive nor is it possessed nor will it solve your problems! Its temporary, but Allah is everlasting :) hope I've helped

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.