/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Social phobia and finding good company

Mustafa16
11-21-2016, 06:00 PM
I have social phobia......I have autism, adhd, ocd, anxiety, and, when i dont take my medicine, unstable mood......i was not diagnosed with social phobia, but that's what it feels like.....i am afraid to approach people, unless my lusts are driving me to talk to girls at times (but even then I am shy), and I don't know how to initiate conversation, i am unaware of much of social protocol, I get anxious in crowds, I have male acquaintances and even have their phone numbers, but dont bother calling, and when i did call, they didn't pick up.....I always want to stick to a routine (autism), and have a severe compulsion to know the future, even if I can't affect it (such as with Turkish political turmoil, and who I'm going to marry), even though at times I remind myself that only Allah aza wa jal knows the unseen. I worry constantly, and rush everything, including my schoolwork, and my worry includes such things as calling my mother multiple times while she is at work and asking her questions that can wait, or asking her when she'll be home......or leaving my house phone near the shower so that when im taking a shower, i wont miss my father's call....I also get very sensitive to criticism, and am self conscious, and often react by declaring people as enemies, almost like a stereotypical radical salafi making blanket takfeer ("all girls are evil!!!!" "all turks are evil!!!" "Im ashamed to be turkish!!!" "no more associating with kuffar in the tiniest bit!") and think in black and white...what should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
11-21-2016, 07:16 PM
As you have autism, ADHD etc. can you find some peer support group - supportive group of people whose have similar symptoms and talk with them about your social and other problems? Online if you can´t find such group in your city. They surely would understand you much better than people whose haven´t similar problems.

Zeal
11-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Do you sleep well
Have good nutrition(5 fruit a day etc)
Get enough water
And do enough exercise everyday?

I've noticed that a lot of mental problems are a result or partly due to of a lack of these more often than one may expect

sania29
11-22-2016, 12:02 AM
Hello, I have experience similiar issues. I'm very shy and anxious in social situation. There was a time I don't have friend I can trust, even my own family. I feel so alone, my big sister has lot of friend and she seems happier than me. When I fell to the lowest point in my life, I pray, I just pray. I was crying so much everyday, to God. Telling Him what I want, I want a friend, because I'm so alone, sad, lonely.. I cry in much pain I can't bear to God. And suddenly one guy appeared out of nowhere and he becomes my best friend. The people around me becomes kinder, I've become more positive, and life is getting easier too. My point is, give all your problems to Him, I've read in La Tahzan that "man is created weak". Seek out for His help. He is Al-Mu'izz, The One who gives invincible strength and honor.
The One who grants honor and power. The One who strengthens and glorifies.
The One who makes it possible for someone or something to be respected, cherished and mighty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.