/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does islam says about the marriage of conjoined twins? Does the state consider t

soomro
11-23-2016, 07:11 AM
What does islam says about the marriage of conjoined twins? Does the state consider them one marriageable entity ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-23-2016, 03:45 PM
Assalamualaikum.

If this conjoined twin have two heads which every head has his/her own mind, then they are two people. They can get married. But of course, not with same person.

Scimitar
11-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Wait... explain how that would work?

Scimi

*charisma*
11-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Is this a real situation or a hypothetical one? Because conjoined twins are very rare, and those surviving can sometimes be separated. I don't know then the rate of marriage, as that would be very difficult to go along with. I haven't heard of any getting married as of yet. Would they each have their own spouse? Would they be sharing one spouse? (not allowed) Do they share certain body parts? etc. But they are regarded as two entities if they each have their own personalities etc. It would depend on the unique situation and a scholar would have to evaluate that, not this forum. So we can't really pass judgement on a hypothetical situation; too many factors are involved.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-25-2016, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Wait... explain how that would work?

Scimi
Pssh ..... the OP asked about Islamic view. So I showed a fatwa from scholars about it.

But, yeah, this fatwa maybe applied not in all condition. Of course there is different between conjoined twins who have two separated sexual organs, and who have only one.

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Pssh ..... the OP asked about Islamic view. So I showed a fatwa from scholars about it.
Show me please?

Scimi

crimsontide06
11-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Google, the hensel twins,read the wikipedia.. and since you are a female..,on the google results, click images.

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Is this a real situation or a hypothetical one? Because conjoined twins are very rare, and those surviving can sometimes be separated. I don't know then the rate of marriage, as that would be very difficult to go along with. I haven't heard of any getting married as of yet. Would they each have their own spouse? Would they be sharing one spouse? (not allowed) Do they share certain body parts? etc. But they are regarded as two entities if they each have their own personalities etc. It would depend on the unique situation and a scholar would have to evaluate that, not this forum. So we can't really pass judgement on a hypothetical situation; too many factors are involved.

islamirama
11-25-2016, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Google, the hensel twins,read the wikipedia.. and since you are a female..,on the google results, click images.
sounds like two for one deal ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

But, yeah, this fatwa maybe applied not in all condition. Of course there is different between conjoined twins who have two separated sexual organs, and who have only one.

Show us the fatwa. Even if there was one such, it would contradict Islam itself.

ardianto
11-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Show me please?

Scimi
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Show us the fatwa. Even if there was one such, it would contradict Islam itself.
Do you understand Indonesian language?.

http://taklimtanahmerah.com/konsulta...bar-siyam.html

http://kamil-pbs.com/blog/16-bayi-ke...g-ditimbulkan/

http://tebuireng.org/kembar-siam-men...a-hukum-islam/

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Nope.

I understand the 2nd most popular language in the world, English.

The language in which lots of islamic works are translated into, and have not found any fatwa allowing the marriage of Siamese Twins, due to the fact that there are two souls in a shared body and separating a Siamese twin means killing one of the lives - and that leads us to the ayah in the Qur'an:

“…take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.” - 6:151

and

"... whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind....." 5:32

and

"Forbidden to you (for marriage) are: … two sisters in wedlock at the same time, except for what has already passed" - 4:23

Further, IslamQA has answered the question, it seems Siamese Twins cannot be married and Allah knows best.

Scimi

*charisma*
11-25-2016, 08:06 PM

"Forbidden to you (for marriage) are: … two sisters in wedlock at the same time, except for what has already passed" - 4:23

Further, IslamQA has answered the question, it seems Siamese Twins cannot be married and Allah knows best.
The quite obvious reason for me which would not allow them to get married is, well, the whole intimate relations thing. So I'd have to agree that it would not be allowed for them to get married due to that as well..wa allahu alem.

It is forbidden for both spouses to spread the secrets of what happens between them in their private marital life; indeed, this is one of the most evil things. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among the most evil of people before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who comes to his wife and has intercourse with her, then he spreads her secrets.” (Narrated by Muslim, 4/157).

It was reported from Asmaa’ bint Yazeed that she was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and men and women were sitting with him, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Would any man say what he did with his wife? Would any woman tell others what she did with her husband?” The people kept quiet and did not answer. I [Asmaa’] said: “Yes, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah, they (women) do that, and they (men) do that.” He said, “Do not do that. It is like a male devil meeting a female devil in the road and having intercourse with her whilst the people are watching.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 1/339; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Adaab al-Zafaaf, p. 143). Source

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I've seen a documentary about them quite a while ago. It was interesting. In this case, they both share the same reproductive parts so in Islam it would not be allowed for them to get married. I think that if it's possible for the twins to safely get separated then that's the best thing to do to give them a chance at a normal life.

islamirama
11-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Nope.

Where? I only see him talking about not killing one of the twins.
We know very well what this verse refers too. You can't marry two blood sisters of the same family.

The case with siamese is that they are more than just two sisters, they are one body and and not two individual bodies. This is an exceptional case that the scholars have to look at and issue a ruling in light of the circumstances.

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Where? I only see him talking about not killing one of the twins.
You read the other ayah excerpt from Quran which mentions how man cannot marry two sisters at the same time?

Given that condition, one would have to kill one of the Siamese Twins in order for the stronger one to survive and have a chance at a normal (wedded) life... but, this ayah you take issue with, mentions how killing one of the twins would be haraam. Here, again, the very same ayaat I posted earlier,

“…take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.” - 6:151

and

"... whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind....." 5:32

Henceforth, marrying a Siamese Twin is not an option and so, cannot be entertained.

What I do wanna know is, can Siamese Twins of the same sex marry Siamese Twins of the Opposing sex?

That's A GOOD QUESTION.

Scimi

islamirama
11-25-2016, 08:54 PM
You read the other ayah excerpt from Quran which mentions how man cannot marry two sisters at the same time?

And as I mentioned previously, this is an exceptional case. We know very well that Islam does allow concessions in exceptional cases. We do not have the level of knowledge and understanding to issue a fatwa on this nor slapping a verse on it as a blanket statement. We need scholars to properly examine the circumstance and then make a ruling on it.

What I do wanna know is, can Siamese Twins of the same sex marry Siamese Twins of the Opposing sex?
No. you are back to the same dilemma. One is a mahram, one is not, one is allowed to be naked and seen and one is not, one can have sex and one cannot be present, et el.

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 08:58 PM
That was a trick question, you fell for it :D

See, by your answering the question, you made a choice to examine the case, and derived a logical ruling according to what you understand from the Quran.

Scholars? They've spoken on it, you can find the answers on IslamQA among other sites. Links to the questions related to the issue are on the IslamQA page I linked above. They provide a valuable insight into the issues surrounding Siamese Twins and marriage.

From what has been said there, one can see that Siamese Twins getting married is something the Scholars will refrain from advocating.

Scimi

Muhammad
11-25-2016, 08:58 PM
:wasalamex

It is better to refer such matters to the scholars, let us leave the discussion here :ia:.

MuslimInshallah
11-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(mildly) We can easily quote a passage from the Qur'an or a hadith... but a true scholar would be looking at the whole picture in the light of the objectives enunciated in the Qur'an. And what may be generally impermissible may become permissible in certain unusual circumstances.

I thank @ardianto for offering what he found on the topic. From what I can see (I ran the responses through Google translate, so my understanding is a bit patchy), it is clear that Muslim scholars have considered this question, though the sites in question have not offered in-depth answers.

If anyone is confronted with such a situation, I would suggest exploring each individual circumstance with a person of deep Islamic learning, wisdom and compassion. (smile) God is much more Gentle and Understanding than we humans tend to be.

May Allah, the Subtle, Shower His Kindness on those who struggle with challenges that many don't understand. And Forgive and Guide all of us when we unthinkingly cause pain to others.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.