/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is Usul Tasfir?

TDWT
11-23-2016, 02:30 PM
I have head this mentioned:

It is better to understand the Quranic Arabic consists of both `amm, the general, and the khass, the particular. And the texts that are khass particularize that that is `amm, general.

What does this mean?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Assalamualaikum.

I think you are asking about "Ushul Tafseer". Ushul means basic or origin, while tafseer means interpretation. Ilm Ushul Tafseer is study about the rule and method that necessary in interpreting Qur'an. If you want to study tafseer, of course you have to understand Arabic.

TDWT
11-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Ok, well based on that, for example, according to ulema, where the quran verses with the houri's addressing the early arabs for example or all of mankind?

ardianto
11-23-2016, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT
Ok, well based on that, for example, according to ulema, where the quran verses with the houri's addressing the early arabs for example or all of mankind?
I am not knowledgeable in interpreting Qur'an. So I cannot answer.

Maybe other member or the forum scholar can answer?.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.