/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making progress with guy friends.....

Mustafa16
11-23-2016, 04:54 PM
as many of you may know, I have trouble socializing....I went over to my mother's friend's house for dinner, and I hung out with two of her three sons (one is in Turkey studying to become a doctor)....the older boy was in the 8th grade (4 years younger than me), and we added each other on snapchat and instagram, and the younger was in the 4th grade.....we had a nice conversation....I have also made progress with other guy friends, as my old paraprofessional from school who now got promoted and works at another school talks to me on facebook from time to time, and I also have an old friend from middle school whose phone number I have and who I talk to on facebook and by phone....yesterday, I showed the friend from middle school my poem, and he said, "this is good, youre an artist bro" and I showed it to the kid whose house I went to, and he was also impressed, and said, "how do you write this good?" I also have the phone numbers of two boys from my international affairs class (my favorite class).......but I don't talk to those two that much......im hoping that my progress will help me to stop living in a fantasy world and prevent myself from letting my mind wander, and prevent myself from obsessing over marriage and doing immodest things... @Serinity @Scimitar @sister herb @Little_Lion

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DustInWind
11-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Hej there, there are so much people want to know you, just relax, be who you are. I also had that somehow never had friend, and by passing time I realise that i show people who I am and who like ok, who doesnt its ok.
You dont depend on anyone. If someone dont like thats their problem. Just relax becouse when you are not relaxed you are confused and other.
And remember everyone can have a friend. Everyone.
And now I have a lot of friend I am conection for many of them.
Becouse i beat the fear.
Sorry for bad english.

ardianto
11-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Alhamdulillah. I begin to see the progress from you. :)

Mustafa16
11-23-2016, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Alhamdulillah. I begin to see the progress from you. :)
actually, turns out he never added me back on Instagram, and though he added me on snapchat, now when I click on 'my friends' it says "no new friends" so either he unfollowed me, or it's just saying it's not new... :( nd I think he was just trying to be polite by talking to me....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DustInWind
11-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Why it has to be him. Do you have family to hang out. Or just make another friend.
Dont worry, its not the end of the world.
Maybe he does not desrve your company :)

ardianto
11-24-2016, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
actually, turns out he never added me back on Instagram, and though he added me on snapchat, now when I click on 'my friends' it says "no new friends" so either he unfollowed me, or it's just saying it's not new... :( nd I think he was just trying to be polite by talking to me....
But I still see good progress on you. You start thinking to not live in fantasy again, and dare to face reality. In Shaa Allah, you will get easiness.

:)

Scimitar
11-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Keep ya head up, things get better as you get older. You become more settled in your self.

Scimi

Mustafa16
11-24-2016, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Keep ya head up, things get better as you get older. You become more settled in your self.

Scimi
actually, turns out he was following me.....and we chatted yesterday on snapchat.....and thank you for the advice.... :)

Scimitar
11-24-2016, 04:48 PM
friends come and go bro,

we are but destined to be in each others lives while our paths travel the same way, when the proverbial T junction appears, we often "part ways" amicably, hoping to bump into each other again in the near future if Allah wills.

Companions... they are for life.

And they don't come easy.

I have yet to be married... friends I have many, and they are usually more of an annoyance than a help.

Companions, are few and far between. But they are not so forgetful as "friends"... and companions, will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear... that is the value of true friendship - Truth itself

Scimi

noraina
11-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Ma'sha'Allah, that's good to hear.

Definitely be selective in who you choose as a friend, or a close friend that is. A lot of friends can end up becoming unwelcoming background noise with unhelpful input, they're more of a hassle than not. I probably have two or three *very* close friends, and that's it.

However, good friends are invaluable and can keep you well grounded - and just be yourself and be genuine, inshaAllah it'll all be good. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.