/* */

PDA

View Full Version : developing the ability to cope,adapt and to be resilient

muslim brother
11-23-2016, 04:59 PM
unfortunately it seems that as life get easier and more comfortable,ie..computers and less physical work etc people are getting less resilient and weaker mentally and physically.

im astounded at the "problems" people have and the help people need.

when i was a teenager in the 80,s we dealt with racism,your molvisaheb in madressah smacking the hell out of you,and "uncles" who would also tell you off.
teachers even caned you in school,we walked to school and mosque in all weathers
climbed trees and fell,ive stitches on my arm,my head,my lip and forehead from just playing outside.
emotionally as a teen you dealt with "fancying someone",rejection,mosque,school and living dual lives

so what happened?
why are todays teens so "weak"
alhamdulillah mine arent..i have 3 and 1 over 20..
is it parenting or society?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
11-24-2016, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL

when i was a teenager in the 80,s we dealt with racism,your molvisaheb in madressah smacking the hell out of you,and "uncles" who would also tell you off.
teachers even caned you in school,we walked to school and mosque in all weathers
climbed trees and fell,ive stitches on my arm,my head,my lip and forehead from just playing outside.
emotionally as a teen you dealt with "fancying someone",rejection,mosque,school and living dual lives...
Ah the good ole confuddled days :) :D

so what happened?
I remember in the 80's as a teen, getting told by elders how "back in the days..." and I would groan in annoyance at the "time frame" they referred to, as if it didn't/couldn't affect me.

HOW WRONG I WAS :D

Today, I find myself telling youngsters the same "back in the days..." line which was used on me, and though I know the familiar annoyance the youngsters may feel - I cannot stay quiet. It has to be said. And that's pretty much me talking to walls really.

Allahu - Akbar,

You're a rich man Ahmed dear bro. Money don't mean wealth, children do. :)

Scimi

kritikvernunft
11-24-2016, 07:53 PM
when i was a teenager in the 80,s we dealt with racism ...
I must be the same age group as you. I quickly discovered that only the poor are racist. So, that is how I learned to spit on the poor. You see, these guys have no money. Till this very day, I do not like the lower classes at all, because they have no brains and no money. They do not need to defecate, because they are the defecation themselves.
so what happened? why are todays teens so "weak"
Lack of role models.

Scimitar
11-24-2016, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
I must be the same age group as you. I quickly discovered that only the poor are racist.
explain Trump. And that flock then? And they're not limited to the grand ole states of Murica either.... we got our own backyard rich racists here on our side of the proverbial pond also.

And not just here - Let's move past Europe and into Russia - guess what? Same poop, different nation.

I can keep doing this, but really I found your opening statement fallaciously heinous. And that's no double negative either

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
popsthebuilder
11-24-2016, 09:29 PM
I must be the same age group as you. I quickly discovered that only the poor are racist. So, that is how I learned to spit on the poor. You see, these guys have no money. Till this very day, I do not like the lower classes at all, because they have no brains and no money. They do not need to defecate, because they are the defecation themselves.

Lack of role models.
I can only hope that none whatsoever ever mistake you for a role model of any sort while you remain in a state even partially resembling your current one.

Might the Light of GOD change your heart that you might change others (the next generations) hearts and turn them from the very negativity that blinds you.

Peace

M.I.A.
11-24-2016, 11:49 PM
its a changing world, iv worked with so many teens..

lower wage bill.

and i cant consider any of them weak.

if that is your perspective of them then count yourself lucky.

i cannot be so easily dismissive of there actions.

i have never been able to win there respect it would seem..

and they mostly leave once they have me in check.

but it never starts of that way.

never been able to teach em anything in this strange little bubble..

and perhaps that is better for them.

i been sat in this room for nearly 3 years.. very hard to do for a runner.

kritikvernunft
11-25-2016, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
explain Trump.
Donald Trump is neither poor nor racist. He does not care about that. He just happened to need the vote of the blue-collar white frustration, whose "jobs" we have happily moved to China, or else, automated away. I love China. It is a great country. It is an option that always comes in very handy. Nobody is going to bring any jobs back to the frustratos in America. Donald knows that. The IPhone will stay in China. The Chinese mainland factory has proven to be the most useful tool ever, to teach a particular demographic the lesson they had been asking for. Look. It is not their money. It is not their brains. They have no right whatsoever to whatever they think. If they want factories, they will have to build them on their own. We prefer China and Mexico. So, count us out.

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 03:42 AM
Donald Trump is neither poor nor racist. He does not care about that. He just happened to need the vote of the blue-collar white frustration, whose "jobs" we have happily moved to China, or else, automated away. I love China. It is a great country. It is an option that always comes in very handy. Nobody is going to bring any jobs back to the frustratos in America. Donald knows that. The IPhone will stay in China. The Chinese mainland factory has proven to be the most useful tool ever, to teach a particular demographic the lesson they had been asking for. Look. It is not their money. It is not their brains. They have no right whatsoever to whatever they think. If they want factories, they will have to build them on their own. We prefer China and Mexico. So, count us out.
Is that what you see?

I see a World Wrestling Federation bully trying his hand at being circus clown.

Tell me i'm wrong, I dare ya. :D

And yes, he's bloody racist, xenophobic and a darn right shame to the white race.

Scimi

EDIT: one thing I will say though, Murica got the leader they deserved :D

MuslimInshallah
11-25-2016, 03:20 PM
I quickly discovered that only the poor are racist. So, that is how I learned to spit on the poor. You see, these guys have no money. Till this very day, I do not like the lower classes at all, because they have no brains and no money. They do not need to defecate, because they are the defecation themselves.
Assalaamu alaikum,

I would like to point out that this attitude is completely foreign to Islam. kritikvernunft, who does not identify as Muslim (though he sometimes presents himself as having an Islamic viewpoint), is purely expressing his own views.

God does not sort us out according to our wealth. Nor is rank, fame, offspring, ethnicity, or any other of the ways we humans tend to sort people important to Him. What counts is our taqwa. Taqwa is a layered and rich concept that is hard to translate. It means protecting ourselves from damaging our own inner Selves and wronging others, though our awareness, awe, love and respect for God. Someone who has taqwa is very aware of God, and consequently pursues the Beautiful Divine Qualities (kindness, generosity, forgiveness, etc...) in his or her relationships with others. It is similar to the traditional understanding of the the word godliness in the sense of piety and goodness of a human being trying to please God.

On another point, the idea that one's wealth somehow can make one less discriminatory towards others is astonishing. What has wealth to do with the universal human tendency to regard the group they identify with as superior to another they don't identify with? Indeed, it seems to me that kritikvernunft only shows with his post that evaluating others by their wealth is the way that he himself is experiencing this human weakness...

May God, the Kind, the Loving, Give strength and inner peace to those who are treated unjustly and unkindly by their fellow humans.

noraina
11-25-2016, 03:36 PM
unfortunately it seems that as life get easier and more comfortable,ie..computers and less physical work etc people are getting less resilient and weaker mentally and physically.

im astounded at the "problems" people have and the help people need.

emotionally as a teen you dealt with "fancying someone",rejection,mosque,school and living dual lives

so what happened?
The other day on the radio I was listening to a discussion based on the topic 'Are the children of today stupid?' And whilst I hate to generalise the truth is that a lot of them are.

I don't think myself as being especially intelligent, but when I speak to certain people my own age I just sometimes find them to be so lacking in motivation and enthusiasm, and to be honest despite the fact that with mass media the world is a much smaller, more informed place, they seem to know less and less about real life.

I think it's a product of both society and parenting. Many parents seem to these days want to be the 'good guy' in front of their children, they're too tired and busy with other things to bother with teaching or disciplining them because it is too much effort. (I hate being told off by my mother, but honestly I appreciate it when I've cooled down :D) They justify the lack of tarbiyat by saying, 'We're just like friends.' Sure, be friends with your children but don't sacrifice that valuable right and responsibility you have as their parent.

And then the education system does nothing to prepare you for the outside world. I have realised this quite recently as I am in my late teens now, my cousins who are my own age are really struggling and floundering to find their place. A lot of people are, including me. It's like 15 years they're are in this closed institution with the only occasionally breath of wind from the outside, and then they're suddenly pushed out expected to have learned the experience of life from a textbook.

muslim brother
11-25-2016, 03:49 PM
jazakallah,
proactive and involved parenting is very difficult.
my children have been brought up under very difficult circumstances.
inshallah they are prepared for the real world ,and it is tougher every day.
i see too many weak men too also,another topic.
weak men do take the easy way out,leaving everything to the mother/wife.

http://ahmedpateldewsbury.blogspot.c...parenting.html

kritikvernunft
11-25-2016, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
On another point, the idea that one's wealth somehow can make one less discriminatory towards others is astonishing. What has wealth to do with the universal human tendency to regard the group they identify with as superior to another they don't identify with? Indeed, it seems to me that kritikvernunft only shows with his post that evaluating others by their wealth is the way that he himself is experiencing this human weakness...
My father is white, but he likes African wives. I grew up amongst white people. I was usually the only person who was not white. The schools were like that. The university was like that. The business environment was like that. Everything around me was like that. The richer they were, the less the persons were a problem. I only had trouble with poverty-stricken whites who were obviously jealous. You see, pity is something that you can get for free. Jealousy, you have to earn. Until this very day, it is still mutual dislike. Other races can be poor, it is not an issue. We'll get along fine, and I won't sniff blood. Donald Trump's core constituency are people I know perfectly well. As far as I am concerned, I can help them to starve to death. ;-)

M.I.A.
11-25-2016, 09:23 PM
i think this is the point..

abz2000 not too long ago told a story about a bird whos wings froze. it fell to the ground and a cow did a crap on it.
then a cat came along and brushed off the crap...

and ate the bird.

i forgot how this story is relevant.. and he also told it better.. it is.. badly paraphrased.

muslim brother
12-19-2016, 05:02 PM
there seems to be an overwhelming moaning and complaint culture
less contentment and more misery
the fundamentals are missing
today i did some self defence with youngest son and daughter,both teens
punchbag,mitts etc
parenting and bonding
do activities together
not just shopping

Scimitar
12-19-2016, 05:12 PM

ear plugs - they get rid of outer ignorance and promote inner silence.

Works for me.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.